Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wonder if Spiegel and Chanos will be in the hole with TSLA whatever TSLA does. I mean they have been short so long and have been paying intrest all the time so that the sum of the intrest payments would be more than the potential profit if Tesla would go bankrupt tomorrow

Ummm...yes. Their interest payments are insignificant compared to their actual losses from shorting the stock, buying puts and selling calls.

It's kind of like wondering if a mud wrestler will get dirty no matter how careful they are!:p

Hey Boys and girls, check out this website where you could easily track the progress of the factories. Currently i am amazed the progress in just 5 days gigafactory tesla has had. Compare daily satellite images of Tesla production locations

cool! i think layout could be improved. maybe show all gigafactories on one page? related links for each giga on the right? can it be timelapse instead of slider bar?

btw: goodluck! hope you get lots of hits and takes off!

Reactions: UncaNed and amolina
Amazing thing about Tesla/TSLA is how little the average person (even smart people) knows about the company. We are spoiled here. This website is literally worth billions of dollars of stock appreciation gains. Not a joke. There is no other stock with such an intelligent, knowledgeable group of investors that willingly share their knowledge for free. Seriously this is a once in a lifetime stock and online presence and I thank you. I would not have had the conviction and confidence in this company without you. To quote Napoleon Dynamite, you have made all my wildest dreams come true.
No. The Apple internet fan, aficionado, and expert ecosystem far exceeds Tesla's. It's been around for decades. There were Usenet groups devoted to this sort of thing in the '80s.

But this is largely because Tesla is the same sort of phenomenon as Apple -- a company devoted to something noble that becomes (indeed, must become) a huge financial success seemingly by accident. Who on Wall St. could ever imagine that the path to immense financial success is directly through not focusing on huge financial success, but rather around bringing into the world truly amazing and delightful products? This is fundamentally why both stocks were and are heavily, historically shorted.

I've been a part of both true believer communities, and it has been both a wonderful and frustrating experience. I worked for Apple for eight years, but I've never worked for Tesla. As I've been retired for a decade I don't think I ever will. Perhaps one of my kids....l

My expectation is that Battery Day will go right over the heads of the analysts just as Investor Day did. Analysts only see and look at the numbers--the current crop doesn't even seem to accept them--and they never see the vision (as always, with an exception or two). Other than that, it sounds pretty reasonable.
I disagree.

Autonomous day showed two things:
  1. FSD computer HW3
  2. Tesla’s path to full FSD software
To analysts, HW3 is already in production, it doesn’t mean anything to them before the software is done, and the couple of bucks per car cost savings are probably already priced in SP. For software, they can not touch it and they don’t know how to value work-in-progress software.(Frankly no one does, that’s why we often see step changes instead of gradual progress in SP of software companies), so they give it no valuation at the moment.

Battery day would be different:
It’s about hardware, Tesla would have new battery ready for them to touch, there is a new production line they can tour. Tesla would show them the supply contracts, tell them how much and how long it take to build such a production line.
Tesla would also calculate for them how much it would save per car, what kind of new spec would be enabled and how much premium it would take in, also how many cars per year can be supported by the battery production plan.
To analysts, it’s all first grade math from there for SP.

Also, I suspect there is something more than battery in the show.

Last edited:
As of now, I see a lot of Model 3's "in transit", nothing yet available in-store in Belgium.

What I find weird is there are very few MS/X. Are they purely made to order now?

And where the hell is everyone today, or were ALL our posts deleted? :rolleyes:

Don’t think so. In The Netherlands the inventory model S’s are currently mostly shown as “in transit”. Don’t see my model S config (White LR/19” carbon wheels/ default int/FSD) so the inventory they show should be a separate batch.
Got my final invoice Aug 8 with a Sep 8 preliminary delivery.

Ordering a Tesla is a 1 minute exercise but having to wait 3 months....Guess there’s no demand problem. ;)

Morning all....first off, congrats again to all longs. I have been slowly accumulating since 2018 and am up to 593 shares at a SP cost of $539. Even had some buys in the $1380 and $1470.01 and a last buy in the $1500's. I love how $TSLA has given a lot of members the opportunity to consider retirement! I always tell everyone that asks...'are you going to take some profits?' My response is 'If you think $TSLA is expensive now, just wait till 2-3 years from now' :) :)

Enjoy the peaks and valleys everyone! Love this TMC fam!

