Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vistra has received approval from Monterey County to increase the size of its already huge 1.2 GWh/300MW battery storage project to up to a massive 6 GWh/1500 MW. Vistra considering 1,500MW/6,000MWh battery storage complex in California - Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis

One outlet is reporting that Tesla will be supplying the batteries for the project.

If confirmed, Tesla could supply up to 7.1 GWh at Moss Landing--6 GWh for the Vistra project and up to 1.1 GWh for the neighboring project Tesla is building directly for PG&E.

While there are some errors in the article reporting that Tesla will be supplying the batteries and I haven't seen that report confirmed elsewhere, I'm inclined to believe it is likely correct.

Last edited:
I took a fair amount of brow beating from the GF/Wife-to-be when I first put money into TSLA...and then when buying a Tesla lol. The same could be said for my close friends, I urged them to buy at around the $400 mark early last year. Presently, I can happily say she’s seeing the light more and more. Even yesterday, she proudly expressed her happiness in buying another share after selling off some small gain investments held previously. With regards to my friends, I’ll invite them over on a weekend in the near future to my place and they can decide when the night is over cause i definitely won’t be the one that has to go back to work the next day ;)

btw, magic number is 2 million. 5 with all the frills...and a roadster :D

With all this talk about GM doing an EV spin-off, it seems like the special GM task force from 2013 to study Tesla is finally coming up with results... Who remembers this?

General Motors takes a look under Tesla's hood

GM Chief Executive Dan Akerson and Vice Chairman Steve Girsky assembled an internal task force to study Tesla’s playbook, test-drive its best-selling Model S and figure out what lessons might be applied. Dubbed “Team Tesla,” the group included members from product planning, engineering, manufacturing and sales.

Of course Elon made of of it:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/359750424175185920 "Oh yeah, well Tesla will study a plan to study the GM team that's studying Tesla, so there!"

NASDAQ: TSLA
Aug. 18, 4:30 a.m. EDT
Pre-market 1,880.00 +44.36 (2.42%)

Aug. 18, 4:42 a.m. EDT
Pre-market 1,891.50 +55.86 (3.04%)

More volume than yesterday, a few margin calls being covered?

I really don’t know if we can sustain this all the freakin’ way to the old splitterino, it’s crazy!!

And just skip closing in the $1700’s, that would be sweet.

Regarding selling, wifey has found a house she wants for around €1m, which is about what we have in core shares (trading account another €500k with calls and LEAPS), so now the “discussions” begin. I don’t want to sell out so low, I prefer (as said a few weeks back) to get €2m, or more. Plus it would need renovating, so would like several €100k for that

We’ll see, might get there by end next week at this rate...

Thanks for this. Out of curiosity, what’s your thesis on how Boring Company evolves in the future and how it impacts Tesla?

Singuy mentioned it in this thread that boring company is already 10x faster now than their first model:
For those who doesn't follow The Boring Company very closely. Very informative! Didn't know they have already developed a system that can bore 10x faster already!

In time I believe they will be able to lay down a network of tunnels that will exponentially increase the throughput of vehicular traffic within and between cities. a 1.5 hr commute from the valley area of Los Angeles to downtown LA could be reduced to 10 min. This is achievable only with FSD enabled Tesla vehicles.

Once this is achieved the bottom line for Tesla in my mind is simple: purchasing a Tesla is the only option for commuters. In fact I believe this will open up areas of real estate development that previously were "too far" from city centers. This will bridge the gap between affordable housing and job sites.

Another area I see this affecting Tesla is it will result in not just a high capacity Tesla vehicle to transport 8+ passengers, but a semi variant that will fit in the tunnels. At up to 150mph and convoy-capable Tesla logistics will be the name of the game to move products all around the world.

Off topic: Boring company initially mentioned skates would be used, but later they said Tesla's with additional attachments installed would be used. Now it seems FSD Tesla's will be able to handle the tunnels unaided by additional attachments.

Throughout this people threw their arms up in the air and with the constant changes they saw this as proof the concept would fail. I laughed to myself because this is Boring company simply doing what Elon does best: innovate and fail forward.

Tl;Dr: boring company will further drive demand for Tesla vehicles and unlock a high capacity vehicle and a tunnel-capable semi variant for logistics transportation.

Good morning!

upload_2020-8-18_11-27-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-18_11-27-51.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-18_11-27-51.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 38
In the wee hours of this morning I felt really uneasy, because this massive rise in such a short while just feels super crazy. I started to contemplate on realising some gains.. now not so much anymore, here's my reasoning:

- It has just begun, price target 5k (before split) in 2024 still seems totally reasonable (see ARK, Cathy Woods, or Ron Baron for an eloquent explanation)

Soo many catalysts to shove this thing further:

- After the some big banks upped their targets, financial advisors dare now to put TSLA into clients portfolios (I bet they do not understand why, but window dressing might be a strong reason to do so). Imagine the client asking why he has not got any TSLA in his portfolio...

- Funds frontrunning S&P inclusion, retail investors doing the same

- meanwhile massive pressure for shorts, margin calls...

- Battery day will be huge, even the dumbest start to realize this > more buying pressure

- Progress of Shanghai, Berlin and Austin > Impressive

- Progress in manufacturing now obvious for the dumbest as well...

- meanwhile bad news from the "competition" VW ID3 debacle gets worse at every news cycle,

- Tesla Energy getting traction...

and so many others...

Question remains if the squeeze (which I think it in in an slow, relentless way, think of feet over red hot embers..) will accelerate and where it tops out. Some (I think it was @Lycanthrope) have gradual selling targets, to catch a meteoric rise. But it could as well just rise and top out before Battery Day after which my best guess is that we could see a huge drop. Firstly because it's: Buy the rumour, sell the news, and secondly because most will just not get what mind boggling progress Jeff Dahn and Tesla have acheived. It's just over mosts head.

I am almost certain wie will see 2000+ today. I might put some crazy high sell orders for a tiny bit of my holdings... but then again a squeeze happens if the longs hold... OK guys thats the order of today: HODL !!!!

Cheers to all the longs, thank you all for being here and for providing so many insights, Love you all.

Edit: typos

More volume than yesterday, a few margin calls being covered?

I really don’t know if we can sustain this all the freakin’ way to the old splitterino, it’s crazy!!

And just skip closing in the $1700’s, that would be sweet.

Regarding selling, wifey has found a house she wants for around €1m, which is about what we have in core shares (trading account another €500k with calls and LEAPS), so now the “discussions” begin. I don’t want to sell out so low, I prefer (as said a few weeks back) to get €2m, or more. Plus it would need renovating, so would like several €100k for that

We’ll see, might get there by end next week at this rate...

$1927.93* +92.29 +5.02%
*Real-Time - data as of
8/18/2020 6:08:52 AM​