Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the best part.

Do all growth story companies attract this sort of conspiracy nuttery? Or is there something special about how Tesla combines tech, green energy, and Elon's personality that attracts the crazies? I know Amazon had it's share of dedicated shorts in the past, but I don't recall them being this crazy. I suppose social media's amplifying effect could be a factor. Prior to that people couldn't sit around and feed off each other.
Tesla makes idiots mad in a lot of ways that a simple bookmonger-gone-maverick never could. It draws ire from haters in a very SPECIAL way. I think it's unique in this sense.

Guys, I'm weak. I sold my first ever Tesla shares today, at $840! :(

Only a small portion of my holdings for a few DIY projects at home. And leftovers will go towards a deposit on a LR Model 3 later in the year. Ultimately makes very little difference to my long term strategy, which is very much buy and hold.

840 looks more like a buying level

So something different for a sec... Went to watch Bad Boys For Life this weekend, and it quite visibly featured a model X with the Falcon doors open and the logo visible in a follow up closeup shot.

Did Tesla change their policy regarding advertising / product placement? Or could it have featured that visibly for free in a new blockbuster Hollywood movie?

Just wondering if I missed something or if it's awesome free advertising.

Some days the outer noise is so loud, even the convinced ones are taken away.
And I often fell for it. :confused:

Today I was not, and there are two reasons, that changed over time:

1.) I avoid "news", since Pravduh showed me, how one-sighted they are. It clears your mind and it even eases a lot.

2.) If one believes from the heart, in the future of this company, wouldn't he or she buy all the way down?
Sure, every makro event may take a day, a week, or even a year, but 2025 at the latest, this chance will look obvious.

At this point I have to thank all of you, for the incredible knowledge, that helped me build more confidence over the past years !

(and to not only ignore, but to take advantage of days like this.)

Cheers ! :)

Last edited:
#neverForget

jj.png

So something different for a sec... Went to watch Bad Boys For Life this weekend, and it quite visibly featured a model X with the Falcon doors open and the logo visible in a follow up closeup shot.

Did Tesla change their policy regarding advertising / product placement? Or could it have featured that visibly for free in a new blockbuster Hollywood movie?

There are Teslas in plenty of shows and movies. Deadpool comes to mind. This isn't new. Tesla may or may not be paying for it (I'm thinking not)

I have a friend whom I trust that has a Model Y reservation, as do I. He got a phone call this morning inviting him to attend a Model Y event in Vegas this Saturday. He can't go. I can find no confirmation that anything is happening this weekend, but his is the last day of Feb with deliveries expected in March. Interesting........
I've read these events are mostly Solar+Storage sales sessions with very little Model Y info.

Probably free. They probably liked the look and nobody was lining up to pay for a placement.

840 looks more like a buying level
Indeed. Charts say $820 was technical support this morning. No matter with these events imminent:
  • Moody's upgrade
  • Model 3 MIC deliveries
  • Model Y deliveries
All due before an outstanding Q1'20 P&D Report in < 6 wks, and a 5-10 yr Biz. roadmap on Bty Day.

MMs can have day fun; I'm here all week*. ;)

thank-youthank-you-im-here-all-week-25146509.png

Cheers!
*and by week I mean decade.

Last edited:
Indeed. Charts say $820 was technical support this morning. No matter with these events imminent:
  • Moody's upgrade
  • Model 3 MIC deliveries
  • Model Y deliveries
All due before an outstanding Q1'20 P&D Report in < 6 wks, and a 5-10 yr Biz. roadmap on Bty Day.

MMs can have day fun; I'm here all week*. ;)

Cheers!
*and by week I mean decade.
MIC deliveries imminent? I thought they already started.

Jay in Shanghai on Twitter

Although would expect more publicity. Maybe it's a mistake.

In a spasm of over-caution, sold 1/3 of my stake a few days before the 1/29 ER (<$600) and have been waiting for an opportunity to buy it back. Did so with half the dry powder at today’s open at $838.59. Feels like that was decent timing, and I’m looking at the cautious move as an expensive lesson. Wondering if I can consider today’s stake as a long-term position without pruning it.......