Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dec 2, 2019
Lucid Motors breaks ground on its $700 million Arizona factory – TechCrunch

Dec 19,2019
Lucid Air reservation cost reduced to $1,000, production starts late 2020 - Electrek

Lucid claims not competing directly with Model S but with Mercedes S Class. Ultimate "luxury" vehicle.

indeed, in not all cases have the companies themselves utterly imploded, but, my understanding is that in the cases I sighted their claims of quickly putting out cars that match Tesla imploded (ie, multi-year delays at best, and vehicles that look very doubtful to ever reach market in some cases).

aside: my Model 3 is currently downloading the latest software update. Everyone at Tesla got this one delivered on time, and it sure feels like a gift! Happy Holidays everyone!

my prediction is that Lucid sells around 5,000 EVs before shutting its doors. Tesla’s lead and battery tech will prove insurmountable.

does anybody know if Lucid has autonomous driving?

I hope not. We need more EVs

I live in North Phoenix. Perhaps next year I will occasionally drive out and see what I can see with Lucid's construction progress.

Happy holidays everyone.

I've got to admit I'm having a bit of anxiety right now. I've suddenly found myself a little too deep into options. Earlier today I kind of made up my mind to start taking profits, but the volume and action on a day like today makes me think we still have more room to run.

You might consider selling some and buying common shares with the proceeds.

I’m as bullish as anyone here and you probably will miss out on more upside - but options are a double-edged sword and it’s a lot easier to sell them on the way up than at the same price on the way down.

My strategy would be to deleverage to the degree that relieves the anxiety you’re feeling.

Anyone heard from @tivoboy who predicted that “Tesla has a higher chance of going back to $180 than going to $250s” when the stock was siting on $220s?

Like many others that come here with confidence and conviction after getting a couple bearish calls correctly, then poof, they just disappear from thin air. If anyone has his personal contact, please update us on his current state of mind. What he thinks about Q4 deliveries and Model Y? I’m up for a good laugh.

He was pretty accurate on the way down. Very strong technical analysis skills from the looks of it but failed to price in a fundamental change. Wh8ch is what this rally is about.

The ways of a prophet is wrought with dead prophets that have 99% accuracy.

I’ve had trouble deciding whether Jonas is a whore to TSLA bear clients, or just desperately wants to be the smartest guy in the room, able to elucidate an uber bull and uber bear case, creatively and outlandishly.

But this isn’t the first example of the timing of a report that reeks of manipulation.

He’s a whore.

Merry Christmas.
Hey now, putting Jonas at the same level will give whores a bad reputation... ;)

The cyber truck is a hit. You can point at the reservations as evidence. You can point at the knockoffs as evidence. Where's the article talking about someone doing an F-150 raptor knockoff? There isn't. But the cyber truck is, and will be, in the news and in social media. Two years of buzz before the real thing arrives.

$100 fully refundable reservations are hand raisings not evidence of a hit.

2012 Nissan LEAF had a shitload of $99 deposits.

There are so many Raptor knockoffs they don't make news. Any old F150 with a lift kit is a Raptor knockoff.

If the recovery holds... its conceivable will close in the green again. Not that I expect that -- after all, this rise has to level at some point -- but it would just be freaking hilarious if the short attack fizzled and $TSLA set a fifth consecutive ATH
MERRY XMAS TSLA FAM 2019 HAS BEEN AN ADVENTURE BUT 2020 IS TRULY OUR YEAR I LOVE YOU ALL

Anyone heard from @tivoboy who predicted that “Tesla has a higher chance of going back to $180 than going to $250s” when the stock was siting on $220s?

Like many others that come here with confidence and conviction after getting a couple bearish calls correctly, then poof, they just disappear from thin air. If anyone has his personal contact, please update us on his current state of mind. What he thinks about Q4 deliveries and Model Y? I’m up for a good laugh.
He's been posting lately, not on this thread though. Keep an eye on the Kettleman City Supercharger thread...

My local store, Santa Barbara tells me they are cranking out deliveries like crazy! I'll be volunteering there both Friday and Monday, as I often do.

Not off topic! Many TSLA buyers travel Baja. Also of interest to Baja, Mexico travelers. Back in February of 2019, Tesla had installed Destination Chargers all the way down the peninsula. They made very good choices of hotels and B&B's (except in Mulege with is not a nice hotel) all the way down. I had meant to be the first Tesla to make the trip down last April but a tenant trashing a rental meant I had to stay home and repair it all. As I write this, Isaiah of San Jose, CA, is making the trip down in his Model 3, he is person #1! He is hitting every charger, taking pics, and reviewing on PlugShare. My management contact at Tesla Mexico has reached out to Isaiah to thank him.

I plan to do the same trip this March.

As I stated above, the hotel in Mulege with Destination Chargers is kinda' slimy. I have a friend in Mulege who runs the nicest B&B in town. I am working with him now to install Nema 14-50's. CLEMENTINES MULEGE - Updated 2019 Prices & B&B Reviews (Mexico) - TripAdvisor

I've been traveling Baja 40 years, since the days before pavement. It is a wonderful place with very friendly citizens. Fabulous food as well.
One of the biggest attractions is the whales of Laguna San Ignacio. I have visited these grey whales at least 30 times. Best months for the whales are February and March. Here's one of my videos:
If it video bores you, the whales can be seen at minute 2:00. If you dig fiddles and mandolins, there's some of that as well.

It’s Danish Xmas (24th) and I’m at my in-laws. Fortunately my wife is driving, so I’m slightly inebriated, unfortunately we’re in her Ford...

What a close, screw you, Morgan effing Stanley!!

And to all here...

upload_2019-12-24_20-31-30.jpeg

my prediction is that Lucid sells around 5,000 EVs before shutting its doors. Tesla’s lead and battery tech will prove insurmountable.

I am 99% confident there will be other companies selling vehicles in 2030.

I give Lucid about 20% chance of success.

In the ICE age the best OEM did not have 100% market share neither will it be the case in the BEV age.

indeed, in not all cases have the companies themselves utterly imploded, but, my understanding is that in the cases I sighted their claims of quickly putting out cars that match Tesla imploded (ie, multi-year delays at best, and vehicles that look very doubtful to ever reach market in some cases).

Tesla has had multi year delays.

I was addressing Lucid specifically. Even though FF hasn't gone out of business it has been bought out by a Chinese Health Company and founder/CEO pushed out.

$100 fully refundable reservations are hand raisings not evidence of a hit.

2012 Nissan LEAF had a shitload of $99 deposits.

There are so many Raptor knockoffs they don't make news. Any old F150 with a lift kit is a Raptor knockoff.

From looking around, Nissan didn’t do reservations for the 2012 LEAF, only the 2011 one. Best source I can find shows 6,635 reservations. So, roughly 1/50th the reservations of the Cybertruck. And it looks like they went on to actually sell about 23,000 of those in 2011.

And, of course, there’s a slight difference between having a knockoff of a truck that’s been around for 10 years and already having one of a truck that nobody outside Tesla had ever seen until a month ago.