Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why can't these people realize that the Elon's pay deal is brilliant
Because they've been playing the man, not the ball, for years and now they're fresh out of ideas.

In happier news, "There's just no comparison between Tesla and Nikola: ARK Invest CEO" | CNBC Television • 63K views • (6:18)

Cheers!

Today saw the new form of 'Tesla stretch'. People are rooting for the climate fighter heroes at Tesla so much as buying their products, upgrades, FSD, even merchandise in order to support them achieve their goal at the end of quarter. Tesla is not just a corporation with financial goals - they're on a mission, and we love them and root for them. Tesla community, I salute you, and I'm proud to be a part of this gang.

Because they've been playing the man, not the ball, for years and now they're fresh out of ideas.

In happier news, "There's just no comparison between Tesla and Nikola: ARK Invest CEO" | CNBC Television • 63K views • (6:18)

Cheers!
I’ll tell you what. If there wasn’t a full-on-insanity stock like TSLA, I’d invest every spare dime into ARK ETFs. Fintech and Genomics are doing VERY well (I only have small positions) and the other ETFs look interesting.

I love it when Uber-intelligent people like Cathie and Tasha share their insights. I cannot believe that some folks prefer to take advise from those... not as smart.

Last edited:
Today's action to me kind of makes me wonder what is going to happen to the Solar City acquisition lawsuit because I am really curious what the shareholders who are pushing this lawsuit think the share price should be or would be if Tesla was not also into solar and batteries? Is 200 Billion just not enough? OF WAIT TSLA could be worth 205 Billion.. oh yah it's all better now.

One articles I read says, "In 2016, Tesla acquired solar panel installer and financier SolarCity for $2.6 billion and the assumption of $3 billion in debt." That does not seem to terribly expensive when you compare it to TSLA's market cap increase in a single day like today.

I can't wait for this case to get started up again.

Solar City shareholder, "Your honor I feel swindled because my Solar City shares that Tesla acquired way back when are only worth 5 times what they were. I feel they should be worth so much more."

Tesla shareholder, "Your honor I feel cheated because my shares of TSLA that I owned when SCTY was purchased are only worth 5 times more. Compared to all other assets on the stock market that is horrible and it should be much higher if Elon had not forced the merger."

Why can't these people realize that the Elon's pay deal is brilliant as it costs Tesla very little (in fact pays them money as he still has to buy shares, albeit at a lower amount than market) and it's the purchasers of his stock when he decides to sell it that will pay his "salary." Talk about pay for performance, it's absolutely brilliant! Tesla is only out the opportunity cost of not selling shares at market rate!

They are urging us to vote against what?

We already voted to approve Elon's pay deal years ago because we knew he only got paid as he reached milestones that would make us all wealthy. It was (and still is) a very good deal for shareholders because it allowed Tesla to minimize dilution while they expand (he was paid nothing for many years).

Basically, Elon was willing, without pay, to shoulder the risk the company would fail. Contrast that to a certain individual associated with NKLA who is about to become fabulously wealthy before they have provided a single product that makes the world a better place.

I don't know who these people are that are trying to drum up shareholder discontent but I can tell you one thing for sure: They don't have the best interests of shareholders (or planet earth) in mind! OK, I lied, two things: It's not gonna work.

31422653-E20D-4848-9A3A-7AD582B5757A.jpeg

Interesting to see Troy’s inventory numbers 32K vs 89K deliveries. There is obviously some science to his delivery estimates so I don’t have any solid data to debate his numbers. I think his production numbers are higher than I would have expected and deliveries lower than expected which can explain the higher than expected inventory numbers.

I just find it interesting that inventory actually went up QoQ. Remember Tesla was showing 8-12 weeks of delivery time for even model 3s for the last 10 days of the quarter. Do we know if Tesla already shipped cars to EU for Q3?

I just find it interesting that inventory actually went up QoQ. Remember Tesla was showing 8-12 weeks of delivery time for even model 3s for the last 10 days of the quarter. Do we know if Tesla already shipped cars to EU for Q3?

Yes, I find that interesting, and IMO where Troy is most likely to be wrong...

Because Q2 is a quarter where it makes strategic sense to sell inventory down to very low levels if possible.,

I think Troy might be right about Chinese inventory growing slightly, I don't expect an inventory growth for North America, Europe, Australia and a few other places, should get down to very low inventory levels.

So overall I would expect a net reduction in inventory..

There is also the issue that the shareholders voted to approve it, did we not? So why is it suddenly a big bad thing that Elon did to us shareholders? (We did it to ourselves.)

And we're damned pleased we did it to ourselves. :D

To elaborate: I'm one of those people who think most CEO's are wildly over-compensated, especially when compared to the workers. But not Elon Musk. He is probably the most visionary CEO in the world today. Steve Jobs was visionary but Elon Musk blows him away. Tesla workers would be unemployed by now if not for Elon Musk (or working in a different industry). Because I can't think of a single other leader that could have steered the ship called "Tesla" to profitability as Elon has done. It was like threading a needle - lot's of opportunities to mess it up and only a narrow path to build the business and make it all work. He had his hand in almost everything from product specs and design (and selecting the lead designer and lead engineers) to financing, publicity, manufacturing, legal, everything.

Basically, Elon Musk is one of the few CEO's who is actually worth his compensation. Because the business wouldn't even exist without him. How many other CEO's can make that claim? And Milton doesn't count for obvious reasons...;)

After-action Report: Tue, Jun 30, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA exits 2020Q2 in style with a new ATH"

Traded: $17,481,983,613.87 ($17.48 B)
Volume: 16,541,223
VWAP: $1,056.87

Closing SP / VWAP: 102.19%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = 200.278B / 172.611B = 116.03%​

'Short' Report:

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 55.8% (52nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 54.1% (54th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 1.17% of Short Volume (51st Percentile rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-06-30.png

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!