Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had CNBC on in the car and a little before 9:55am PT to they were talking Tesla and about the rise today. One of the guys referred to “retail clowns”. Hmm all I could think is who’s laughing now.

Then maybe 5 min. after 10am PT talk of Tesla began again. Guess it’s not so hard to ignore on the broadcast lately. Sounds like more and more of the discussion is about analysts changing their tune. Of course still a number holding on to an overvalued stock that is due to come down.

Been mostly observing this board since I bought my Nissan LEAF and first TSLA shares in 2013. I have to add my voice to the chorus of folks offering big thanks and appreciation to the extremely knowledgeable contributors on this board that volunteered their insights during the darker days. I am by nature a conservative investor, with most of my market exposure through VTI and other broad-based funds. I am a true believer in Tesla, its mission and products, but if not for this community I fear I would have sold out during the last trip below $200. I never lost faith in Elon or the product, but rather started to question if the bears/shorts could actually damage the SP and reputation of the company enough that it might actually fail or have its growth trajectory severely altered. On my worst days, the thought that ultimately kept me steadfast was that if Tesla fails then what good would the surplus money do me or my kids on a wrecked planet anyway. Betting on Tesla/TSLA really is the ultimate win-win. Congrats and thank you to all!

Last edited:
Interesting pattern developing. Huge spike, big drop, then steady rise for awhile. Huge spike, big drop, back into a rise.

Huge spike = big short position covering?
Big drop = algos selling for very short term profits?
Steady rise = buyers continue purchasing at a better price?

I was explaining it as shorting and regretting and covering again in the midst of others buying

Picked up 2 $800 calls for 2/7 this morning. Just sold one at 150% return. Holding the other for now. Simply nuts.

That may depend on FSD progress. Cheap/abundant robotaxis might be very desirable in a recession.

Me and you both! I picked up 2 Feb 700 800 calls at 3.20 this morning when I saw all the action this morning. It is at 14 now, but I just want to let it ride for some more tendies!

Getting HW3 installed in my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 today! I scheduled an appointment in December and Tesla cancelled it because the it was not yet available for my VIN. Tried again a couple of weeks ago and this time they didn't cancel! They are also addressing a couple of bulletins (replace charge port pins, adjust frunk latch). I don't want to cause a run on the service center, so please keep this a secret :)

Anything else exciting happen in Teslaland today??