I disagree.

Autonomous day showed two things:
  1. FSD computer HW3
  2. Tesla’s path to full FSD software
To analysts, HW3 is already in production, it doesn’t mean anything to them before the software is done, and the couple of bucks per car cost savings are probably already priced in SP. For software, they can not touch it and they don’t know how to value work-in-progress software.(Frankly no one does, that’s why we often see step changes instead of gradual progress in SP of software companies), so they give it no valuation at the moment.

Battery day would be different:
It’s about hardware, Tesla would have new battery ready for them to touch, there is a new production line they can tour. Tesla would show them the supply contracts, tell them how much and how long it take to build such a production line.
To analysts, it’s all first grade math from there.

Also, I suspect there is something more than battery in the show.

I agree with this. Autonomous software and data pipelines in work is not analysts forte. look how they missed out on the electric revolution happening around them. However, you show them simple production lines already in place, and means to extrapolate and calculate how much more of the hardware (cars/semi/cybertruck) they can manufacture and sell would be easy to grasp.

still, i would be selling off a few options before Sep 22 to cash in on the IV. and not keep everything for the news.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Yep. I trot out this great photoshop (not mine, kudos to its creator) of a refreshed S featuring elements of the The Roadster 2.0 every time this issue is raised. I think it's beautiful and does nothing to damage the timeless lines of Franz's design. It would be an instant success. Sign me up! View attachment 579654

View attachment 579653

Would definitely immediately trade in my new S for this.

Yep. I trot out this great photoshop (not mine, kudos to its creator) of a refreshed S featuring elements of the The Roadster 2.0 every time this issue is raised. I think it's beautiful and does nothing to damage the timeless lines of Franz's design. It would be an instant success. Sign me up! View attachment 579654

View attachment 579653

Nice. Is there a back end version of that rendering too?

Morning all....first off, congrats again to all longs. I have been slowly accumulating since 2018 and am up to 593 shares at a SP cost of $539. Even had some buys in the $1380 and $1470.01 and a last buy in the $1500's. I love how $TSLA has given a lot of members the opportunity to consider retirement! I always tell everyone that asks...'are you going to take some profits?' My response is 'If you think $TSLA is expensive now, just wait till 2-3 years from now' :) :)

Enjoy the peaks and valleys everyone! Love this TMC fam!
So very thankful for the split. Sick and tired of people looking at the stock price as if it's worth more than Google. This market cap/stock price thing is difficult for people to grasp.

Don’t think so. In The Netherlands the inventory model S’s are currently mostly shown as “in transit”. Don’t see my model S config (White LR/19” carbon wheels/ default int/FSD) so the inventory they show should be a separate batch.
Got my final invoice Aug 8 with a Sep 8 preliminary delivery.

Ordering a Tesla is a 1 minute exercise but having to wait 3 months....Guess there’s no demand problem. ;)

Indeed, now I look at NL I can scroll the S&X inventory ad-infinitum, but in Belgium we have 1 MS and two MX.

Thinking to trade my XP100DL+ for a newer X, but probably a good idea to wait until 22/9 :)

View attachment 579676

1180 Page Avenue is across the street to the south of Tesla's Page Ave site. Amprius would have a front row view of the new Roadrunner plant currently being constructed across the street. I suspect Tesla would be developing a Silicon anode either through some association with a company like Amprius or via their rumoured aquisition of SilLion. Although this may not be fully developed for the Roadrunner cells that will be featured at Battery Day. However I am expecting a surprise of some kind.:cool:

Perhaps there’s a Boring company tunnel that connects the two buildings.

The options market is much more than just buying some gambling calls or taking big risks by selling uncovered calls or puts. There are people who buy options to protect their shares. There are others who sell options to pick up stocks with a discount. There are those who use it to get a regular income from premiums. If you use them in a smart way options can be very safe, if you use them in a dumb way they can be very dangerous. But the same goes for cars. Or lawnmowers.
What’s the best resource/guide for learning how to use options wisely?

Indeed, now I look at NL I can scroll the S&X inventory ad-infinitum, but in Belgium we have 1 MS and two MX.

Thinking to trade my XP100DL+ for a newer X, but probably a good idea to wait until 22/9 :)

Oh i contemplated that for days but I think a plaid X or S will take at least a year to appear in Europe. Can’t stand my BMW 3series anymore, in need of a decent car!