Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold some sept 11 and 18 calls

Pretty sure I will be up huge at Tuesday open I could see the iv dropping quite a bit with this s&p news out

Kinda annoying how the media is panting it as a s&p exclusion for tesla just because they didint get added.

Anyways what are your guys thoughts on immediate iv for tesl@

IV goes up, but for Calls deltas will go down along with SP- so overall Call Option price will go down.
(IV is not # Uno, if SP is going down)

• Informative
Reactions: PANN
Bill Gates Snubs Tesla In Post About Electric Vehicles

...He added that all-electric pick-up trucks will soon be available "thanks to legacy companies like GM and Ford and new companies like Rivian and Bollinger." Tesla's Cybertruck has received widespread publicity, but it didn't even warrant a mention from Bill Gates in a discussion about electric vehicles and pickup trucks....

...Bill Gates also indirectly said the Tesla Semi probably won't work. He noted that batteries are big and heavy, and the more weight that's being moved, the more batteries that are needed, which increase the weight further. He said even as new battery technology is developed, he doesn't think EVs will be a "practical solution" for 18-wheelers, cargo ships and passenger jets. Bill Gates explained that electric vehicles work for short distances, but another solution is needed for heavy vehicles that travel long distances.​

Years ago, I read that Bill's primary goal in any staff meeting at Microsoft was to prove to everyone that he was the smartest guy in the room. (The garbage sold by Microsoft also suggests this was their corporate culture.)

Now he seems intent on proving he is the dumbest guy in the blogosphere, despite having serious competition there.
OT: FYI, Bill Gates gives a lot of money to the media so that they big note him and his charity

I recently examined nearly twenty thousand charitable grants the Gates Foundation had made through the end of June and found more than $250 million going toward journalism. Recipients included news operations like the BBC, NBC, Al Jazeera, ProPublica, National Journal, The Guardian, Univision, Medium, the Financial Times, The Atlantic, the Texas Tribune, Gannett, Washington Monthly, Le Monde, and the Center for Investigative Reporting; charitable organizations affiliated with news outlets, like BBC Media Action and the New York Times’ Neediest Cases Fund; media companies such as Participant, whose documentary Waiting for “Superman”supports Gates’s agenda on charter schools; journalistic organizations such as the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, the National Press Foundation, and the International Center for Journalists; and a variety of other groups creating news content or working on journalism, such as the Leo Burnett Company, an ad agency that Gates commissioned to create a “news site” to promote the success of aid groups. In some cases, recipients say they distributed part of the funding as subgrants to other journalistic organizations—which makes it difficult to see the full picture of Gates’s funding into the fourth estate.

Journalism’s Gates keepers

Last edited:
Now, on to more important things... can you believe they didn't add ZM to the S&P 500 yesterday?

Zoom hasn't filed its official 10-Q yet. I think that has to happen first.

Actually Bill may have a point about the loading. Regulations limit the axle loading and the gross vehicle weight, which varies by jurisdiction. If batteries weight the same or less than an engine and transmission (which is very possible given how heavy truck engines and transmissions are), then it's a no-brainer. If the weight of batteries is more then the lost freight needs to be compared to the fuel savings and time saved (e.g. more trips with slightly less freight). There are some trucks that are volume limited (e.g. moving vans) where size rather than weight is the limiting factor, but for most 18 wheel size trucks it's weight.

Yes, at 80,000 lbs by Federal Law, but can be even lower in some places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoom hasn't filed its official 10-Q yet. I think that has to happen first.

Yes, at 80,000 lbs by Federal Law, but can be even lower in some places.

I believe any vehicle purchased with free Supercharging for life still gets Supercharging for life if it's still owned by the original owner. That new vehicles don't have this or even that used vehicles sold lose this is not a promise reneged in my view.
it did on the 3rd. SEC Filings - Zoom

Last edited:
what do people think about this ?
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1302209384429367298?s=21
and also :
To clarify my tweets about @elonmusk's upcoming revolutionary announcement:

He will say:

- No axles
- No frames
- All critical moving parts -- power, brakes, steering and suspension are embedded in each wheel system - all else -- electric impulses.

How?

He will explain“

is John mcafee on to something or is he of his rocker ?
Re: "is John mcafee on to something or is he of his rocker ?"
Or is he on something?

Was wondering why Musk would risk SEC issues by hinting at S&P inclusion - Maybe it was his way of saying "don't stress about it - may happen a bit late but it will happen..."

Hopefully that "a bit late" is this week, but next quarter works fine too.

So, here’s another example of something that wasn’t that’s become a ‘fact’.

Musk NEVER tweeted anything about the S&P. He tweeted about a bloody spoon and strawberry fields. People here SPECULATED that there might be some hidden S&P message, it became a joke (I thought). But somehow now — :rolleyes:

Tesla did NOT do a capital raise.
Musk did NOT tweet about S&P inclusion.
Early Tesla’s do have free supercharging for life.

Bills criticism has been the criticism of the Semi project since reveal because load capacity was not a spec shown during the reveal, which is actually the most important metric for an 18 wheeler due to the 60k lbs restriction put in place. Elon and his team fully understand that if they were to show this number back in 2016, it would have been a dud since we know the production product will be miles better. And it was what, just 3 months ago Elon finally felt comfortable bringing semi to volume production? Sept 22nd will spill all the beans.

Jerome Guillen in an interview shortly after the Semi reveal, clarified that Tesla was targeting the same payload capacity as a traditional Semi, so Bill and Trevor Milton are wrong.

Last edited:
Arghhhhh. Mind playing tricks on me even on weekends!!!!
CEBDC06B-29F1-4D90-A5A1-0E05CA3CCD84.jpeg

True. Zoom Technologies was passed over too. The 2 things in common with TLSA is that neither were listed in the other S&P Indexes (Midcap 400 or SmolCap 600), and they both have high recent SP runups (valuation questions).

Personally, I give it 1 chance in 3.

Cheers!

Zoom Technologies was not passed over. Their 10-K came out the day before the inclusion announcement, and the index Committee probably wants to see the official 10-K first.

So, here’s another example of something that wasn’t that’s become a ‘fact’.

Musk NEVER tweeted anything about the S&P. He tweeted about a bloody spoon and strawberry fields. People here SPECULATED that there might be some hidden S&P message, it became a joke (I thought). But somehow now — :rolleyes:

Tesla did NOT do a capital raise.
Musk did NOT tweet about S&P inclusion.
Early Tesla’s do have free supercharging for life.
7CFD4FFC-63A0-4A1C-9485-BAA8849FB7E2.jpeg