Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't know you were a Marine. :eek:

Unfortunately, I don't have enough to make a completely covered call. Missing about 1/4th of the shares needed, and far, far to little cash. Also, my tax status is juuuuuuust at over one year for only a tiny handful of my shares, which is also the amount of shares I currently have a sell order for, haha. :p The others I'm waiting for them to mature over that one year mark before I touch them.

Thanks for the recommendation, though. ;)
Good luck. I’m probably a good bit older than most of the forum. Younger then Curt :) and the professor, but I’m working on it. I also bought initial shares under $30.

This would be a perfect time for Elon to take a 5 day vacation. Assuming that's the max he would take without working at all. Head to Nekker Island or something. Or play craps nonstop in Vegas.

Craps would have no draw for Musk. Just dumb. Nekker Island? What does it have to stimulate creative abilities and thoughts? He would probably go crazy looking at beach cabanas and sand.

A man has gotta do what he likes to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: dww12

For those who don't follow Karen on twitter, she was replying to Grimes regarding not promoting one's music at this time. She and others were trying to convince Grimes not to let Elon get politically involved in the current US tragedy. Maybe it helped:

upload_2020-6-1_21-45-22.png

Got this on my YouTube recommendation list:
Not sure whether he is one of us, but he made a very good point.

The key message we can get Jay Leno CyberTruck segment is not about the truck, it’s about the general public’s interest about the truck.

The YouTube clip got 11M views in 4 days!

In comparison CNBC video usually get 10-20k views, even Jay Leno Garage videos usually only get ~500k views.

This CyberTruck video is on track to become the most viewed Jay Leno car video, currently only second the Batmobile from “Dark Knight rise” at 15M.

Oh man!!! Tesla has a huge demand issue they need to address ASAP!!!

Got this on my YouTube recommendation list:
Not sure whether he is one of us, but he made a very good point.

The key message we can get Jay Leno CyberTruck segment is not about the truck, it’s about the general public’s interest about the truck.

In comparison CNBC video usually get 10-20k views, even Jay Leno Garage videos usually only get ~500k views.

This CyberTruck video is on track to become the most viewed Jay Leno car video, currently only second the Batmobile from “Dark Knight rise” at 15M.

Nice 3x rise

Screenshot_20200601_222406_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: capster

I think you are right about the Cybertruck demand issue!

At some point in the future, Tesla is going to let slip how many Cybertruck reservations they already have and it's going to be a monster number. As investors, that's just one more thing to look forward to.

It’s max pain for option owners. The market makers who sell the options have an incentive to maximize pain to buyers. Since they own underlying shares, they have considerable ability to manipulate the market. Once in a while, if the top blows off, they lose that control.

As a seller of covered calls expiring on Friday at 1000, I’m a bit anxious the top is going to blow off this week. With Giga Berlin starting and Shanghai progress, and the image enhancing of the astronauts on all things Elon, this could be a crazy week.

Ha, I sold 5 covered $895's for this Friday... Yes, I understood the risks, and if they do get called away I shall be selling puts until I get them back.

But even closing the week above $900 is not a given at this point, so wait and see...

This would be a perfect time for Elon to take a 5 day vacation. Assuming that's the max he would take without working at all. Head to Nekker Island or something. Or play craps nonstop in Vegas.

The last two times he took a vacation he got infected with malaria, and a rocket blew up. Although he deserves a vacation more than anyone, I'm doubtful that he'll actually take more than a few days off.