Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF? Guys we are not NKLAQ. Lets not trust any report published by short sellers as they are known to distort truths and create FUD. I refuse to be part of that. As Elon said, let the market decide on fuel cell.

I can only assume you haven't done any real research on Nikola. Those of us who have can see that the claims of "NKLAQ" fit perfectly with what we've already found out. Completely the opposite of what TSLAQ tried to do.

Hopefully my final comment (which I will repeat once again),

I saw an interview where the questioner noticed the huge $3,400 to $15K gap and asked one of Ark's analysts about it. They admitted $7K was just a middle number and their valuation of TSLA was really a yes/no outcome of robotaxis with no in-between.
Yes, that's how they explain this sort of thing to people incapable of understanding what it means.

• Love
Reactions: GSP and MP3Mike
WTF? Guys we are not NKLAQ. Lets not trust any report published by short sellers as they are known to distort truths and create FUD. I refuse to be part of that. As Elon said, let the market decide on fuel cell.

You seem to have the misconception that it's negativity or the short-selling itself that makes $TSLAQ reprehensible. It's not, it's their propensity to distort the truth and to try to harm Tesla's reputation in any way possible. If the negative accusations were true, their actions would not be reprehensible - they would be understandable, beneficial and noble actually.

Investors need to be able to analyze negative info as well as positive info. My BS detector is not going off as I read the Hindenburg Research report on Trevor Milton's past and current history. In fact, it aligns perfectly with what I know about his history and current dealings from other sources. The fact that they disclose a short position is understandable. If my research uncovered a company with no future I would almost certainly want to monetize my discoveries.

That said, in contrast to the Hindenburg Research report, I put very little weight to the lawsuit recently announced because lawyers do lawyering and even reputable companies can make mistakes that are legally actionable. But I don't discount the Hindenburg report simply because the people who wrote it thought it was a good idea to go short. It's actually a good sign that they disclosed that fact.

This subject should matter enough for TSLA investors to maintain a basic awareness of NKLA happenings because both companies operate in the same space (even though NKLA is still pre-production) and there is a lot of "cross-pollination" going on in many less sophisticated investors minds.

Wrong thread for us being NKLAQ, people! (I'm not judging, just saying that this isn't the thread, there's a thread below this one for that.)

And now for short interest. I see it was already posted, but for completeness:

upload_2020-9-10_19-32-1.png

54,890,314 shares shorted, a 10.84% drop (after adjusting for the split). $27.35B at risk, a 34.59% increase. And, Ihor's estimate was somewhere around 60.48M shares shorted, 10.18% above the actual number - he basically entirely missed the covering into the rally.

Zero.

Battery powered lawn mower and weed wacker.

Actually getting rid of those old gas cans for the lawn mowers was a major hassle.

I would like to get a snow blower, but the electric ones are toys. Not sure what I am going to do.
My snowblower is the only ICK I have left. I have an electric riding lawn mower, weed wacker and leaf blower. Oh, and a couple cars.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I wouldn't look at this as much of anything. Short-seller reports (which are usually bogus) combine with bottom-feeding law firms to create a whirlwind of allegations around a stock. Any high-flying, relatively nascent company is a target. I went through this with my other major investment and it's pretty damn annoying.

That's not to say there isn't criminality behind NKLA. Just that I wouldn't put any stock into these "investigations" from law firms like Block & Leviton.

EDIT: (If you haven't seen something like this before, take a look at the news feed for Enphase (ENPH) in the Apple stock app. This was off the back of a fabricated one-man short-seller report earlier this summer. You might see the aforementioned law firm in there.)
What that law firm is doing would have resulted in instant disbarment under strict legal ethics rules that were the norm before the profession started the process of prostituting itself.

Reactions: Dancing Lemur
Sigh, TheDrive article about faux wood used as a coolant spacer in the model Y is all over my facebook. Tesla really shoot itself in the foot sometimes when the entire world is putting your cars under a microscope. Can't they at least paint it silver or something vs having it look like a hack job? Munro said the part doesn't affect the performance or reliability so the hack job works, but again it diminish the brand when poor fit and finish is something Tesla is trying to climb out of.

not only now I think it will never happen, but Im actively against it. I want the the stock to moon in the coming years with the SP sitting on the sideline waiting for "the fundamentals to make sense" or until a time when they can "buy the dip." They had the chance to be on the right side of history but instead decided to pull a Gordon Johnson. Thats what they'll get for playing stock analysts.
The snobbish tone used in the "purple patch" quote makes me hope that TSLA doesn't join the S&P. Objectively, I can see their point regarding profitability from the use of credits IF they were the average Joe. However, their research should go beyond the media talking heads and the Seeking Az'oles crowd.

I said, back when I first found TMC, that the Street won't quit manipulating TSLA as long as they can make money from doing so. I don't think that the Street is ready to give up their cash cow. If/when TSLA joins the S&P 500 there are so many funds that would be affected by manipulating TSLA that even the SEC would have to take notice.

Sigh, TheDrive article about faux wood used as a coolant spacer in the model Y is all over my facebook. Tesla really shoot itself in the foot sometimes when the entire world is putting your cars under a microscope. Can't they at least paint it silver or something vs having it look like a hack job? Munro said the part doesn't affect the performance or reliability so the hack job works, but again it diminish the brand when poor fit and finish is something Tesla is trying to climb out of.

Yeah I saw that yesterday. What the F are they thinking. I know the part will not fail but come on.

It’s been impossible to keep up with this thread. Would be nice to have a separate locked thread that is just a re-posting of all the best/most informative posts of the day without all the filler. Problem would be finding someone to volunteer for this job. (I would if I was retired.)
Your only option is to start putting a lot of people on ignore. I think I’m up to 30 people. Too many people posting memes all day long or saying they sold TSLA and asking over and over when they should buy back in.