Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How come there's no FUD here today? No hard selling the sell story... unusual?

Scary thought... Let it ride higher so the slam shakes some of these die hard investors, like a wrestler lifting their opponent overhead?
So everyone remember what happened here. Price bid up thru the day, closes near day's high. Then immediately after close, someone sells a ton before results are even out.

Manipulation. Don't be a fool, be a long :).
Wow, I predicted this was a potential strategy to trigger selling.
Could be a test too.My heart skipped.

Ok Folks, lets focus on the money part.
Anyone investing/betting specifically on ER - post so before the ER is released.

My bets:
  • Did not buy any stock, as I already own all the stock I want to HODL. As I have said before, this does not stop me from playing the options game.
  • Call options purchased yesterday when stock was ~ 780. These were expensive. Not listing specific prices, but since they were bought yesterday when stock was around 780, you can guess how expensive.
    • May 15 @ 795
    • May 22 @ 850
    • May 22 @ 940
    • May 29 @ 850
    • June 19 @800
    • Lottery ticket May 15 @ 1260 (this strike price is 3 X 420 :p)
  • Expiration dates are much later than ER since in my experience, TSLA always takes atleast a week to get to highest prices after ER. Also gives some time to recover if the ER is bad and stock takes a crash
  • I understand I may lose all of this after today, but it is OK. I am spending some of my gains from the previous round of call options.

Good wishes to everyone waiting for the ER!!
Isn't that crazy risky? A bad earnings report and you lose it all, no?

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke