Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
need to close above 445 for me to be optimistic for monday

Prepare to be disappointed then lol. Macro's in a obvious downtrend that looks like it'll accelerate in these last 15 mins. Pretty unrealistic to have Tesla gain during that time another 1.5% gain.

Edit: Yup it's accelerating now. I actually view an acceleration on the downside into close a positive.....means fear/panic setting in for the weekend which in turn means expectations for worse news is baking itself in and more chance for positive relief news.

Last edited:
Prepare to be disappointed then lol. Macro's in a obvious downtrend that looks like it'll accelerate in these last 15 mins. Pretty unrealistic to have Tesla gain during that time another 1.5% gain.

Edit: Yup it's accelerating now. I actually view an acceleration on the downside into close a positive.....means fear/panic setting in for the weekend which in turn means expectations for worse news is baking itself in and more chance for positive relief news.

SPX broke 2300... down 3%... but TSLA holding up pretty well...
And UBER also up 3.90% go figure...
ILMN which I am eyeing on is also doing well at 8%. But I rather buy into CRSP.

Now I will just be okay if TSLA ends the day in the green at 428.

I'm a distinctly amateur newcomer to investment and this thread - I have picked up many bits and pieces of info along the way...
including now, following a small inheritance, the courage to buy $12k worth of TSLA stock - ( $6,000 at $720 early Feb, and $6000 at $350 yesterday, approx figures)

I am intrigued as to whether those famous short sellers have cashed in and are crowing following the fall to $350 - I'd like to think that my buy at that price was a good move - but how does this virus-induced temporary big dip, (I am sure it is temporary) affect those who had/have short positions?

I'd like to know because I would quite like to find out that they have still lost -
I want them to lose, Oh yes,
Due to moving money I missed my chance at $350 this time around. I expect that will be a very good buy, even in the nearish term.

Greg Kable on Twitter

And so it begins ... "Daimler in danger" "Fear of a hostile Chinese takeover" Germany's Manager Magazin says insitutional Chinese shareholders are already upping their stake in
@MercedesBenz
parent
@Daimler
I am sure the world would be happy to know that Chinese investors are exploiting the virus that originated in their country - if this report is true - or perhaps it is just paranoia and fear-mongering.

upload_2020-3-20_13-47-25.png

China

I am sure the world would be happy to know that Chinese investors are exploiting the virus that originated in their country - if this report is true - or perhaps it is just paranoia and fear-mongering.
If China can get back on track faster than the West, then that sort of thing is very likely. Shouldn't be a surprise to us really. We have all been musing about the high debt levels of legacy autos and expecting them to fail during the EV transition. This macro event might wind up being a huge gift to Tesla.

I'm a distinctly amateur newcomer to investment and this thread - I have picked up many bits and pieces of info along the way...
including now, following a small inheritance, the courage to buy $12k worth of TSLA stock - ( $6,000 at $720 early Feb, and $6000 at $350 yesterday, approx figures)

I am intrigued as to whether those famous short sellers have cashed in and are crowing following the fall to $350 - I'd like to think that my buy at that price was a good move - but how does this virus-induced temporary big dip, (I am sure it is temporary) affect those who had/have short positions?

I'd like to know because I would quite like to find out that they have still lost -
I want them to lose, Oh yes,

Not all shorts are malicious.
I shorted the general market by Buying 3x Short ETF funds and also by buying puts on several country ETF that I believe will be hard hit. These are short term protections against stock market crashso high leverage is desired.

But ya as for position sizing. I reduced the 3x general market short by 50% today due to the uncertainty about market remaining open or not. Country specific ETF I remain a commited short with options. Reason being that these options were purchased before the premiums went bonkers.

$350 is a good price. I hope you have several tranches. So far I have only deployed 40% of my cash to bet on bull market and these bets are on assets that should thrive in this environment but were wrongly sold by hedge funds (due to margin call from their 10x leverage). We are now going through the second wave of the market turmoil and I have already set conditions for future deployments of cash at SPX 2100 and again when SPX is 50% off from the top. Another condition should be Warren buffet start commiting the majority of his $128 billion cash hoard. So far he only committed 40 mil. And finally, another tranch ne year from now as well as two years from now.

If China can get back on track faster than the West, then that sort of thing is very likely. Shouldn't be a surprise to us really. We have all been musing about the high debt levels of legacy autos and expecting them to fail during the EV transition. This macro event might wind up being a huge gift to Tesla.
Except, we don't want them to fail, we want them to produce stellar BEV's. Competition is good and also Tesla cannot produce all of the cars for the world.

Any company that offers products that make people more self sufficient (energy, food etc.) will make a killing in the next few years.

The engineer was finally here yesterday to look over the location for my 3 Powerwalls and Gateway. It can't come fast enough for my wife. She has me installing more deadbolts, cameras, anti-jimmy devices, and other security devices, like she is expecting the Zombie horde to attack tomorrow. A 12 foot wall, alligator moat (we are in Florida) and machine gun turrets are next.