Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to be aware of context. Lutz wasn't involved with the Bolt development, and had pushed the development of the Volt despite GM recalling all their EV1's (funny how Tesla used that same situation to push for BEV's). It's an in-house political thing, to which he deserved credit for pushing for the plug-in hybrid at all.

That he would bash on Tesla after leaving GM was a case of jealousy and possible paid speaking engagements.
I was talking with someone from Pakistan with personal media contacts. He said pundits there can make over $50,000 a month. I imagine pay for expert witnesses and pundits is much higher here in the USA. Like you said, he maybe doesn’t get paid to show up on CNBC, but gets deals on the back end for speaking at a dealer or polluter sponsored event. Bob the expert witness may be doing very well being wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and Unpilot
I continue to think we're headed for at least ~$360 between now and the delivery report barring any change in fundamentals.

I agree. I expect reports of MIC Model 3 deliveries to start popping up within December, mainly on social media. And then a P&D report on the 2nd Jan. to get us started off positively into the new year.

At some point, regardless of the effort the Shortz put in to spread FUD, the constant flow of positive news and consistent growth will seep into the consciousness of the investing community and become undeniable. And then we really take off.

Don't look now, but that-which-must-not-be-mentioned just hit a new intraday high: 349.69

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2019-12-10.12-22.png

Chris Paine Talks About Which Companies Will Rise & Which Will Fall As EV Revolution Moves Forward | CleanTechnica

The core challenge for electric cars is, the gas car industry makes money in the aftermarket. The real money is in selling you parts and oil changes. And electric cars don’t have that advantage, which is one of the challenges for Tesla in a way. They have to sell other things.

That's right, like $10/month data subscriptions, which as an investor I'm glad to see and as a consumer ok with it.

Or operate the back end for an autonomous ad-hoc transpiration system.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
According to Minister of Environment of the State of Brandenburg, purchase contract for GF4 grounds Berlin should be ready (via reddit/Bild Zeitung):
AFTER TESLA: BASF builds battery factory in Brandenburg for 500 million euros : teslamotors

Also, BASF is building a factory near GF4 site to produce cathode material for 300,000 EVs/year, not clear if related to GF4 though but kind of suspicious IMHO:
Nach Tesla: BASF baut in Brandenburg Batteriefabrik für 500 Mio. Euro

BASF was on the list of 17 companies we discussed yesterday that got a green light for subsidies from EU.

Don't look now, but that-which-must-not-be-mentioned just hit a new intraday high: 349.69

View attachment 486806
I can't believe you actually did that! You mentioned it! I was struggling all day to not mention the unmentionable, and you just... casually mention it, like it's no big deal! There's a reason it must not be mentioned!

Thankfully the impact of Tesla crashes has become increasingly detached from the stock price. This is as should be. Anecdotes have no value in assessing the real world significance of an event.

There may be more, but both Senator Ed Markey (Massachusetts, Democrat) and Senator Richard Blumenthal (Connecticut, Democrat) today have used the complete non event of a Tesla crash into a police cruiser to argue to ban Autopilot.

Many posts have posited that Autopilot was not on or was disengaged by driver immediately before the crash. Doesn't Tesla have data from the car that can answer this question? If they do wouldn't it be short work locating this car's data logs in Tesla database?

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog
Tesla Bull of the day.

Bull of the Day: Tesla (TSLA)

A day seems a bit short.:D

I think one of the best parts of that article was his conclusion:
"Make no mistake about it, recent results suggest that other aspirants in the electric auto market are going to have to keep chasing Tesla for the foreseeable future." :D