Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started buying in May 2013 at $101, continued buying right up to $375 (ouch) and still buying on the way down. Haven't sold a single share and don't plan to until we hit ARKK's forecast of $4,000 share price in 5 yrs...

So this was me back in April 2019 (SP $240). Still haven't sold a share but also hadn't purchased any in over 6 mo (Ok except for that 1 share at $420 ;)), trying to stay diversified.

Today I started buying again. The combination of discounted SP and overwhelming potential good news in the near future is too compelling to avoid. Not an advice.

upload_2020-2-24_15-44-51.png

Such creative FUD :), heavily dependent on China :)

In a spasm of over-caution, sold 1/3 of my stake a few days before the 1/29 ER (<$600) and have been waiting for an opportunity to buy it back. Did so with half the dry powder at today’s open at $838.59. Feels like that was decent timing, and I’m looking at the cautious move as an expensive lesson. Wondering if I can consider today’s stake as a long-term position without pruning it.......
Yeah, I did something similar before the Q3 delivery report. It was a good lesson not to doubt myself.
View attachment 514740

Marketwatch really doesn't like Tesla. WSJ article on the market today talks about tech stocks getting hit but was far more fair.

I did draw the support line at $820 a few days ago and we had indeed a perfect touch down.

841 and 861 seems to be resistance levels now but they are IMO weaker than the $820 support. If we break below $800 will be the next stop.

Usually such hysteria that we have seen today about the CoronaVirus which is actually funny for me to watch as its bad and sad of course but will not affect the economy much (maybe I have seen just too many of those hysteria in my life) is holding 2-3 days until the adrenaline and hormones cocktail some have in its blood left the body. Don't get me wrong thats a bad virus and its hard to control but thats about it.

In any case and even if the SP goes further down its a great buy opportunity on the long run as nothing has changed but just people have fear. Even more strange the fear is not even factually supported as if we look at the data the new cases decrease and the net infections too.

I am always surprised how limited people are in logical thinking if wrong information is only repeated often enough. The WHO reported that the peak in china was end of January but that does not matter of course for people full of fear anyway and they sell.

Thats cheap and easy money you can collect if you have the liquidity.

Tesla d TMC-2.png

I'm gonna laugh so hard into my lobster and wagyu if we bust 900 by end of week.
The virus is a total head fake and only sheep are scared of it.
I'm not even convinced that a real recession would be bad for Tesla in the long run, compared to their erstwhile competitors at least.

View attachment 514740

That is by Claudia Assis who is nowhere to be found unless there is Tesla FUD to be written (Okay, there was one article she penned that didn't have a single negative, but that was written after quite a drought brought on by successive all time highs).

This one is full of the FUD that she loves best. Just one example:

Claudi Assis said:
The COVID-19 outbreak in China has been called “a clear headwind” for Tesla, which has pinned a lot of its expansion plans on the Chinese market and the performance of its Shanghai factory. It also takes the company farther from the inclusion of its stock in the S&P 500 index. SPX, -3.35%
"has been called" is exactly the sort of unsourced vague statement beloved by FUDsters everywhere.

Tesla has, of course, "pinned a lot of its expansion plans on the Chinese market and the performance of its Shanghai factory." Just like it has also pinned a lot of its expansion plans on the German market and the performance of its Brandenburg factory (which hasn't even broken ground yet!) :rolleyes:

And then we get a leap of faith such as is constantly taken by shorts and their enablers in the press. In this case that S&P inclusion is now in doubt because of COVID-19. Considering that the factory was barely affected by outbreak leaves that as a head scratcher, but that isn't unusual when it comes to the press and Tesla.

Sigh. I really had hoped that she was just negative on Tesla but had been brought around by the obviously and unmistakably positive outlook. Honestly, even if I were a paid shill I'd be embarrassed to have my name attached that article. I'd at least have found a way to make the leap of faith less obvious (not that I'm about to give her kind any pointers by doing so here).

I added a total of 40 shares today with average cost of 833. Like others said there are so many pending announcements that could act as the next catalyst. Until that happens though I think we see shorts continuing to dig a hole for themselves. It will be interesting to see Papafox's daily report to understand how much of today's action was short selling.

