Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it comes to the re-write release and what all new functions are going to be in it, I gotta think it's essentially feature complete since Elon has now repeatedly started calling it FSD beta.

You can't really say it's a FSD beta unless it has all of the features in it...just in beta phase. I didn't really have any expectations that the re-write would come with all FSD features active, maybe just like 1 or 2 new features but I'm starting to rethink that
No doubt this release is "feature complete", which is what Elon promised last year.

I think put up or shut up time has finally arrived for AP. We're about to find out if current AP hardware can actually reach the finish line.

Wait, didn't the Bolt compete against the Model 3?
Lol, I think you misspelled BoLG... (it's a Korean Kitchen Kar) :p

korean-bbq-special-bul.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EV forever and UCF3
After-action Report: Tue, Oct 20, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "Shortzes Snooze the Daze Away"

Traded: $13,462,476,559.90 ($13.46B)
Volume: 31,756,012
VWAP: $423.93

Close: $421.94 / VWAP: 99.52%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $393.168B / $184.846B = 212.70%​

CEO Comp. Status:

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $398.80
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $272.13
Nota Bene: 4th tranche of CEO comp. likely unlocked Oct 06-07

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 50.8% (50th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 35.5% (43rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.47% of Short Volume (45th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-10-20.png

Comment: "Andy Capp"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

When it comes to the re-write release and what all new functions are going to be in it, I gotta think it's essentially feature complete since Elon has now repeatedly started calling it FSD beta.

You can't really say it's a FSD beta unless it has all of the features in it...just in beta phase. I didn't really have any expectations that the re-write would come with all FSD features active, maybe just like 1 or 2 new features but I'm starting to rethink that

My reading of Elons remarks are that it'll be feature complete in the sense, mostly borrowing his words here, that it will have a "non zero percent" chance of doing any given element of the driving task in all most situations.

I expect in some of those situations, initially, it'll be closer to 0 percent than 100- and Elons own remarks on roundabouts for example support this (he said it would do them initially, but wouldn't do them WELL for probably another year, and said so pretty recently).

And I expect officially it's all still at L2, and at least some situations, like the initial stop sign/light rollout, it'll require explicit driver confirmation of actions.

The Tesla IR analyst estimate compilation has revenue at 8.4b$, non-GAAP 0.76$/share, GAAP 0.39$/share.
Retail EPS seems to be around 0.78 to 0.88 as far as I can see, versus the updated FactSet of 0.77 - going to be tight and although will clearly be record numbers all over, looks like a "beat" in the same way as the P&D was a "beat".

Really don't know how to call this...
Yahoo is still showing $8.26b/$0.54.
Tesla is the only company that analysts keep changing their estimates till the earnings release.
Tesla should do away with the P&D release. There is no need for that additional transparency given that Tesla now is executing consistently. And the P&D number just serves as a tool for analysts to game their ratings. Imagine that Netflix does the same practice and releases its subscription numbers twenty days before it announces earnings.

Lol sorry guys I had to pop in and say 350 miles for the Hummer when it's saying it's going to compete with Cybrtruck.....such a joke
The biggest takewaway so far, the base model is $79k 250mi and does not appear until 2024. The initial model is over $110k. Looks nice. But not that nice. I would actually be interested in the base at $49k. See how it compares to my by then three year old cybertruck.

2024??? Really? What will Tesla have by then? Cybertruck will probably work underwater in 2024.

Yahoo is still showing $8.26b/$0.54.
Tesla is the only company that analysts keep changing their estimates till the earnings release.
Tesla should do away with the P&D release. There is no need for that additional transparency given that Tesla now is executing consistently. And the P&D number just serves as a tool for analysts to game their ratings. Imagine that Netflix does the same practice and releases its subscription numbers twenty days before it announces earnings.
I would expect analyst to change the estimate considering material information that accounts for over 85% of the revenue was released just 18 days ago.