Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to ask clarification regarding moderation policy, especially since @KarenRei has now apparently left TMC over this incident:

Nafnlaus on Twitter

"A specific mod. Sent me a threatening PM. Not the first time. The previous time it had been to "preemptively" threatening to punish me for something I hadn't done. In response to a post I wrote about, I kid you not, how deliveries were going in Iceland."

"There's no point in waiting or the next shoe to drop. If you're on a forum and a mod has it out for you, you're in a gunfight armed with a wiffle bat."

"It's a real shame. :( But it's the way it is."​

Why do high value contributors get harrassed via PMs for posting high value comments in the thread marked as "Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable"?

Can anyone here name the single one most important, most discussed topic that "Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World" faces in 2020?

I support moderation policy that keeps politics, bickering and trolling out of this thread, and I supported having coronavirus discussions elsewhere until it wasn't clear whether it would become a pandemic - but now we have new facts the situation has changed. Thread moderation, just like Tesla, should be adaptable and flexible.

It's not @KarenRei's fault that the investment world in general has become the "coronavirus thread" ...

Anyway, I've stopped posting on TMC too, until this gets clarified or the title of this thread gets changed.

Still can't believe stuff hasn't been hammered out and these 2 stalwart posters haven't come back...

U.S. savings rate hits record 33% as coronavirus causes Americans to stockpile cash, curb spending

Ark Invest founder Cathie Wood, who manages $15 billion in assets for clients, said consumers will lead the economy out of this downturn, making up for the months they weren’t able to spend. This theory is consistent with V-shape recovery, where activity returns as fast as it evaporated

What is her opinion of the impact on consumer spending of huge unemployment and reduced total income?

The riots won't hurt the markets.

Everybody is getting what they want. The rioters get to riot, the media gets their story and investors get Trump re-elected.

I'm thinking Monday will be a good day for TSLA shares. Baron, two new gigafactory suitors, SpaceX and Elon being elevated to national hero status.
Baron?

Edit - Thanks @Ameliorate & @Artful Dodger for Ron Baron answer.

Last edited:
German ministry proposes 5 billion euro car bonus scheme: sources

'The economy ministry’s proposal is for purchase premiums to be paid to buyers of electric vehicles and conventionally powered cars worth less than 77,350 euros each, with the scheme expiring at the end of the year, the sources said.

The economy ministry’s plans foresee a basic premium of 2,500 euros per car, which would be topped up by 500 euros for fuel-efficient vehicles. Existing incentive programmes would be increased by 1,500 euros for electric cars and 750 euros for hybrids.'

So for Model 3 that's a 4500 euro purchase incentive on top of current incentives.

The riots won't hurt the markets.

Everybody is getting what they want. The rioters get to riot, the media gets their story and investors get Trump re-elected.

Well, Capt, I'm definitely not getting what I want, JUSTICE for black, brown and red people! Then we can worry about profit.
Insurance companies will be the ones hurting on Monday.
As long as this doesn’t escalate into a miniature civil war then cooler heads will likely prevail as the week goes on. This market hasn’t been shy in jumping on to any catalyst For the market

Seen on Twitter:

915F1C7A-F93D-4F76-BAB7-1336E778087D.jpeg

JPR007 on Twitter

Has anyone else been getting these ads? I would never want this but I have been getting the ad alot, I feel like this is a massive ad for Tesla. "Its a porsche, but with awesome engineering". I feel like many will see that and think, wait, what?

Win a Tesla-Powered 1968 Porsche 911 and $20,000

It promotes Tesla...... to people that visit Tesla related websites, BEV websites, and environmental action related websites.

Mentioning of Tesla on SpaceX launch while showing a Model X exposes a lot of new people to Tesla.....without explaining the benefits nor comparative advantages of Tesla.

The Jay Leno segment on Cybertruck was f'n golden.

It exposes Tesla to a new audience that are not under 25 years old with little disposable income but men over 50 that make over $100k per year.

And explained some of the relative advantages of the Cybertruck.

Here's another video from that guy I never heard of until someone posted a video from him a couple weeks ago saying a $1250 near term target.

I'm listening now but I think his point is $1000 this week.

Wow, okay did anyone here ever speculated what this guy's is saying? This is the first time I am hearing about the possibility of Tesla being too big to fail due to SpaceX being leveraged as the 6th wing of the military.

Reactions: AZRI11

That technology has been invented in Germany as far as I know at least it was tested in Berlin in various places first and already years ago. I found it a feasible and good concept since we have energy everywhere therefore even if slow we could charge everywhere. The installation can happen at normal street lights.

Although it sounds all easy it never made it into an application that was ruled out in Germany.