Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She quickly blocks anyone who even slightly questions her. Definitely living in a glass house.

she’s trash. these people are completely full of sugar.
they cast their opinion as fact to smear everyone, yet when you question them they hide behind the delete/block button

they have no intention of reporting the facts or truth

it’s abysmal what we have become

OT: Even better. If you have 25x annual expenses up front, put the fund to a safe 4% return investment (very achievable) right before you quit your job, and it will last perpetually ...

Yeah I know of the 4% withdrawal rule. Thanks

I agree, hate to have all this money locked up until you are 59 to enjoy it. However, since the gains are this substantial, it's best to not get taxed. Not looking forward to paying 1 mil in tax if I ever cash out Tesla when it's 5k/share.

There is ways to access your money early and penalty free at possibly a lower tax rate after you stop working. You just do small conversion every year to cover your yearly expenses or whatever you desire:

Screenshot_20200705-220151.png

I'm thinking you haven't seen many belly buttons in your life? ;) 'Cause it looks pretty typical to me.

These shorts are going to either make Tesla a lot of profit or else they will become very collectible and appreciate more than the stock! :D
I tried again to order them since Some of our international members have been able to order them...the site worked well...AND INFORMED THAT ALL OF THE PRODUCT WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE... I did hit the tab to be notified when they are available....

Can someone tell me if I am losing my mind here?

I am considering taking out a personal loan with an APR of 3-5%, and rather than buying Tesla shares monthly (at this price around 1 per month) but instead a year worth in one go and simply pay off the loan instead of buying shares every month?

Mods, for clarity, which of the two question does the rating count for?

EDIT, I rated it a disagree to the 2nd question.

when fat rappers and rail thin meth heads became the vanguards of fashion for the millenials clothing, where form followed function stopped... Real shorts showed how in shape a person actually is.... baggy crap hides all of the issues.
My Father was famous for being like me... as a young teen I'd be riding along with him in the car. We'd both see an obviously beautiful woman in a Micro skirt, and he'd say, "Clothes were invented to hide ugly."
During the same ride he'd see a less than attractive large woman in similarly-styled clothing and say the exact same thing.

I sent an email to "[email protected]":

Sent and signed with my real name and contact details. I'm sure nothing will come of it.

Here’s mine:

This reporter associated with CNBC has spent the weekend on twitter making patently false accusations against Elon Musk. Based on a single photo taken at an Oscar awards after party sponsored by Vanity Fair, which was solely in control of who attended it’s affair, she has asserted that he is in some way associated with Ghislane Maxwell and by implication, Jeffrey Epstein. Outright malice by this CNBC reporter is further demonstrated when the reporter states that his relationship and parenting of a child with 31 year old singer Grimes equates with pedophilia and that somehow the behavior of his estranged father somehow has bearing on his own behavior. The reporter then goes on to solicit further sources from the thread by offering anonymous contact points. The reporter has demonstrated clear malice in the statements by rumor, innuendo and false association. CNBC would be wise to disassociate itself from this sort of torrid and malicious behavior worthy only of the sleaziest tabloid libel and purveyors of this.

Fire Away!
(It’s STILL the batteries, Stupid!)

Great humor in the copy. I love the playful nature of Tesla. And that last line is just brilliant. It's like it was written just for TMC! AND, if we're trying to read tea leaves, is there any clearer indicator that 2Q20 was profitable?!

"Celebrate summer with Tesla Short Shorts. Run like the wind or entertain like Liberace with our red satin and gold trim design. Relax poolside or lounge indoors year-round with our limited-edition Tesla Short Shorts, featuring our signature Tesla logo in front with “S3XY” across the back. Enjoy exceptional comfort from the closing bell."

I found her a bit bipolar when she posted her.
Yeah I remember, I think it was last year when VA was on here and was butting heads with a lot of people here and she eventually was either banned or just quit.
In the heat of the pandemic I was having some friendly back and forth with her on twitter about Corona numbers. She thought the case numbers were going to pretty much disappear very quickly. She had the most optimistic projections of anyone else I'd come across. When one weekend her projections did not hit (was around March maybe), that seemed to be when she disappeared. Then when she came back it really seemed like another person as her writing was quite fresh in my mind as I had conversed with her the day before she went MIA. I've pretty much put her on ignore after her return since she seems to almost have a cynical (towards Tesla) tone like Fred L. She came right out of nowhere and was all "battery day delays mean trouble!"... very strange.

It shows that L and XL sizes are still in stock to me.
I just got an email from Tesla telling me thta the shortz shorts were avaialble...I immediately opened my account...and they did have shorts available..if my wife was a medium or large>
Forgive me. I have been blessed. Only XS fits her...especially something as S3XY as this.... so dang it...

"If the Governments don't put infinite money into the OEMs, there will be OEMs going out of business"

I had the pleasure to have been invited from a former Automotive Executive for hosting an interview and put it online yesterday.

Peter Mertens worked for Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, Volvo, GM, and Jaguar Landrover. A true Veteran who knows and is connected with the whos who in the industry.

Why is that relevant for a Tesla investor? Because he talks a lot about Tesla, Battery Technology, Autonomous driving, and GF Berlin.

I received an interview request from another Automotive Executive and will interview him in 10 days.

Time will tell if that is the beginning of an Automotive Manager Interview series.

10:15 “ (…) at the end it’s gonna be software that matters”
13:49 “There is Mercedes joining forces with Nvidia and guess what, they develop an operating system, okay? Interesting. I mean - very interesting” (Irony)
40:37 (E-tron) “this was a quick reaction on – Gosh, we sort of missed the train”
42:50 “and also a much, much better car than the Tesla X, Model X I think is - that is sub-standard versus the E-tron”
53:33 “We made a mistake in not investing in that technology”
1:02 “somebody has to pay the bills”

If you like my work don't forget to subscribe.

I loved this interview! It offers a really good look at the mindset present within the German automotive industry, and I highly recommend it to anyone who's at all curious to learn more about this.

To @avoigt: I'd love to see more of these if you're able to get in touch with more people within the German auto industry. Perhaps people who are involved with battery strategy or software strategy specifically, if any of them are in a position where they are able to share insights.

One piece of feedback is that you may want to choose a different title next time. To me it only shows:

"My Interview with Peter Mertens former Head R&D a..."

Basically all the important information gets cut off, and many people will not know who Peter Mertens is. Something like:

"Insights into the German auto industry with former board member at Audi, VW, Volvo, and Jaguar, Peter Mertens."

might've been better.

Last edited:
Waitaminute!
Maybe I’m wrong, but I tend to assume the majority of posters here are men. What are you guys going to do with all those short shorts you’re buying???

I mean, everyone has their own style, but I gotta tell you guys, I do NOT want to see any attachments with you modeling your XL S3XY short shorts. Some things cannot be unseen.

cannot_be_unseen.jpg