Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't have to look far to find the source of the Grey Lady's enmity toward Elon Musk and Tesla:

"Early today, Tesla CEO Elon Musk posted a lengthy written response to a negative report by the New York Times on its Model S electric sedan, accusing reporter John Broder of intentionally sabotaging his test drive due to a bias against electric vehicles." ▬ Feb 14, 2013
New York Times reporter refutes Tesla's allegations but 'cannot account' for some discrepancies in data

And negative stories about Elon or Tesla from the NY Times are almost always from John Broder (the reporter who faked the original story falsing claiming the Model S ran out of power, when he failed to charge it overight)

"In 2012, the New York Times published an account of a road trip in the then-new Model S that writer John M. Broder chose to turn into a turd-in-the-punchbowl story, claiming that his Tesla ran out of juice and left him stranded in the snow." ▬ Sep 27, 2019​

Is The New York Times Clueless About Tesla? | CleanTechnica › 2019/09/27

Their history with Tesla is yellow journalism at its worst. The New York Times is part of the problem. I do not support them.

Cheers!

Of course it’s not just the NYT. It kills me to be so pessimistic about journalism these days.

Eventually, out of the ashes, a new kind of journalism will emerge. Perhaps global nonprofits dedicated to impartiality, and courageous reporting that bucks the Twittersphere trends.

Until then, forums like this are essential to disseminate helpful information.

Just called my brokerage requesting they ask the Chicago Board Options Exchange to offer a 17 JUN 2022 $2,500 strike option (sort of a lower-price class of option, if you will) . They said to check the option chain Monday to see if that happened. I figure this will make it easier for somebody of modest means to buy a later-expiring LEAP.

Coincidentally, while I was on hold I saw that they just added a $2,100 strike option for that expiration. I'm not keen on the stock split, though I really love the idea of making it easier for the little guy - a poorer investor class - to invest...

Ah, but there I go, dragging class into it again.

So with market cap now past both $150bn and $200bn mark, how far is Elon to get additional two tranches?

It isn't about the instantaneous market cap, but about the 6-month and 1-month average market cap. @KarenRei had created a spreadsheet that tracked how many days it would take at a given stock price to achieve the necessary averages, but I'm not sure where that is. (And I think it was aimed at the first trance which is already done.)

So probably soon. ;)

True;

However, Overlord Musk as started a "side project" into the mapping of DNA code for the virus. If nothing else, it'll give him a better understanding of the disease, and he is always about the facts of things. He'll drop something quickly if his data shows something different.

Hull, however, doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes.

I often wondered what reality must be like for ppl who can't do math.
Things become true when some authoritative figures says it and there's no way to verify it from numbers. Or the enormity of something is a fluid concept like that tribe who doesn't have numbers in their language that go past 5 or 10. Or if blue doesn't exist in the language, you can't see the sky.

Yeah, stumbling on to this thread shortly after buying my 3 last spring is the best thing that's ever happened to me financially. Reading through this thread has taught me what Tesla really is, whereas prior to TMC I just thought Tesla was an auto company. I also learned from you guys/gals how news headlines wildly skew Tesla's reality as a company--most of the media is wildly off on their analyses of what the company is doing and where it's heading.

Honestly, thanks to you all I can in all seriousness start semi-retiring this year at age 41, even with a major market drop.
Similar story here. First the car 12/18, then TMC 3/19, then this thread 4/19, then first TSLA 5/19 (I know, dumb luck timing), continuous TSLA buys through this week. Feel good about retiring a second time (in about a year), with lifetime vacations secured.