Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm always amazed by the size of some of the trading accounts here. If I had to actually exercise my options I'd be stuck with just 1 or 2 a year. :)

Yeah of course - that's what keeps most retail traders from actually exercising the damn things. But it's easy to forget that could actually be a reasonable possibility for some, and if the goal is to accumulate shares for the long-term and hold off taking profits for tax purposes, maybe it makes sense for some.

After listening to the third row podcast with Elon Part 2, and him talking about the tremendous costs associated with shipping. Even if Germany is not the cheapest location for a Gigafactory, it is still less expensive than the logistics involved with not manufacturing on the continent that you wish to sell your vehicles.

I think that's only part of it. The other key part is the shorter time between order date and delivery. If Tesla can get the delivery time short enough, every single order generates CASHFLOW. If they can't, every single order requires capital. When a company's growing as fast as Tesla this is a huge difference. Essentially, the gigafactory strategy is going to allow Tesla to grow from its own cashflow. The more orders, the more immediate cash. Because they get the money from the customer, BEFORE they have to pay the incremental costs of manufacturing that car. That's incredibly important.

So just 5.96M shares traded so far today (including Pre-Market and 1st hr of the Main session). Looks like MMs will successfully peg SP somewhere near their our Max Pain, and looks like there's a strong base building around here for next week.

So what's the good news for next week:
  • GF3/Shanghai resumes production on Monday?
  • First ship arrives in Zeebrugge?
  • Could we get a side order of Texas Toast? :cool:
TIA.

Cheers!
Next week GF3/Shanghai could extend its closure for another 1 week which can push the SP down. Isn't there still some pressure to bring this down to lower levels due to shorts and Technical price being over extended?

Next week GF3/Shanghai could extend its closure for another 1 week which can push the SP down. Isn't there still some pressure to bring this down to lower levels due to shorts and Technical price being over extended?

Also, next week, a meteor could strike GF1, and Elon could spontaneously combust.

There are no signs that China is planning to delay reopening its factories. They do not want their economy shut down forever.

Now heading down a bit.
giphy.gif

Next week a lot of things could happen that we don't know about. I don't see any information that leads me to believe the forced shut-down will be extended but of course that's possible along with a bunch of other negatives that may or may not happen.

Since you don't appear to have any new information indicating an extension to the closure has increased in likelihood, I'm thinking this post looks a lot like deliberate FUD.

Well, if we say 968 Top is in, then possibility of downside movement to form a base is greater.
I am not shorts TSLA, but No one knows what near term SP is going to be so just giving out scenario that could fit downside movement.

Next week a lot of things could happen that we don't know about. I don't see any information that leads me to believe the forced shut-down will be extended but of course that's possible along with a bunch of other negatives that may or may not happen.

Since you don't appear to have any new information indicating an extension to the closure has increased in likelihood, I'm thinking this post looks a lot like deliberate FUD.
You can't make money only thinking about all the things that could go wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thumper

I wasn't trying to create any FUD, if you took it as that, my apologizes. Let me rephrase, with current corona Virus outbreak, would there be a small chance that this could happen?

There are no signs that China is planning to delay reopening its factories. They do not want their economy shut down forever.

This was the response I got when I queried my friend in Shenzhen, which is near Shanghai, about the roadblocks/lockdown. It sounds like its still a little iffy with reopening everything next Monday, unfortunately.

Thanks for the message. Not heard about the city lockdown. Some public bus routes and Metros have reduced services this week. Private cars are moving freely. There are medical check points at each highway exit for every returning to Shenzhen passenger.
(***My factory***) applied for restarting work on February 10. So far not approved. According to a rumor, the non-medical related factories are allowed to re-open on February 17 instead of February 10.