Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so how exactly does an individual satisfy a peace officer they are traveling for work? Seriously. A statement of, ‘I’m driving to work/from work at Tesla and yes, I’m coming directly from home/going directly home...’ is an honor system kind of thing. No?
Counting down until TESLAQ starts harassing Alameda Sheriff's Office about Tesla employees breaking curfew...

Time to update that table again...

4th Highest Close .....eva :)
upload_2020-6-1_20-5-19.png

After-action Report: Mon, Jun 01, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $880.00
Volume: 15,102,319
Traded: $13,290,104,516.79 ($13.29 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 102.14%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 39.5% (44th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 50.7% (51st Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 2.27% of Short Volume (60th Percentile rank).

Comment: "TSLA back to pre-shutdown levels"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-06-01.png

Last week, Mark Spiegel of Stanphyl Capital told Benzinga there should be no connection between SpaceX an Tesla’s share price.

"Seeing as there's no meaningful financial connection whatsoever between the business of Tesla and the business of SpaceX (other than what Musk might happen to steal from one to the other), there should be no reaction in $TSLA stock regardless of what happens with the launch," Spiegel told Benzinga.

Between the civil unrest and the reckless behavior like pool parties, I will be very surprised if we don't get a major wave of infections again. Not sure how it will affect the economy and TSLA
Hmmm, we let people swim in our pool in groups of 8 this past weekend, I guess we're an incubator. And reckless!

Didn't Jerome state Tesla was aiming for 'reckless' growth a few years back? Maybe he was right!

There are exemptions from the curfew for “peace officers, firefighters, emergency operations personnel, other government employees engaged in authorized emergency operations, members of the National Guard, or any other responding military personnel deployed to the county,” as well as “individuals who can establish to the satisfaction of a peace officer that they are in such place for the sole purpose of traveling to their home or workplace or to obtain medical assistance,” the order said.

Are you sure there isn't an exception for those exercising their First Amendment rights? :confused:

Ok, so how exactly does an individual satisfy a peace officer they are traveling for work? Seriously. A statement of, ‘I’m driving to work/from work at Tesla and yes, I’m coming directly from home/going directly home...’ is an honor system kind of thing. No?

Yes, honor system. If you're white and driving a decent car they take your word. If you're a person of color they will probably demand that you produce some solid evidence or they will drag you out of your car and bark in a commanding voice, "why are you resisting me, do as I say or this is going to get ugly real fast!" :oops:

Didn't Jerome state Tesla was aiming for 'reckless' growth a few years back? Maybe he was right!

I love the idea of "reckless growth". I think Elon recently said (in response to a question that was probably about how Coronavirus might have changed Tesla's growth trajectory) something like "we discussed it and it might be a little risky but we decided to steam ahead full speed". Or something like that.

I'm still not sure I get it. If MAX PAIN is the best outcome for the option sellers why isn't it called NO PAIN? How can it be MAX if the losses grow for them further away?

Or do they have some fetish where making money causes them pain?

Its max pain for both call and put buyers. If group A only buys $800 calls and Group B only buys $700 puts, a price at expiration of $750 means they all expire worthless.

Max Pain comes from the idea of maximum pain for option Sellers Buyers. So as the share price moves away from maximum pain for option sellers buyers (either direction), the amount of money (shares delivered or received) increases from that baseline.

Stock Option Max Pain

That's the site I use for TSLA. The hope pages has blogs and other links to information about max pain theory and details..
FTFY

I love the idea of "reckless growth". I think Elon recently said (in response to a question that was probably about how Coronavirus might have changed Tesla's growth trajectory) something like "we discussed it and it might be a little risky but we decided to steam ahead full speed". Or something like that.

I would be happy with a capital raise after Battery Day, if that meant building factories and battery production faster.

In spite of COVID-19, I still see 2020-2025 as "Peak Opportunity" for Tesla there is a lot of EV market share up for grabs, the early bird gets the worm. The opportunity is big and I think Tesla has matured to the point of being able to execute well enough to take the opportunity.