Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I alone in that since I know Tesla goes up in the long term, I want this current dip to go below 300 so I can accumulate some more?
No. But it continues to be in very poor taste to post enthusiastically about declines while the people who are all in are getting hurt, sometimes fatally if they are overleveraged. Chuckle to yourself please over "buying opportunities".

I find it highly unlikely two CEOs met and filmed a test drive of one of their products and throw it on the internet without some motive. Could be VW wants in on superchargers, or batteries or autopilot. Could be many things. Who knows. But I don't think Elon taking notes on how to improve Tesla cars is on Diess' mind.

But it should be on his mind. There’s no way Elon didn’t compare, and there’s no way if Elon thought something was better in that car that it won’t be usurped in Teslas asap.

Almost makes me want to setup an accumulation program of buying two shares every time ark buys and selling one share every time they sell.
They seem to trade peaks and valleys fairly well; you would have had the signal to sell at the top as well (although I only sold a little).

ARK is definitely one of my indicators, especially because I try to maintain 50% TSLA/Cash ratio and that's how they operate with 10% TSLA instead - always rebalancing at just the right time. It's the dips like these where I'm not wiped out from the downside and powder to reinvest. Doesn't grow as fast, but much less stress from the swings. Steady as she goes (up).

I forwarded this immediately to my sister the day this was posted, who’s been mirroring my Tesla buys. The selloff began the next day. And turned around near $350 (so far).

Price and timing... choose one or the other, but nailing both and calling the intraday bounce after... is seriously creepy. Looking forward to more chills and thrills.

If not for the offering he may have been exactly right. I was actually banking on hitting at least 600... which I believe we probably would have if not for yada yada repeating myself.

AnthonyJ is one cool cat.

Reactions: mrmage
Do you all whine, be all emotional, and show your cards so easily when playing poker?

let me know when the next game is

Will do. :)

You seem to be the perfect poker-opponent..
(since you believe all that is posted on anonymous forums are the truth and nothing but the truth;-)

But I don't see no harm in sharing. :) Bought 15@350 - and have now the nice even number of 1515 shares. Yay me..

Oh, FFS... I’m not watching that garbage!!

38B8D563-2743-40A4-B237-7D4B6826F457.jpeg

Do you all whine, be all emotional, and show your cards so easily when playing poker?

let me know when the next game is

Well, when I miss the flush draw I am chasing, I usually stamp my feet.

I pound the table when my inside straight fails.

And I giggle when I catch a set.

BUT, I am stone cold sober when we are dealing. You should see me then, man. IMPENETRABLE. Like a Sphinx.

Just ordered a Model X Performance in the hopes that it magically turns into a Plaid version on 9/22 for the same price
I almost look forward to paying more for all the bells and whistles on my next model X considering how good TSLA's been to me. Won't hold back maximizing my solar roof once they become available in my area for the same reason. I really hope my Cybertruck will have V2G. when it's ready.

I think you may be conflating the Octovalve with the introduction of a heat pump in the Model Y. The latter is what will contribute to the greater efficiency in that purely resistive heating (which is power hungry) will no longer be the sole means of providing cabin heat.

The Octovalve is simply a packaging/cost-reduction optimization. While it is indeed part of that overall thermal management system, it doesn't really contribute to efficiency, but more so space/weight/part-count savings.

People made the same mistake with the introduction of the "Superbottle" on the Model 3... while clever in that it combined a number of previously separate components in to a single unit, it didn't actually introduce any new capability or efficiency... again it was design optimization...

Maybe wrong thread, but I'd like to understand better. I didn't think the heat pump was practical without the Octovalve. So it's not the heat pump, but without it, there is no heat pump solution.

Reactions: Big Earl and FYMR