That is by Claudia Assis who is nowhere to be found unless there is Tesla FUD to be written (Okay, there was one article she penned that didn't have a single negative, but that was written after quite a drought brought on by successive all time highs).

This one is full of the FUD that she loves best. Just one example:

"has been called" is exactly the sort of unsourced vague statement beloved by FUDsters everywhere.

Tesla has, of course, "pinned a lot of its expansion plans on the Chinese market and the performance of its Shanghai factory." Just like it has also pinned a lot of its expansion plans on the German market and the performance of its Brandenburg factory (which hasn't even broken ground yet!) :rolleyes:

And then we get a leap of faith such as is constantly taken by shorts and their enablers in the press. In this case that S&P inclusion is now in doubt because of COVID-19. Considering that the factory was barely affected by outbreak leaves that as a head scratcher, but that isn't unusual when it comes to the press and Tesla.

Sigh. I really had hoped that she was just negative on Tesla but had been brought around by the obviously and unmistakably positive outlook. Honestly, even if I were a paid shill I'd be embarrassed to have my name attached that article. I'd at least have found a way to make the leap of faith less obvious (not that I'm about to give her kind any pointers by doing so here).

No news from Tesla is usually a good sign. I hope they really surprise with their GF3 delivery numbers.

MIC deliveries imminent? I thought they already started.

Jay in Shanghai on Twitter

Although would expect more publicity. Maybe it's a mistake.
The red color is hard to get right. It was about 6-8 months from first Model S deliveries (from memory... maybe even longer) before they started shipping the multi-coat red cars. They're now delivering RED cars.

That's the best part.

Do all growth story companies attract this sort of conspiracy nuttery? Or is there something special about how Tesla combines tech, green energy, and Elon's personality that attracts the crazies? I know Amazon had it's share of dedicated shorts in the past, but I don't recall them being this crazy. I suppose social media's amplifying effect could be a factor. Prior to that people couldn't sit around and feed off each other.

It's crazy. They're going to make a movie about this, no question about it.

Only this time, this guy is going to be on the wrong side of the bet.

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11
Sheep and those with options expiring at the end of the week.
Hey I bought options expiring at EOW BECAUSE of it :cool:
FWIW, Will Smith's son Jaden has done multiple videoclips, as a rapper, with his Model X.
He even descended upon a stage with it (his father was inside!).

The Smiths love their Teslas ;-)
I once worked an event for the Smiths in LA. They and all their extended family are really cool and genuine people in person

Idk if short sellers think this is their best time to position themselves for a fall, but in the history of these intense drops it’s not their time. There’s a good chance the markets and Tesla will rebound in a big way. Maybe this week, possibly next or next month but it’s likely to happen.

Now idk how Q1 will look, but we do have a couple wild cards like China, Premium connectivity, seat heaters, outgoing ships look strong, but I give it 50/50 on profitability. After Q1 I think we drop back in the 600 range, or go past 1000 and never look back. Just depends on cash flow and profitability, but we should have a better idea when we get delivery numbers.

After we get past this sell off though I think it will reshuffle some funds and Tesla could benefit from watching more money move into their name. Investors know Tesla is a solid play right now with so many catalyst for future growth and coming off a $2.3 billion raise Tesla is playing this sketchy time in the markets beautifully.

Seeking "Warrants for Dummies" advice...

I plan to holding my shares long-term, but thinking of using a (very) little spare cash on some warrants.

I can use Degiro in Europe for warrants (closest thing to options here I believe), and have been trying to figure out how they work.

I have taken screen shots of one example warrant, attached below, and wonder if anyone would have the time to explain it in super simple terms (ELI5!) for me. For example, I can't seem to see any expiry date on these.

They also offer ISIN DE000VE2BXM9 at €196, DE000VE3FCW1 at €57.70, DE000VE3FEP1 at €23.10, and this one DE000VE3FJD6 at €3.925

Thanks!

Warrants 5.PNG Warrants 4.PNG Warrants 3.PNG Warrants 2.PNG Warrants 1.PNG