Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of interesting information on the GigaTexas build schedule here: TeraFactory Austin Texas Preliminary Build Schedule --- Substantial completion ****

For example:
project-schedule-png.586262

Sometimes when I roadtrip I see non-Tesla EVs stop at the rest stops near Tesla Superchargers. Often they seem to be struggling with finding a working charger and setting up payment. Saw one guy try 3 different chargers with his whole family trying to stay positive, while the Teslas were super charging and having a burger.

I think a lot of people will be getting ID3s, Konas, étrons, iPaces etc to find out that in fact getting a non Tesla, without the supercharger network, without autopilot, without the long range etc is a lot pain compared to just doing what everyone else does and get a Tesla. Thus their next car will be a Tesla.
I was talking with a neighbor when a Taycan went by. I noted it was a beautiful car, which I think it is, but that it is a town car, since it has half the range of a Tesla and no national charging network. The light went off and he asks, so all these Tesla chargers can't be used by other cars? Nope, they can't. Elon not only has the most successful EV car company, he's in position to be the Standard Oil of EV charging.
My neighbor is an engineer and I think this really drove home how Tesla has built a solution, not just a set of products and how this drives them to be the best in every market segment.

I almost look forward to paying more for all the bells and whistles on my next model X considering how good TSLA's been to me. Won't hold back maximizing my solar roof once they become available in my area for the same reason. I really hope my Cybertruck will have V2G. when it's ready.
Same. V2G on a tri motor Cybertruck will easily replace a whole house generator for a few days. And once you run low? Drive to the closest SC with power, fill up, and head back home. The value proposition is insane. Even just using the built in 220/110 will be enough to power say a fridge and some basics.

Those of us who can see all the pieces Elon is putting together are going to make out like bandits. (more so than we have so far)

I was talking with a neighbor when a Taycan went by. I noted it was a beautiful car, which I think it is, but that it is a town car, since it has half the range of a Tesla and no national charging network. The light went off and he asks, so all these Tesla chargers can't be used by other cars? Nope, they can't. Elon not only has the most successful EV car company, he's in position to be the Standard Oil of EV charging.
My neighbor is an engineer and I think this really drove home how Tesla has built a solution, not just a set of products and how this drives them to be the best in every market segment.

I saw a Taycan for the first time last week, here in Brussels. It's was driving past and TBH I thought it was a Panamera at first, until I looked closely.

Reminded me to contact my friend who had one on order, and indeed he took delivery, and loves it. Pandemic allowing, I hope to get to see it and have a go in it before too long. I will report back.

Oh, FFS... I’m not watching that garbage!!

View attachment 586246
I’ve learned so much from this forum, but I think one of the most important topics/concepts I’ve picked up is how methodical and manipulative the stock market media is towards creating a constantly moving narrative around tsla. When tsla goes up the media is generally positive towards the company, when tsla goes down it’s negative. Suddenly tsla drops and now it’s all doom-and-gloom. Before this forum I would’ve very bearish, but after keeping up with this forum for over a year now I’m more bullish than ever. It just seems so obvious the big players want the SP down so they can gobble up shares cheap while they profited from driving it up recently, and will leverage the media to keep the SP suppressed to purchase shares as cheaply as possible. I’ve been paying attention to this game long enough now to see how it’s played, and it’s really no mystery anymore. I love the “tesla in a death spiral!” headlines today because the usual suspects are just setting things up to profit again for the next big run up. The headlines today are positively laughable, from all sources. With headlines like these i feel nearly certain tsla will be >$500 within a month, maybe >$600. The media game is so obvious and rigged. Last week according to media tsla could do no wrong, this week tsla is in a “death spiral” hahaha. Ya sad for the rubes that bet big and bought high last week, but that’s just how the game is rigged; Wall Street doesn’t care, it makes money whether stocks are going up or down. I don’t care, I’m still up nearly 400% this year, and i retire at 41 in exactly 1 month all thanks to tesla and this forum. Thanks all

What does “dry in” mean?
It means "GIYF": ;)

"Dry-In" means that the building shell has been completed sufficiently to keep out wind, rain, or the weather in general, thus assuring that weather-sensitive materials or work can begin indoors without those materials suffering weather damage by rain, wind, snow, etc.​

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sometimes when I roadtrip I see non-Tesla EVs stop at the rest stops near Tesla Superchargers. Often they seem to be struggling with finding a working charger and setting up payment. Saw one guy try 3 different chargers with his whole family trying to stay positive, while the Teslas were super charging and having a burger.

I think a lot of people will be getting ID3s, Konas, étrons, iPaces etc to find out that in fact getting a non Tesla, without the supercharger network, without autopilot, without the long range etc is a lot pain compared to just doing what everyone else does and get a Tesla. Thus their next car will be a Tesla.
This same pity is how I felt for years when I saw a new plate on a Hybrid (not as common now). Especially at a stoplight.
And new ICE vehicles, I just shake my head in a failure to communicate rationally. A lot of mistakes being made out there still.

Reactions: wtlloyd and ABCTG
I saw a Taycan for the first time last week, here in Brussels. It's was driving past and TBH I thought it was a Panamera at first, until I looked closely.

Reminded me to contact my friend who had one on order, and indeed he took delivery, and loves it. Pandemic allowing, I hope to get to see it and have a go in it before too long. I will report back.
giphy.gif

Just a healthy correction? No — Tesla could be heading toward a ‘death spiral,’ strategist warns — MarketWatch

‘It feels the current correction is going deeper. It might even wobble into a crash.’

That’s Bill Blain, strategist at London’s Shard Capital, painting a rather grim picture in his “Morning Porridge” note for a stock he’s been warning about, mostly wrongly, for years.

[emphasis mine : it's nice to see a boneheaded analyst get called out for being wrong all the time]