Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A typical Fibonacci retracement would be to 61.8% of an all-time high. For Tesla that would be down to about $310. That has been reached in after-hours trading. It might mark an important bottom, as the after-hours price is now rising. But after-hours can be flaky. Let’s see if the potential bottom holds tomorrow. If it does, that could be quite encouraging.

In case may calculation wasn't clear to anyone, $310 is 61.8% of the Tesla all-time intra-day high of $502, i.e. a drop of 38.2%.

The analysts still can't see:

Hardware
Software
Network
Batteries
Supercharging
Autopilot
Brand
Elon

There is NO competition.

We which can add to the list:

Hardware
Software
Network
Batteries
Supercharging
Autopilot
Brand
Elon
No Competition

TSLA Long.
It's obvious.
It's been obvious since 2013 at the latest. Just needed some time.

The one thing that has me concerned about the other car makers and definitely GM is hackers. If something is found with a Tesla there is an update and the hack is blocked almost immediately. I do not trust the other car makers to be able to do that. If GM is managing the battery wirelessly, I can see a hacker getting into that real easy. Then I have to ask, is there a way to “syphon the gas” out of the tank or much worse hack the battery to damage itself.

Well, I picked up my first ever Tesla today. It's brilliant! I now realise why I've got half my wealth invested in the company. Cheers Elon!

upload_2020-9-9_18-17-16.png

Hardware
Software
Network
Batteries
Supercharging
Autopilot
Brand
Elon

There is NO competition.

Hardware
Software
Network
Batteries
Supercharging
Autopilot
Brand
Elon
No Competition

TSLA Long.
It's obvious.

Add to the list:

Pace of innovation
Best engineers and ability to continue to attract talent
Better, Faster, Cheaper Giga/Tera factories with each iteration
Manufacturing leap frogging the "competition" ie giga press
Renewable Energy generation, storage and distribution

Anyone else want to add?

Hardware
Software
Network
Batteries
Supercharging
Autopilot
Brand
Elon

There is NO competition.

Hardware
Software
Network
Batteries
Supercharging
Autopilot
Brand
Elon
No Competition

TSLA Long.
It's obvious.
... and FACTORIES as in Manufacturing Processes and Innovative Technologies!
Tera Factories... and maybe future Micro Factories with RNA printers? Nano Factory sounds better IMO. Part of me thinks (hopes) Tesla and partners are going to change the course of medicine as well... and so overdue.

Add to the list:

Pace of innovation
Best engineers and ability to continue to attract talent
Better, Faster, Cheaper Gig/Tera factories with each iteration
Manufacturing leap frogging the "competition" ie giga press
Renewable Energy generation, storage and distribution

Anyone else want to add?

Too late... You guys are too fast! Missed it again.

Next candidate for a Rob Maurer debate?

I gave a disagree because in-line with comments earlier this week I think it's best not to give these idiots a platform.

On the other hand, Craig isn't a shouter, like Gordo, so Rob might be able to get a word in edgeways.

As an addendum, all these bears know full well they're talking crap, but that's what they're paid to say, so what's the point in trying to convince them? The arguments they give are all the same, and they're all wrong. And have been proven wrong for year and years and years, and yet they're still there, spouting the same rubbish.