Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

One such job opening.
Apply engineering fundamentals and a broad set of process engineering tools to solve technical problems and create novel detailed designs for a wide range of systems from electrolyte to high purity water, involving unit operations such as pump and compressor systems, reverse osmosis, distillation, heat transfer fluid systems, etc.

Provide process engineering support to operations to help resolve process bottlenecks and other long-standing issues. Successful candidate will also be expected to provide technical expertise to the engineering/design team and other groups within Tesla as a subject matter expect (SME), and to mentor less experienced engineers.
Process Engineering Lead | Gigafactory Berlin (m/w/d) | Tesla

Saw this on twitter:

The ⚡Tesladorian⚡ on Twitter

Just heard from someone who was at the tesla flagship store in shanghai. According to the guy he talked to, they are already delivering the MIC model 3 and all the cars they will produce until march have already been sold
I figured they are going to get enough delivered to secure 360,000 Tesla’s delivered this year. But this makes Q1-2020 more interesting. China is doing amazing work

A question for you investment experts that know all about this stuff... (and related to Tesla honest!)
Because I see tesla as pretty much unbeatable, I also made a few investments in a few tangential stocks which I think the growth in EVs and batteries would generate linked growth in. Two of them have done badly and I just *do not understand why*.

Here they are:
Kuka (robotics) stock ticker KU2:
KUKA AG (KU2.DE) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance
(I get that their profit has fallen but....how the hell? surely a robotics company is a license to print money right now?)

Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile:Stock ticker: SQM
(Lithium producer... seriously surely another money license?)

The Global X Funds Lithium & battery tech ETF. (stock ticker: LIT)
This is getting silly...how can this be DOWN so much? surely everyone is investing in batteries and lithium?

Am I just super-unlucky and picking the worst stock in every category. Normally I'd sell Kuka as I am so down but part of me thinks Tesla, or somebody like Tesla will just buy them at some point. Market cap 1.5billion...

Tesla bought german Grohmann after german Kuka was bought out by chinese investors. So I think that consolidation already took place.

I never understood why the german auto industry let this happen.

Chris Paine Talks About Which Companies Will Rise & Which Will Fall As EV Revolution Moves Forward | CleanTechnica

The core challenge for electric cars is, the gas car industry makes money in the aftermarket. The real money is in selling you parts and oil changes. And electric cars don’t have that advantage, which is one of the challenges for Tesla in a way. They have to sell other things.

That's right, like $10/month data subscriptions, which as an investor I'm glad to see and as a consumer ok with it.

How do we live without oil? The fossil fuel villains are still out there trying to slow this down.

There are some heroes in the industry. Bob Lutz pushing the [Chevrolet] Volt through.

Oh Chris, you had me until you decided to reveal that you think Bob is a hero.....hahaha.

Is it possible where you have the "phase 2 building?" labeled, that is actually the Phase 3 building for Model Y?

They are clearing ground in that area right now. The pictures show that it is an exact mirror image of the Phase 1 Model 3 building. (minus stamping which might be shared between Model and Y)

I agree, that's a very real possibility.

There are some heroes in the industry. Bob Lutz pushing the [Chevrolet] Volt through.

The proper car to cite here is the Chevy Bolt, not the Volt. Even if Lutz pushed through the Volt, which I didn't know. That's a Hybrid, the Bolt is the BEV. Did the author get mixed up?

Oh Chris, you had me until you decided to reveal that you think Bob is a hero.....hahaha.

That's the top story on my Google page (whether I put "Tesla stock price" in quotes or not).

This is good. It helps attract all those rich pot-smoking boomers into becoming TSLA shareholders! :cool:
It’s funny that launching rockets and wanting to go to Mars makes Elon Musk a visionary, genius, Iron Man...but selling selling cars makes Elon delusional, crazy, and a fraud

• Disagree
Reactions: Skryll
That Elon's street racing in Cyber is doing its thing. Me thinks.

Also a good reason for today's action (again, pick one).

CyberTruck is growing on me... and my wife! The money shot with Musk and his girl has to help sales to the macho personality.

Finally, the "Concept Car", brought to you by Tesla.

Tesla bought german Grohmann after german Kuka was bought out by chinese investors. So I think that consolidation already took place.

I never understood why the german auto industry let this happen.
The German Auto Industry has always believed that EVs are niche only and will never amount to anything, so they didn't care. That attitude is now changing, but it's likely too late.