Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
So those are all his, huh
Screenshot_20200117-110045_Firstrade.jpg

Do we have weekly chart interpreters?
@Artful Dodger ? @StealthP3D ?

I feel like I'm lacking a vital skill here.

You have to admit TSLA is a stock that you can make money on either by betting it goes up or by betting it goes down. Like in many aspects of life it's all in the timing. I sold my shares that were into long term capital gains. Got $520 for them. I bet I can buy them back cheaper at some point. I mean significantly cheaper. Don't know what the quarter financials will show, but the stock is very inflated and anything remotely like bad news will make it drop a bunch. Then I'll get back in and wait for the next good news. :)
I must confess I did kind of the same thing: sold 25 @ 530 & 537 respectively, hedged a bit to the downside because AFK for the day (at a loss), bought some more other speculative ETF's, and today re-bought the 50 tsla with a little cash to spare. :)

This was only a portion of my holdings and timing is crucial (to my loss) but I was a little nervous and low on cash. Advice: Don't be. ;)

Sometimes luck is on your side. o_O

• Informative
Reactions: capster
Normally you would say that you can’t because the way an article is written. This is the exception. The title makes a false statement. They do not say “reportedly” or similar language. A safe title would be “Tesla under scrutiny as ntsha investigates acceleration incidents”

Even that's incorrect, the NHTSA are going to look at complaints about it, 99.999% of which are likely fraudulent and posted by Keef Wivaneff's and the other $TSLAQ crooks.

There was another reason for unplanned acceleration in the early MS. The steering wheel had the cruise lever on the left above the turn signal lever. When making a right hand turn I occasionally pulled up on the cruise lever which caused the car to accelerate even though I was not touching the accelerator. This still happens to me when i have driven the M3 a lot and then drive my old S. However, it is still driver error. I think this only applies to the early S with the wheel from Mercedes. Those who have been around awhile have seen these sudden acceleration claims many times as excuses for wrecks. Nothing new here.

Tesla cars are accelerating without warning, prompting government scrutiny
Tesla cars are accelerating without warning, prompting government scrutiny

The headline is awful as there is nothing that merits an "are" statement of fact.

Worse, the author then promotes his own click bait article on Twitter with a click bait "uh oh"
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 1.18.47 PM.png

According to his LinkedIn, these schools need to re-evaulate how they are teaching journalism.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-hawkins-992644a3/
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 1.20.51 PM.png

Their graduates are just creating click bait articles and making the world a more stupid place.

The worst part is if you need clicks, there are ways to do it and still be honest about it.

Are Tesla cars are accelerating without warning?
Owners questions prompt Government scrutiny.

The answer of course is no, every time no, for not just Tesla cars.

But at least it is intellectually honest.

In the end, every false click bait headline creates a buying TSLA Long buying opportunity.

D

Sorry, it must have been a scrolling error.I undid it. I am not sure I even read it. I will love it if it you want... I am not a clown but my wife thinks I am funny (looking)
With over 1,000+ cash long shares ( and 7 $355 March calls, which after the ER will be rolled into more shares ) I can assure you I don't wear short shorts and this site provides me with valuable info.
BTW I was a linestander with a white LR Model 3 vin 99XX and a Model Y order holder.

FWIW I switched to mobile reading recently and I noticed I disagreed a lot of posts because sloppy fingers. I figured it out later on.

There was another reason for unplanned acceleration in the early MS. The steering wheel had the cruise lever on the left above the turn signal lever. When making a right hand turn I occasionally pulled up on the cruise lever which caused the car to accelerate even though I was not touching the accelerator. This still happens to me when i have driven the M3 a lot and then drive my old S. However, it is still driver error. I think this only applies to the early S with the wheel from Mercedes. Those who have been around awhile have seen these sudden acceleration claims many times as excuses for wrecks. Nothing new here.
Yup... same thing happens to me at least once a week. I always realize when I hit the stalk, and the car chimes when you do it, but I would be willing to bet a lot of the cases are from this.

Only if there were justice in the universe

Dude, that's mean. I know you were never keen on TT007's cheerleading, but he's a nice guy and very much a Tesla bull.

Benzinga - 1.5 hours ago: Tesla Option Alert: Jun 19 $700 Calls Sweep (2) near the Ask: 500 @ $16.7 vs 7123 OI; Earnings 1/29 After Close [est] Ref=$509.14

The total cost of this options trade would have been $835,000. Trading at the ask price suggests that the call buyer was more anxious than the writer/seller. It also implies that the buyer expects the TSLA share price to be at least $716.70 by 2020 JUN 19.

In this headline it states Earnings 1/29 After Close - any validity to that?