Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's profit taking. Recovery stocks are still slumping. If there is a rotation, I don't know where the money is going to.

It's obviously all going to SPCE, safest ticker ever:

upload_2020-7-16_8-30-29.png

My Say question:
Can't wait for the Cybertruck but will there be any stainless steel exoskeleton passenger cars in Tesla's future? I never want to buy another car with paint on it.

If you want to vote it up you'll need to scroll down to the questions with one vote haha
Say
My wife can help with that if you let her drive your cars for a week or less.

Anybody notice that loaning the panels is cheaper per month than leasing the panels, even before the federal incentive? LOL

Granted, I guess you're not able to 'cancel at any time with no penalty' if you get a loan, but IMO compared to not having solar, getting a loan is an absolute no-brainer for many people as long as they know they don't plan on relocating any time soon. Cheaper and more stable monthly electricity cost, AND you get paid the federal rebate to do it!

I am under the impression that they want to end the week at 1500, so no need to waste powder on manipulation?

Last week they wanted $1400, look how that ended. Previous week they wanted $1200 and missed by $8.

So whatever they're trying to do, they don't seem very successful.

Just looking at the latest options chart, tbh I don't see a massive benefit from holding it below $1500 or even $1600, with all the puts there too. $1700 would be the line in the sand, I think.

But even more open interest at $2500 than yesterday, plus a lot of $3500 lottery tickets too. So plenty of motivation to bring the price up for some. Oh yes, $2000 strikes too, I don't recall those being there yesterday...

upload_2020-7-16_18-0-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-16_18-0-25.png
    upload_2020-7-16_18-0-25.png
    356.3 KB · Views: 43
Anybody notice that loaning the panels is cheaper per month than leasing the panels, even before the federal incentive? LOL

Granted, I guess you're not able to 'cancel at any time with no penalty' if you get a loan, but IMO compared to not having solar, getting a loan is an absolute no-brainer for many people as long as they know they don't plan on relocating any time soon. Cheaper and more stable monthly electricity cost, AND you get paid the federal rebate to do it!

I've been trying to throw my money at Tesla for some panels for a year now. Still no dice, unfortunately.

I hope they expand their service areas soon.

I've mentioned this before, but I have a friend in the industry who says that a lot of analysts are basically marketers for their firm. Sell and buy recommendations are often just marketing tools to curry favor with companies they want to do business with. A buy recommendation is a way to curry favor with a company that you want to do business with in future, and a sell recommendation is a way to curry favor with their competitors.

For that reason, I don't take most analyst recommendations seriously.

Indeed. It is a highly lucrative capital un-intensive industry. They hire people who have learned stock valuation algorithms in college. The recommendations are essentially telling people what they "should" pay for stocks, rather than predictions of what people "will" be paying for them in a year. They really don't apply to innovative young companies disrupting their industries. And as you suggest, there are often ulterior motives behind a firm's stock recommendations that are related to the firm's marketing needs.

When recommendations go awry, the analysts present their studies to their bosses. If the methodology is standard (or meets marketing needs), they get a pass. Their real or feigned assumption is that the analyst was right but the market is wrong. WRONG! The market is always right, and a good analyst should be attempting to anticipate what it WILL be saying over the coming months, not what it SHOULD be saying. That's not easy, and only a few analysts are somewhat capable. :rolleyes: