Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already traded 9M shares in just the first 11 minutes! The last 10 days' average daily volume was 89.9M... Strap-in!

[Already took out the garbage and had breakfast so I'll play some Fortnite now to ignore the ticker for awhile]

[Update: made a Model X on paper will I was playing Fortnite. I better jump back into the game now!]

Last edited:
Are options tradable yet? My IBKR chart shows quite weird pricing - basically unchaged from pre-split levels except the SP is accurate

Merrill sent the note out saying options won't be quoted or tradeable online till tomorrow on their platform, but could be phoned in. :eek:

I'm a little surprised that brokers are having such a hard time with the 2 splits today. It's not like this is the first time stocks splits... It's not that uncommon.

Edit: I should add that while they got all my shares and total price correct as of this morning, my Unrealized gains are completely wrong. Don't know when they'll fix that...

-Vadim

Do you all have all your shares in your account? Consors (a German broker) will not give the split shares for a full 3(!) days only giving them out on 2-Sept since they claim they didn't get the additional shares yet:

Translation:

Source: TSLA (Aktie Tesla Inc.)

I find this a bit suspicious - that's why there was a date a full week ahead of the split for everyone to get their records in order. Does everyone else have their full shares?

I’m in Canada using qtrade. Same for me, still shows old amount of shares with new price, its kinda depressing!

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Ibkr is normal here now since opening.

both options and stock

What pricing do they show for say monthly Oct 500c?

I'm a little surprised that brokers are having such a hard time with the 2 splits today. It's not like this is the first time stocks splits... It's not that uncommon.

Right? That's what I was thinking, especially with the 2-weeks heads-up

They should certainly be able to provide the Friday closing prices and divide them by five. Then they would be able to provide me with an accurate value of my holdings. I'm not expecting them to tell me what price the options will start trading at on Monday, as that's beyond anybody's ability.

That doesn't work for options. For example on my one of my options the gain went from ~600% to ~30,000%. (Which was 50x.) So dividing by 5 still wouldn't give you accurate numbers.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger