Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I got lucky then.

Are you sure you are right? FORGE has them as raising money on a pretty regular basis. Are you saying SpaceX is self funding right now? Maybe when StarLink is active.

Forge

Great for you to get lucky. Which secondary market did you use to purchase your shares? Forge? Sharespost?

I think we are certain that at least employees and perhaps former employees are under a corporate right of first refusal. Maybe a few shares leak out from some of the big names who have invested (e.g., funds). But SpaceX's owners generally are not the type to sell -- Musk, Google, Founders Fund.

The #TSLAQ crowd may be able to scrape some money together if they sell their block list to marketing companies I think. That list is full of people newly flush with cash.

Even if you just say positive things they can wind up adding you. He is closing, down 50%, but then goes on to say he is still sure it's a fraud and will go back in at some point.

Sad. I'm tempted to comment but it will be taken the wrong way I'm sure.
TDS? (Tesla Derangement Syndrome)

I bet Elon is doubling work load at all Tesla locations to keep them focused haha his employees are making more daily from the stock options than they are from working.

Just kidding, I think we are all thankful of the work Tesla employees have done to get this company where it is. Those guys are killing it! But the best is in front of them so no time to let off the accelerator now.

So, imagine you're shorting this stock. And your whole thesis is around valuation, and how many cars Tesla makes vs. Ford, or GM, or dare-I-say VW. And how much experience those venerable companies have in making proper cars, compared to whomps-wheels Thrashla, right?

How badly would you lose your sh*t right about now?

Alternatively, imagine that you _had_ shorted TSLA and then tried to make up for your devastating losses by selling OTM TSLA calls that expire this month.

This is what Mark BS(Q) has admitted to doing...

Modules go into packs (along with one penthouse per pack). Cells go into modules. Shipping modules from GF1 is a possible intermediate strategy, if "Pack production has begun" as we have been told.

Sigh. Any of you kids who actually think "Cells gozinta Packs" (I see this in discussion of double-stack pack architecture for Cybertruck, too!), well, all I can say is, you are watching your Jack Rickard media too fast.
Here is the main one that will set you straight, helping us all:
Tesla Model 3 Battery Removal and Disassembly

I'll take my "Helpful" now, k thanx bai!
Ahaha bite me. Hands go in glove. Gloves go in pockets.

Serious question - is there any precedent for such a heavily shorted stock to grow like this, in this kind of time frame. AAPL always used to be shorted by morons in the late 2000's and kept growing, but not at this speed.

absolutely, and much moreso in fact. Look at AMD over the last few years -- it had multiple runups where it doubled or tripled in value over the course of a few months. that's just one example.

Serious question - is there any precedent for such a heavily shorted stock to grow like this, in this kind of time frame. AAPL always used to be shorted by morons in the late 2000's and kept growing, but not at this speed.
There is no precedent because Tesla is not being shorted because the shorts are trying to make money. Other companies, short positions are taken to make money.

I feel we are in uncharted territory here. It is ridiculously hard to get a handle on this stock right now. What exactly is going on?

-Long buying?
-Shorts covering?
-Chinese piling in as Elon dances?
-Index funds trying to get a head start on acquiring necessary shares?

All of the above? Where does it end? Has the overshoot already happened or is that 300 point from now?

I keep buying and selling and buying and selling (short term account), when I should have been just buying and buying and buying.

I have self examined and I have decided that I am OK with all this. It works for me.:p

There is no precedent because Tesla is not being shorted because the shorts are trying to make money. Other companies, short positions are taken to make money.

If you buy into the theory that most of the short position is funded from the fossil fuel industry(which I fall into that camp), I am curious at what stock price, the cost of the short gets so extreme that even they're forced to cover :eek: