Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to open a thread for TSLA trading for noobs so the big guys here can give us some tips. I am sitting in some cash since the stock hit $400 and I just watched the stock fly by :oops:
May I use this opportunity to thank FactChecking, KarenRei, ReflexFunds,... all the top bulls here who kept our heads cool during the past several years of FUD!
Thanks to them I'm making $$$$ because I'm a LOOONGGG BULLLL !!!!!

must add StealthP3D, ArtfulDodger, AnthonyJ, and i forget what's-his-name, mr BAF himself...

If this isn't a squeeze, what does a squeeze look like?

200 to 1000 sp in a few days was a squeeze. VW only had 13% of the shares shorted vs Tesla that is double this. This is a short covering rally in conjunction with some major funds buying into this green energy initiative. I would expect Blackrock and others to start announcing their new stake in Tsla soon. You can feel the money pouring out of big oil and into Tesla at this moment.

Just letting people know that "short squeeze" is not anything positive. It's a pump and dump and shorts who are not covering are expecting this "dump" because they really think Tesla is going through a squeeze. So calling this a squeeze is actually beneficial to TSLAQ because we are calling this a BTC style balloon not supported by any fundamentals but just by fear from weak hands.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-greatest-short-squeezes-ever

We keep hearing that short covering is only a small fraction of whats driving this rally, and more of a reaction to margin calls rather than the driving force. This means the main driving force is longs accumulating, probably some huge investor, institution. If its a new one they need to report it when they reach 5%, AFAIK. On the other hand if its an existing large shareholder adding more, they still need to periodically report an amendment to declare their new position, right ?
When do we find out who is it if that is the case ?

I disagreed because there is no way this is driven by one institution or one large shareholder. Not even 10% of it is driven by the largest single entity.

Why do some people keep trying to foist these ridiculous, obviously false narratives on us?

What you are looking at is a broad-based market realization that Tesla is the future and people joining our vision. And that is obviously being coupled with the capitulation of the shorts. Of course, there will be new shorts piling on at these levels and, at some point they will have to capitulate also (or again). There is nothing that hints this is primarily driven by one entity!

I disagreed because there is no way this is driven by one institution or one large shareholder. Not even 10% of it is driven by the largest single entity.

Why do some people keep trying to foist these ridiculous, obviously false narratives on us?

What you are looking at is a broad-based market realization that Tesla is the future and people joining our vision. And that is obviously being coupled with the capitulation of the shorts. Of course, there will be new shorts piling on at these levels and, at some point they will have to capitulate also (or again). There is nothing that hints this is primarily driven by one entity!

I think you misspelled decapitation ;)