Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright. Open interest is in for today tallying up what went on yesterday. It looks like the 1050 strike Calls pretty much remain the same (big interest yesterday but then bailed on) but 1100 is the line in the sand. I think this line gets smoked if the delivery numbers come out this evening. THEY are betting on Thursday night.

There are now almost as many PUTs at 1050 as CALLS so they are neutralizing that strike. That does not mean they will not try to push it below. It just means it can fall on either side.

The 1070 CALL strike has grown to over 2000.

Today the MAX pain will be move up even more and considerable.

Wed open nterest.png

I only actively trade in my tax free account. I move from call options (leaps) to actual shares and back. Today I swapped all my calls for shares. If TSLA were to have a significant pullback, let’s say 700’s I would move to call options again. This has worked relatively well for me. However, last year I ended up on the wrong side with call options expiring Jan ‘20 so deep under water I couldn’t get myself to sell them, so I did nothing. I was saved by the bell when December came and all of a sudden deep under water became in the money!

Which kind of tax free trading account do you have? I have a Roth IRA holding 100% TSLA, but don't trade in it.

I live in the U.S. Thanks in advance.

Alright. Open interest is in for today tallying up what went on yesterday. It looks like the 1050 strike Calls pretty much remain the same (big interest yesterday but then bailed on) but 1100 is the line in the sand. I think this line gets smoked if the delivery numbers come out this evening. THEY are betting on Thursday night.

There are now almost as many PUTs at 1050 as CALLS so they are neutralizing that strike. That does not mean they will not try to push it below. It just means it can fall on either side.

The 1070 CALL strike has grown to over 2000.

Today the MAX pain will be move up even more and considerable.

View attachment 559027

Rob Maurer thinks that if the numbers are good they will come out premarket on Thursday

Screenshot_20200701-083331.png

My 2 Cents on stock split.

Tesla is very popular among young people. Lower price per share allows more people to own a part of the most world changing company around.

Elon has stated many times his support for the "little guy" a stock split allows more small investors in.

At some point (maybe already at the current price) A lot of regular people are left out.

Buy the car buy the stock becomes harder the higher it goes....and it's going higher for sure.

So I am in favor of a healthy stock split.

Indeed.

10:1 seems like a good easy split.

I have no spare cash for shares, which is why I sell covered calls to buy more. As long as you pick "safe" strikes and the moment to do it, it's OK.

Russian roulette is O.K. also - as long as you pick "safe" times to pull the trigger. If you have a bad feeling, just spin the chamber again! ;)

Looking back through 2015, Tesla has never released the numbers the first day after quarter's end. Seems far more likely to be sometime tomorrow.
Sure, but market wise, tonight is the same as tomorrow morning.

In other news: Musk is personally providing $100 million of indemnification coverage for the board and officers on an interim basis, instead of Tesla.
90 days for $972,361 with back adjustment based on Market Quotes.

https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/1101eec3-5642-444c-96e7-5344fccc4fb8
On June 24, 2020, Tesla, Inc. (“Tesla”) entered into an Indemnification Agreement (the “Indemnification Agreement”) with Elon Musk, Tesla’s Chief Executive Officer, for an interim term of 90 days (the “Bridge Term”). During the Bridge Term, Tesla is resuming its annual evaluation of all available options for providing directors’ and officers’ indemnity coverage, which it had suspended during the height of shelter-in-place requirements related to the COVID-19 pandemic. As part of such process, Tesla intends to obtain a binding market quote for a directors’ and officers’ liability insurance policy with an aggregate coverage limit of $100 million (the “Market Quote”), which Tesla will weigh in selecting an indemnity coverage option for a customary term following the end of the Bridge Term.

The Indemnification Agreement provides that Mr. Musk will provide, from his personal funds, directors’ and officers’ indemnity coverage to Tesladuring the Bridge Term in the event such coverage is not indemnifiable by Tesla, up to a total of $100 million. In return, Tesla will pay Mr. Musk a one-time fee of $972,361. Tesla will also exercise reasonable best efforts to obtain the Market Quote, and will pay an additional amount to Mr. Musk to reconcile the one-time fee to be equal to the market-based premium for the Market Quote as prorated for 90 days and further discounted by 50%, if the latter amount is greater. The Indemnification Agreement is also subject to certain terms and conditions that are customary of indemnification agreements with corporate directors and officers