Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Open interest is flat so far this week. No one has picked a direction.

Sure the massive bankrupzy puts probably bought a year ago are making it difficult to read but even zo0ming in there isn't much out there.

Interest in Calls only really gets started at a $2000 strike and it's not much.

I am betting $1500 will be neutralized today.

Expectations in general are really high for an excellent ER. Everyone here seems to think a profit is in the bag. If there is a one time expense that cancels that profit even slightly the market will take it badly... I mean NFLX is getting punished mainly for future poor growth projections. Investors seem to hate honesty. On the bright side Elon and team seem to have aces up their sleeves. This will be an interesting week.

TSLA1 MON open interest - Edited.png

Anybody here subscribe to Whitney Tilson's "Empire Financial Research" newsletter? Worth the $50/month? I know he's a big proponent of TaaS, but in his sales pitch video he offers up GOOGL as his "free" stock suggestion (the path to investing in Waymo) to entice viewers to subscribe. The problem is that I don't buy the Waymo approach.

TIA
He has a poor record. Had to shut his hedge fund down.

Sure the massive bankrupzy puts probably bought a year ago are making it difficult to read but even zo0ming in there isn't much out there.

Expectations in general are really high for an excellent ER. Everyone here seems to think a profit is in the bag. If there is a one time expense that cancels that profit even slightly the market will take it badly... I mean NFLX is getting punished mainly for future poor growth projections. Investors seem to hate honesty. On the bright side Elon and team seem to have aces up their sleeves. This will be an interesting week.

View attachment 566634

Three days at $1,500 is gonna bore the hell out of me.

View attachment 566634

Are we sure that spike at the 100 strike is caused by 'bankrupcy puts'? I understood recently that a lot of those worthless (and therefore very cheap) puts are being bought to reduce margin on puts sold at a higher strike.

Looks like Ford is going with Mobileye. Now all the profits for driving assist belong to Intel. This is the headline from CNBC.

Edit: The video goes into timelines of 2025 and cost for system of $15K for price on a premium car. Does Ford make a premium car?

Intel’s Mobileye and Ford sign deal on next-generation driving technology

Last edited:
When He's getting energy may only be half the time.. Therefore there would be a doubling of production systems to meet his production needs. His equipment may only be utilized half the time.
The bulk order with Nel gets the cost of electrolzers down to a reasonable price. Your best return on investment is only to operate when marginally profitable. So yes, close to a 50% load factor may be optimal regardless of the capex. You'll hear plenty of people argue that to get the all in cost per kg hydrogen down you need a high load factor. But all-in cost per kg is not what optimizes the return on investment. There is a sunk cost fallacy that gets people to think that minimizing all-in costs matters when it doesn't. Running electrolyzers only when power is cheap is the only real future for electrolyzers.