Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022-GMC-Hummer-EV-04.jpg

A call out to Celebs, Ballers, Players, athletes and wanna be outdoorsy types ( you know who you are driving $60K four door Jeep CJs that never leave the pavement). Your next chariot has arrived and still show your "green" credentials. I don't expect the audience here to understand this vehicle, but mark my words, this will be the next "it" vehicle. Now I get why GM did this, brilliant.

Greenies can only sit in silence and watch it drive by.

Didn't think I would like the design but I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the SUV version, and one knows it will be a popular limo conversion product.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about SP related to Q2 vs Q3 earnings releases. Q2 SP was a bit of a let down for many, but it followed a significant run-up and may have been somewhat anti-climatic. SP has been bouncing around a bit since Q2 earnings, but no big run-up for a while, even with battery day and other good news. It feels different to me this time and I think we should see some decent rise in SP, but FUD is strong and volume has been low. Difficult to be confident in the short run - HODLing for the long run.

A call out to Celebs, Ballers, Players, athletes and wanna be outdoorsy types ( you know who you are driving $60K four door Jeep CJs that never leave the pavement). Your next chariot has arrived and still show your "green" credentials. I don't expect the audience here to understand this vehicle, but mark my words, this will be the next "it" vehicle. Now I get why GM did this, brilliant.

Greenies can only sit and watch it go by in silence.
I actually kinda get it now, this is clearly for douchebag 4 door Jeep owners. Not a terrible segment to attack with an EV considering how well JK/JL's are selling. As a TJ owner, I'm of the opinion all of the above are a disgrace to motor vehicles.

None of that really matter though since they'll be building it with parts and packs from suppliers that will ensure they'll never be profitable. Even at $120k. And what's with "about 3 seconds"? You don't have a 0-60 time on a vehicle you'll be selling in 10 months?

Pretty excited to see the first Hummer driving down the road diagonal when the wheels get stuck in "crab mode"!

Overall though, this is not as horrendous as I thought it would be. Won't help them avoid death, but not that bad. If anything it'll immediately push Jeep to 100% EV, which is great.

Anyone else feel like “100 miles in 10 minutes” is quite slow, especially for a 800v 350kW system?

Are they literally making up numbers? I feel like they’re literally making up numbers.
Well for one thing it tells us they're planning on a ~210 KWh battery pack. I'm sure they'll find resources for DOZENS of those... :p

At $120K retail for the truck and half in that bty pack, it'll be about $300/KWh :eek:

Cheers!

Didn't think I would like the design but I LOVE IT! Can't wait for he SUV version, and one knows it will be a popular limo conversion product.
It looks great, but it's a joke. You'll be parking it next to your Bolt. That almost sounds like poetry. Doh!

For those wondering which media outlets are on the take or heavily influenced with big sponsors like GM - watch the reporting on this Hummer unveil tomorrow. It will be so obvious - like watching N Korean news report on Kim Jung in a swimsuit contest.

Or some may just "like" it............(As much as past GM products have been criticized by the Auto media, GM's ad buying is not getting them much.)

Didn't think I would like the design but I LOVE IT! Can't wait for he SUV version, and one knows it will be a popular limo conversion product.

I LOVE your brand of parody. Just the right "almost believable" tone.

I think no matter how good earnings are, the media/analysts will spin it as a miss. We’ll probably drop below $400 and I’ll be loading up.

Pretty sure the drop first, then the spin. The media needs to write something to fit the narrative of why the stock went one way or another. They don't cause the drop in the first place. I don't remember the media ever had a headline like "Tsla share soars as it misses all expectations". They will always find something in there like "Tsla share soars as analyst feels Elon is more jolly than usual".

There was a time when someone jumped the gun and wrote the wrong headlines because Tsla first dumped, then soared.

Didn't think I would like the design but I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the SUV version, and one knows it will be a popular limo conversion product.
527EF271-FCA0-4D29-92E3-C19D4DEBC355.jpeg

Reserve yours!

I think no matter how good earnings are, the media/analysts will spin it as a miss. We’ll probably drop below $400 and I’ll be loading up.

I believe factset average for non-GAAP EPS is 0.55 and revenues of 8.3 billion. Either way I’m expecting Tesla to beat both on top line and bottom line. GAAP will be impacted by the stock based compensation. The media story this time could change from Tesla is unprofitable without credits to how much “money” Elon is making.

Rough math...

Current Model 3 price 38K

Margin 20%

Cost to produce 30,400

Battery Pack 55 kWh - $100 per KWh = 5,500

Cost of rest of car = 25k

Savings from casting etc 3K -22K..

Battery $50 per kWh. = 2,750

Cost to produce = approx. 25k

Add 20% margin $31,250

My maths might be wrong, but 25K seems a long way away...

important to note the current model 3 20% margins are being generated on an ASP significantly higher than $38k, so it is very likely the base model $38k SR+ variant is not achieving margins of 20% yet.