Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently staying in Kuala Lumpur actually, but I lived in SG for a year before, not too far from Siglap Hill in Paya Lebar.

Singapore is where I want to settle down and live long term. I recently interviewed with INSEAD to get into their MBA program, and should hear the final outcome by the end of the month at the latest.

That INSEAD MBA would start in January 2021 in Singapore, and their campus is located in the one-north district.

I have limited knowledge about what SG was like in the 80's (although I'd love to go back in time and see it!), but I think it's great these days. Safe, beautiful, clean, modern, good economy and governance, friendly people & culture. Just simply an amazing place to live! And it has no capital gains tax, which is a very nice bonus that I reckon will come in handy in the future.

SG In the 80's was my childhood years....time spent at Singapore and Changi swimming club. It was and still is a great place to live. Don't get me wrong, i love it here in the US and probably would not have had the means to invest in Tesla if i was still living in Singapore. Too much competition there :)

Good luck on your acceptance into the program! I used to work for Oakwood, until a Singaporean company named Mapletree purchased it in 2017, and i left in 2018.

CHEERS LAH!!

• Love
Reactions: FrankSG
Today's action to me kind of makes me wonder what is going to happen to the Solar City acquisition lawsuit because I am really curious what the shareholders who are pushing this lawsuit think the share price should be or would be if Tesla was not also into solar and batteries? Is 200 Billion just not enough? OF WAIT TSLA could be worth 205 Billion.. oh yah it's all better now.

One articles I read says, "In 2016, Tesla acquired solar panel installer and financier SolarCity for $2.6 billion and the assumption of $3 billion in debt." That does not seem to terribly expensive when you compare it to TSLA's market cap increase in a single day like today.

I can't wait for this case to get started up again.

Solar City shareholder, "Your honor I feel swindled because my Solar City shares that Tesla acquired way back when are only worth 5 times what they were. I feel they should be worth so much more."

Tesla shareholder, "Your honor I feel cheated because my shares of TSLA that I owned when SCTY was purchased are only worth 5 times more. Compared to all other assets on the stock market that is horrible and it should be much higher if Elon had not forced the merger."

AHAHAHAHA! My SCTY shares converted to TSLA shares and I made money on SCTY shares themselves, then a bit more on the conversion because of the buyout price and now again as TSLA shares.

SCTY, the shares that just keep on giving.

Guys? guys? GUYS!?
can someone explain to me why I can't shake how fragile today's SP is? It looks like the MM's have a plan, and still have the power to make TSLA dance to the tune they choose. It looks like they sat back and let the stock go up to $1080, and then stepped in and kept it there for quite a long while. And it looked easy.
So what is their plan for the week? I ain't happy when I see what they can do and did.

Never forget, this can happen at any time. The MMs have the power to make this happen, and it’s not as if the SEC is going to do anything about it.

884BA208-54D1-4C41-B515-D636971BB7C0.jpeg
Guys? guys? GUYS!?
can someone explain to me why I can't shake how fragile today's SP is? It looks like the MM's have a plan, and still have the power to make TSLA dance to the tune they choose. It looks like they sat back and let the stock go up to $1080, and then stepped in and kept it there for quite a long while. And it looked easy.
So what is their plan for the week? I ain't happy when I see what they can do and did.

Guys? guys? GUYS!?
TSLA has always traded on sentiment and probably always will at this sort of valuation. Sentiment is inherently fragile. But if you sell, then you have only yourself to blame afterwards. This train might fly off the tracks and crash in fiery wrecks from time to time but then you just hit the Reset button and try again. No matter how many times this train crashes, all you can do is Live, Die, Repeat until you've found the right solution.

Here's to another 10 years of crashing trains until we arrive at the $10k a Share station.

:rolleyes:
I came here hoping to see what PappaFox figured out about the quick rise to $1080, and then it being held in that zone through MM manipulation....

@Papafox lives in Hawaii and typically posts late at night from there. Also, we try not to post too much in his thread to avoid making it too long and cluttered. If you post in this thread tagging him in your post he is very good about replying.

Edit: that being said, I have already checked his thread twice today to see if he has posted yet

@Papafox lives in Hawaii and typically posts late at night from there. Also, we try not to post too much in his thread to avoid making it too long and cluttered. If you post in this thread tagging him in your post he is very good about replying.

Pedaling as fast as I can go, @EV forever. Hopefully, not more than another half hour.

Sold all my short term options at the end of the day. Still holding intermediate options. Long term common share position will only be added to over time.

Have no idea if I am correct, but I figured I had to do something. So much time value in the short term options. These past two days... were so great.

Macros obviously goosed tremendously for EOQ. Hangover should be in effect. Would think TSLA not immune after doubling in three months. But honestly, where I have made my money in TSLA is in the shares I never sold, so probably not the guy to listen to.

Looking for dips to play some more. Congrats to all Longs!

Guys? guys? GUYS!?

The wisdom of many with significant experience on this thread promotes the idea of being long and HODL. My natural inclination is to try and out-think the market and the MMs and sell at the high and buy more shares at the low. I have tried this approach and the results have been inconsistent. Instead of accumulating more shares through the arbitrage, I either lost shares or stayed even in the long run. At the same time I realized taxable gains in one of my accounts that is non-qualified. Once I realized my true long term goal was accumulated wealth, not incremental realized gains, I finally gave in to the idea of long and HODL. More shares are added through dry powder or funding through selling something of value with less potential future growth. Winning the arbitrage game for accumulation of shares is possible, but there are so many variables and forces beyond our control - it can drive you crazy at best and, in my experience, does not work so well. Maybe ok in low end day trading, but that’s a different story with a different goal. Thanks to all the knowledgeable and helpful people with tremendous experience on this thread who are willing to share.

Last edited:
My neighbor had a Model 3 and a BMW X5.
At 4 this afternoon they came home with a Y they had just picked up.
This is the second house on the block to be completely Tesla (including solar).

In early 2013 I had to give myself 15 minutes extra getting into and out of my vehicle when at a parking lot. People had questions about this new vehicle, who made it, and what the gas mileage was :). There was always a small crowd when I returned to my car. Everybody got a tour of the vehicle. How times have changed ;).

Edit: for improved clarity

Last edited:
The wisdom of many with significant experience on this thread promote the idea of being long and HODL. My natural inclination is to try and out-think the market and the MMs and sell at the high and buy more shares at the low. I have tried this approach and the results have been inconsistent. Instead of accumulating more shares through the arbitrage, I either lost shares or stayed even in the long run. At the same time I realized taxable gains in one of my accounts that is non-qualified. Once I realized my true long term goal was accumulated wealth, not incremental realized gains, I finally gave in to the idea of long and HODL. More shares are added through dry powder or funding through selling something of value with less potential future growth. Winning the arbitrage game for accumulation of shares is possible, but there are so many variables and forces beyond our control - it can drive you crazy at best and, in my experience, does not work so well. Maybe ok in low end day trading, but that’s a different story with a different goal. Thanks to all the knowledgeable and helpful people with tremendous experience on this thread who are willing to share.
I agree....though tempting to sell at these prices...i just ask myself 'what am i gonna buy to replace TSLA in my portfolio?' The answer is easy....there is no stock that has the growth potential of TSLA period! Highs and lows will be experienced, but 'IN ELON WE TRUST!"