Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, since you don't even want to acknowledge that it's a different world, at least for the next year or so, I don't think we're gonna agree.

Things will never be more like they are right now ever again. ;)

You seem awfully worried about negative publicity considering that any manufacturer looking to do a major new production facility would do exactly the same thing. Specifically, choose the location based on where it made the most economic sense. Yes, incentives are always offered. Why should Tesla be treated any differently or turn them down?

To avoid negative news stories? :rolleyes:

Actually it does. Tesla is the buyer and it transfers to them. Then they have the choice if to leave it with the car, or to remove it and reduce the value of the car.

I don't think you're following me. If I have a 3, and my friend has a 3, and they're substantially the same other than mine has FSD and his does not, Tesla will offer us both about the amount on trade. I will receive very little resale value for having FSD. I agree with you that it shouldn't be this way, but it is. I've received actual offers from Tesla and seen others nearby that show this to be the case.

Not if you sell it to Tesla, it doesn't.

I mean, great? I've worked with Tesla directly and with others in the Denver area who have quoted out similar cars with and without FSD, so I know what i'm talking about. It is a fact that FSD does not add significant resale value when trading in, whether you toss a disagree or not. ;)

On the private market, the situation could be different.

If you're not trying to get full market value for your car then you likely don't care. A lot of stuff goes over-looked in the wholesale markets. They make their money on volume and ignore the details. But if you know what you have and want to sell it for fair market value, you are not going to be selling your car to volume liquidators anyway.

Reactions: UCF3
You are allowed to use common sense here. Anyone who can drive your car obviously gets it. We are talking about resale here. Didn’t think that would need to be stated....

But that isn't what you wrote:

I don’t understand you’re point here. I’m saying the license belongs to an individual and to them alone, not tied to the car (i.e. cannot be sold or transferred to someone else).

Then you are saying the license is linked to the car, not a person. So if the person owning the car dies, the license disappears from the car even though the car still stays in the household? (How does that work when three people own the car?)

Last edited:
Not so fast! We (bulls) have been warned that we are going to be very sorry very soon...
Why Tesla Stock Bulls Are About to Get Absolutely Wrecked

ps: if you don't want to waste your time reading the hit-piece: it says Tesla is not a tech company, should be valued as any other car company and therefore it is fundamentally overpriced.
Just in case anyone hadn't noticed, that article is on CCN (Crypto Coin News), not CNN. They are interestingly noted as relatively fact based but right-wing opinionated.
CCN Markets - Media Bias/Fact Check

I have 2/3 rds of the cash back into TSLA. This is a lot of money...

The other 1/3 is waiting... Exactly because of COVID issues, you are correct!

There is no illusion or hypocrisy here. It's all an open book. I take COVID issues seriously until there is a clear improvement.

That people think everything is just gonna open up in a week in California is laughable (hopefully Fremont will open) and to get mad at California if it doesn't is a joke. If you pay attention to COVID trends, this would not be surprising.

Elon liking a tweet intimating NY Covid deaths are fake because Japan has much less is... pathetic.

Ok, I’ll play.

What exactly do you think you’re going to be able to do to save your money (in any form) if the virus

a) kills a significant portion of working age humans? Which hasn’t happened and clearly won’t happen, it’s just not that kind of virus.

b) causes repeated ‘waves’ of illness in the population? Which seems likely.

c) causes continued and/or repeated economic shutdowns? Possible but currently unknown.

d) causes healthcare system in developed countries to crash and burn? Up for debate if that’s happened. Certainly specific states/countries have been seriously stressed, others not so much to this point.

Answer: Not a damn thing. It’s out of your control. It’s going to play out however it plays out. And like every other major crisis to hit humanity, life will go on in some form, often better for the crisis.

You thinking having cash in hand is somehow going to protect you from economic upheaval is misguided at best.

Throwing shade at people who think people like you are over the top with their ‘this is an omg serious stance’ is weak sauce.

Only people trapped in idiocy and ignorance are unaware of what’s happening in the world. On the hand, people trapped in a constant state of stress and panic repeatedly telling everyone from their pulpit how omg this is more serious than you even know, gird your loins!! is not helpful and actually counterproductive.

This is how it’s going to work, we’re all eventually getting exposed or a vaccine of some level of efficiency will become available after a chunk of the population has already been exposed.

It’s that simple.

If you think the result of stay at home orders and certain industry/company trials results in a recession then act accordingly, but cease with the melodrama or go back over to the Covid thread to commiserate with them.

OMG. Is there not a "I've had a good idea about how Tesla should sell FSD" thread.

