Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this interesting. Especially since I just added at 1480.

I find it helps to mentally move the decimal point two places. Like a 1:100 stock split if you like.

So you bought at 14.8 and now it's down to 14.4 - no big deal.

4 digit share prices are not so intuitive for my brain. It prefers 2 digits. :p

Thats where the dedication, experience and deep pockets come in. I usually keep increasing my position during the dips. At some point you have to be able to cut your losses though. Have had to a few times but it’s nothing compared to the gains. I think it mostly depends on whether I think the dip has a valid reason. Dips like today with no news and a maxpain of 1485-ish make me increase my position. I guess this answers my first question as it’s mostly experience why i seem to come out on top most of the time. Hard to transfer this conviction to others.

plus500 , like most brokers, has a demo mode so give it a go!
Correct me if I'm wrong... you need ~$145,000 in cash or margin for each put you sell?

mmm... interesting and not totally insane, but a lot of assumptions seem to be too optimistic. Growth will level off to 30, 20% in the future. PE of 30 ? Let‘s be realistic, once TESLA reaches that kind of size PE will be lower. Pods as the mayor way of travelling ? I don‘t think so. But still an interesting video, ARK‘s 20k SP in 2030 makes a lot of sense.

I'm only familiar with ARK's 2024 price targets. They do mention a $15K "Bull" and $22K "Golden Goose" case also for 2024.

Was there something else from them for 2030?

I don't know if this is the FCA CTO, for a fact. However, I have often thought that this CTO agreement covers more than pooling considerations. In particular, I have felt that Fiat could be a good candidate for licensing Tesla's technology for small cars, say under $20K. I am not saying that this is what the addendum to the existing CTO is. Just saying, having a partner in the lower-priced, quasi-commoditized market may not be a bad idea in terms of furthering the mission. JMO.

Hmm @KarenRei and her claim some U.S. company was going to use Tesla drivetrain for their EV truck...if it was true would have to be FCA right?

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and AZRI11
Thats where the dedication, experience and deep pockets come in. I usually keep increasing my position during the dips. At some point you have to be able to cut your losses though. Have had to a few times but it’s nothing compared to the gains. I think it mostly depends on whether I think the dip has a valid reason. Dips like today with no news and a maxpain of 1485-ish make me increase my position. I guess this answers my first question as it’s mostly experience why i seem to come out on top most of the time. Hard to transfer this conviction to others.

plus500 , like most brokers, has a demo mode so give it a go!

This dip right now is a good example of when I usually loose my friends (sounds harsh but I don’t loose their friendship, it’s just their trading-positions ;)) It’s a little deeper then normal and since it’s a margin account you have a tendency to overreach so they get scared and close with a loss.

I find it helps to mentally move the decimal point two places. Like a 1:100 stock split if you like.

So you bought at 14.8 and now it's down to 14.4 - no big deal.

4 digit share prices are not so intuitive for my brain. It prefers 2 digits. :p

True, but the buy was big enough that the subsequent dip would have gotten a whole extra share. Which is a whole Cybertruck in 5-10 years. LOL

Reactions: Christine69420
Looks like Tesla Energy might be making a significant rampup, 100+ job listings for solar roofers:

Tesla hints at serious Solar Roof push with roofers' hiring ramp across the US

upload_2020-8-7_10-5-36.png

I bought a 1500 lotto for next Friday just now, largely out of boredom but also because I'm calling their bluff and don't think they'll be able to drop this below 1440

Edit: They did, guess I'll buy more.
Btw I just noticed the September 25ths are out, those are new to me on Etrade

Ha did exactly the same around 1450 thinking it was going to come right back up with maxpain around 1480.

In cases like this I suspect maxpain for the more exposed MM is lower.

Interesting. $1480 calls for today are $.70 and falling.....perhaps a good buy? If we get the stimulus announcement in 30 minutes, I wouldn't be surprised to see TSLA snap all the way back. Hell, that's probably MM logic in expending so much downward pressure now. Mute the macro "good news" spike.

Everything is down a bit because the idiots in congress can't do their job.
Also, who is buying calls when 1 contract is like $25k? Am I missing something or just much poorer than the rest of you?

Would be open to buying some Nov $1600 calls if the price drops to around $140, but that's a whopping $14k for 1(one!) contract. Can you buy fractional options?
I'm not. I was able to buy a couple 1100 and 1300s for this fall back when we were under 1k. I'd love to add more today but my October 1300 is 27k still. I can't buy more options until SP jumps and I can profit off of these options. o_O But yeah, there are some folks here with deep pockets or at least less of a focus on core shares (or both).

Reactions: TheTalkingMule