Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting pattern developing. Huge spike, big drop, then steady rise for awhile. Huge spike, big drop, back into a rise.

Huge spike = big short position covering?
Big drop = algos selling for very short term profits?
Steady rise = buyers continue purchasing at a better price?

Steady rise = in part options market makers adjusting their delta hedges up.

$100 is a monster move, resulting in a lot of delta increase.

Picked up 2 $800 calls for 2/7 this morning. Just sold one at 150% return. Holding the other for now. Simply nuts.

Never thought I'd even consider selling before 2025, but if we see $1200 this calendar year I might have to think about it. Gotta think we re-test $100B valuation when the macro downturn inevitably hits.
That may depend on FSD progress. Cheap/abundant robotaxis might be very desirable in a recession.

Back when $TSLA reached $500, a Tesla bull on Twitter excitedly announced that they cashed out with big gains - but would buy back after the Q1 dip.

I then replied that the Q1 dip might be from $650 to $590.

He had many more upvotes than me, I suppose because he was being sensible and I was being delusional.

The obvious lesson that is so hard to learn is that you can’t time the market and it’s foolish to sell a winner swimming in good news with a tsunami of great news coming just around the corner!

blast it, there I go mixing my metaphors today. Blame it on exuberance :)