Omg is there not a thread for people who want to post a giant pile of nothing to complain about others?

It’s hourly.

“Go post this here”

“Go post that there”

“OMG it’s annoying”

YOURE THE ANNOYING ONE INFLATING THE POST WITH WHINES.

This post you’ve made and similar that inflate the forum do exactly 0. At least the others are topical. FFS Karen.

It’s a round table.

If you don’t like it move the F on.

Mods will mod. They can ban me for this message. Idgaf. This whining is so extreme.

There are almost as many “go post this there” messages as there are borderline “off-topic” messages for a round table. At least they’re topical.

This is a round table. It’s general subject. I’m sorry you don’t like <insert subject here>. Jesus

Every time you all post “go post this there” you’re amplifying what you do not like times 2 AND providing 0 content.

Edit: if I’m off-base the aggregate disagrees will make me reconsider. If you don’t like this post please click disagree to let me know I should reconsider. Sorry if I’ve offended. Thanks.

Last edited:
Omg is there not a thread for people who want to post a giant pile of nothing to complain about others?

It’s hourly.

“Go post this here”

“Go post that there”

“OMG it’s annoying”

YOURE THE ANNOYING ONE INFLATING THE POST WITH WHINES.

This post you’ve made and similar that inflate the forum do exactly 0. At least the others are topical. FFS Karen.

It’s a round table.

If you don’t like it move the F on.

Mods will mod. They can ban me for this message. Idgaf. This whining is so extreme.
Sorry Ben, I see you as one of the good guys on here. Didn't mean to offend. It just spread into reams of stuff I was trying to scroll past only to find more and more. It's easy to over-react. Peace man.

Sorry Ben, I see you as one of the good guys on here. Didn't mean to offend. It just spread into reams of stuff I was trying to scroll past only to find more and more. It's easy to over-react. Peace man.

Sorry. Truly. Not personal friend. It’s the sum of a lot not the instance. No harm meant.

Edit: I’m leaving my message up in protest to mods, not to specifically reflect you.

I welcome the ban if I’ve crossed the line, but if not id like us to make the round table slightly more open where topical conversation can turn into a multi-person semi-off-track dialog. I find benefit in hearing the opinions of others and find it easy to skip through the ~8 pages a trading day without feeling “spammed”.

I also feel a lot of users are telling others to “go post there”, and I’m kinda not liking that result so I’m voting in a non-democracy.

I took my trading specific stuff out happily. But if new user joe wants to chime in on FSD pricing (in this specific instance but consider a general case), I personally believe the round table is the place.

It’s a place that new user can have immediate dialog and be welcomed, their opinion considered if quality. i like the train wreck we have here (during trading hours when topical, and personally I like anything after hours).

If I’m wrong I’ll accept and be humble and respectful.

Sorry friend for being a jerk.

It’s been months of people telling people where to go talk and I personally want to vote to draw the line.

I’m sorry, you’re good people, I just have been fed up about this for awhile. Heart emoji.

This is truly a result of a long period of me being annoyed, and I’ve always respected you.

Last edited:
Even adjusting for inflation, global GDP has more than doubled since 1990.
Europe's share is more than half of what it was in 1990.

Stagnating, perhaps, but not steep decline.

Chained GDP per capita in most European countries is only barely above where it was in 2007. Italy is below where it was n 1998. Italy really seems to want to follow Argentina's footsteps and become an "undeveloping" country.

With Europe taking the biggest hit from COVID so far, many European countries may be totally unchanged for this century even by 2030.

To me it makes a lot more sense for Tesla to tie the ownership of the FSD license to the owner and not the car. It provides an incentive for a Tesla owner to stay with Tesla for any new car they buy going forward as they’ve invested thousands of dollars that they would lose by switching brands (since its not tied to the value of the car). When Tesla then sells the used car, they can sell a license to the new owner (probably at a higher price if it’s gone up again), which will in turn incentivize them to stay with Tesla.

I would like to have the FSD stay with the owner while owning a Tesla. Have it transfer to a new Tesla if same owner. If owner does not buy a new Tesla and does not own a Tesla for 6 months, they lose the license. When selling, new owner does NOT get the FSD license.

This would incentivize people to stick with Tesla and in upgrading.

It’s true that we would lose the cost of FSD when selling and not buying new, but oh well. Many people trade in or sell to dealerships anyway.

Tesla would make a killing with this. I know I’d be more apt to upgrade. And Tesla gets the full FSD cost from each person at one point.

Or just switch everyone to FSD SaaS Model at some point.