Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought into ARKG at the higher end, $38, and it's now at $56.

Bought ARKG last October at $28.xx for a 99.9% gain and
Bought ARKQ last August at $31.xx for a 71.9% gain.

With TSLA gaining steam last year I figured it was only a matter of time before investors started to figure out how smart ARK was in analyzing disruptive tech stocks.

2 ERs ago, an unnamed fool masquerading as an analyst asked about putting Starlink antennas in Teslas.

Ridiculed widely, he attempted to exact his revenge by baiting Elon into a CV rant last ER.

The real question for today is...what will be the AJ effect?
LOL I remember when he said that. I was thinking "WTF" then Elon put him in his little nasty place

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
is the consensus here that a profit is a long shot that would be awesome or that it is likely?
Based on the recent run up TSLA is set to hit a grand slam. Every fund and retail investor bought some on this run and yet analyst are still seeing a low profit where as a couple weeks ago they figured no chance.

Now if they couldn’t put together a profitable quarter then it will be a pretty intense drop, but long term picture is fine.

Earnings beat - 1800 should happen easily.
Earnings loss - 1300 is the likely destination

TD gave up on me ~2 yrs ago. They "Managed" some of my IRA money in a bond fund for a short period, while I managed my TSLA account. It was clear which side was winning so I just drained theirs into cash - all in 1 day. They let me keep the account open in case, but no phone calls since. Not even to see how I'm doing (so obvious). They must have us marked as a waste of time bc the advice probably flows in the opposite direction now.
When I tell Fidelity I was a member of AICPA PFP practice section they leave me alone (until a new person is assigned to my account).

Based on the recent run up TSLA is set to hit a grand slam. Every fund and retail investor bought some on this run and yet analyst are still seeing a low profit where as a couple weeks ago they figured no chance.

Now if they couldn’t put together a profitable quarter then it will be a pretty intense drop, but long term picture is fine.

We are all hoping for an earnings beat....and your target of 1800 is welcomed as we now know its gonna go past that on a beat :)

• Funny
Reactions: LJS22
Edit - put here in Boring Company Investors thread, I won't do any more Boring company posts for a while! Some more added after this post but not after this edit.

Sorry if regarded as off-topic, but The Boring Company has been mentioned a lot and I think it is a key enabler of Tesla and EVs in general. [Now You Know videos show build a tunnel, sell more Teslas]

I'm trying to get a list of securities as proxy for SpaceX that I (UK) and others (USA, EU, RoW) can buy

I've got a list below, but percentages of fund in SpaceX for only a few. It's in a google spreadsheet that I cannot share, but I can post formulas when complete.

I'm hoping someone has already done this or similar work. I want to buy SpaceX - with as high a % of fund as possible in the UK. Any help appreciated.

Funds in spoiler to save space.

Ticker Exchange Manual name Name lookup %SpaceX
_ Space Exploration Technologies Corp _Space Exploration Technologies Corp
BATS: PRNT ARK ETF TR/3D PRTG ETF
NYSEARCA:ARKF ARK ETF TR/FINTECH INNOVATION ETF
BATS:ARKG ARK ETF TR/GENOMIC REVOLUTION
BATS:ARKG ARK ETF TR/GENOMIC REVOLUTION
BATS:ARKQ ARK ETF TR/INDL INNOVATION ETF
BATS:ARKQ ARK ETF TR/INDL INNOVATION ETF
NYSEARCA:ARKK ARK ETF TR/INNOVATION ETF
NYSEARCA:ARKK ARK ETF TR/INNOVATION ETF
BATS:IZRL ARK ETF TR/ISRAEL INNOVATIVE T
NYSEARCA:ARKW ARK ETF TR/WEB X.0 ETF
NYSEARCA:ARKW ARK ETF TR/WEB X.0 ETF
LON:USA Baillie Gifford US Growth Baillie Gifford US Growth Trust PLC
MUTF:BFTUX Baron Fifth Avenue Growth Fund Class R6
MUTF:BFTHX Baron Fifth Avenue Growth Fund Retail Class
MUTF:BFGIX Baron Focused Growth Fund Institutional Shares 3.90%
MUTF:BFGUX Baron Focused Growth Fund R6 Shares
MUTF:BFGFX Baron Focused Growth Fund Retail Shares
MUTF:BPTIX Baron Partners Fund Institutional Shares 4.00%
MUTF:BPTRX Baron Partners Fund Retail Shares 4%
LON:EWI Edinburgh Worldwide (EWI) Edinburgh Worldwide Investment Trust plc
MUTF:FBGRX Fidelity® Blue Chip Growth Fund
MUTF:FCNTX Fidelity® Contrafund® Fund
MUTF:FOCPX Fidelity® OTC Portfolio
LON:SMT Scottish Mortgage (SMT) Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust PLC

Last edited:

Sounds about right.

I'm expecting a beat and profitable, however even if it isn't a beat or is a loss, ultimately the company was shut down for half the quarter....COVID is a pretty good excuse...so while there might be a wild short-term swing, I expect it to be temporary. Bigger thing is guidance...Reaffirming guidance would be great, as the market has uncertainty about demand (as usual) only this time due to COVID.

• Informative
Reactions: Sudre and oldTAVguy
Recommend a little reading, it's not just about drilling faster

FAQ — The Boring Company

Thanks for this, had been a while since I looked and I think there are some key notes about Electric equipment and Vertical Integration that I had not quite appreciated. I forgot that Tesla/SpaceX are masterful at vertically integrating and that is definitely a choke point in Construction right now.

Maybe this just might work...

Sorry, I'm all done talking about this now.

2 ERs ago, an unnamed fool masquerading as an analyst asked about putting Starlink antennas in Teslas.

Ridiculed widely, he attempted to exact his revenge by baiting Elon into a CV rant last ER.

Does anyone have to take AJ's question? I'm sure there are a lot of great questions submitted in say.

Can Tesla just ban that fool...or not take any questions from it...I mean him?

is the consensus here that a profit is a long shot that would be awesome or that it is likely?
I think it's in the bag on just the car delivery data alone. Bake in the FSD and credits, it's a blowout I'm expecting. But then heavy scrutiny and about 69 more stories already written just waiting to publish on why Tesla is overvalued, approximately.

I finally learned what a straddle is, and in this climate you could pretty much guarantee volatility through Sept Battery day and beyond.
I'm still holding my core shares (you're welcome) and riding out the waves as usual. But I expect a positive trendline over coming weeks... And maybe a nice spike soon as this is like WWIII for the oldtimers here. Some will come out O.K., some wounded, some toast. Or a complete sweep to new highs, who knows!

Very Exciting!!!