Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It means that if their vision is fuzzy they lose money, lose clients, and are not hedge fund managers anymore. They have to be right more than they are wrong or they are short lived.

I caution against taking the shenanigans of a**holes pumping a stock up or down as evidence that they are clowns. It does not; it just means they are a**holes.

Your message has a decidedly bitter tone to it. This should be a time of happiness.

Since when have TSLA short-sellers been considered smarter than your average bear?

FOMO or shorts getting scared and covering? Either way it's riveting.

It has got eat away at people like Gordon to have to deal with a "small time" investor like Gali who gets a lot of airtime and has growing popularity. It's Wall St smug at it's finest.
I finished the rest of the video. His viewpoints are direct from TSLAQ on Twitter. He isn't even doing his own research, just parroting what he reads online. That's crazy.

The bit about warranty coverage under goodwill really stuck out to me. They shared a receipt earlier from a customer, it consisted of windshield wiper, fob battery, air filter change. Lots of gloating about the fake goodwill. The problem is that those things aren't covered by the warranty. So dumb.

This is why I don’t understand those arguing that Tesla should provide skateboards to OEMs. What exactly do OEMs then bring to the table?

They can differentiate by body design, number of doors, interior, colors, software (eg include CarPlay or whatever). Just like the PC industry does on top of standard motherboards. It doesn't seem that far fetched to me. Buy skateboard vs build one.

Your message has a decidedly bitter tone to it
I suppose that is true.
I despise a**holes, AGW denialists, and Trumpers

Too many of these shorts are all three, and I look forward to their demise. I do not, however, reject the short hypothesis out of hand before I consider it carefully, and revisit my conclusions fairly often.

Option prices are moving in sync with the share price too much considering earnings and associated earnings call will dwarf any trading movement right before the call.

With this in mind I just sold 25% of my 2/7/2020 $650 calls. The proceeds paid for all of them. I'm no less bullish than I was 10 minutes ago, I just liked the price I was offered. But I didn't like it enough to sell them all. Go figure.o_O

I still have all of my 2/21/2020 $620's. :cool:

I keep asking myself if I should sell my 50 trading shares but keep coming back to the idea that the odds of it going up are better than it going down, but more importantly I think the upside potential is greater than downside. Mentally prepared for either.

Heh, same here but the other way around. FOMO got me to buy 50 trading shares in the morning since options are stupid expensive. Pocketed the $700 and sold 'em now, sticking to holding steady.

For sure this makes the big run-up more probable. You are welcome ;)

Wow. If the report is accurate this would be huge news, wouldn't it?

That's one thing I was always wondering about. Everyone keeps on jabbering about long haul trucking when it comes to Tesla semi. But there is a very large short haul market which doesn't require huge amounts of expensive batteries.

I emailed the journalist who wrote the article asking him to confirm the Tesla semi delivery 2Q20 since this would be market moving news if true. He emailed me back saying that he was in the process of confirming it.

UPDATE: The original article (now corrected) was incorrect - the trucking CEO confirmed second half of 2020 for semi delivery. Still interesting confirmation from a customer.

Last edited: