Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Breaking $630 seems like a foregone conclusion.

09F4B3DF-5E26-4865-91E4-59E9FF0366D2.jpeg

EDIT: Aaaand it's gone.

Cathie Wood was featured on Market Rebellion on Oct 13. The full video appears to be inaccessible now (linked in this Twitter post), but in it she said TSLA would experience about 45% compound annual growth rate through 2025 which (by my calculation using the share price on that day) puts her end of 2025 target price at around $2,800. ARK's 2024 "Bull" prediction from Jan 2020 is $3,000.

Hopefully we will get an updated price model from ARK in the new year.

The stock divided (split of 5:1) in August really messes with numbers especially with TSLA climbing as fast as it has. ARK's 2024 "Bull" prediction from Jan 2020 is $3,000 which has already been passed today :eek: (Greater than $600/share). If she gave the presentation in Oct then she would be talking in today's prices, so the $2800 price target would be about 4 times more that the current value today :cool:

Edit: I was wrong, the information I had quoted already adjusted for post-split numbers. Thanks everyone for correcting me :oops:

Last edited:
GM has wanted to get rid of a good many poorly performing dealerships for decades, I recall consulting with them on on such effort for a new model lineup back a couple decades ago. That has always been fraught for them and for several OEMs, just about like Toyota trying to buy out independent US distributors after they were already billionaires. So, now that BEV adoption is a sure thing it's easier to bribe the bottom end into giving up before they try to cope with something they don't want to hear, but know si inevitable. Actually that is pretty smart for GM.
If I am not mistaken, the only dealerships that will be "gotten rid of" would be Cadillac-only dealerships. I do not think the Dealer that sells multiple GM brands will be adversely affected, other than that they could no longer sell and/or make money on the Caddys anymore.

Request to the moderators
Is it possible to extract the discussions regarding the 'Closing Cross' into a separate thread? I missed most of the discussion unfortunately, and trying to go back and find all the relevant posts is very difficult. For someone like me with not much financial education, these things are quite hard to understand.

Also, can someone repost the YouTube link that started the discussion? I had seen it on my phone a few days back, now cannot find the post even with searching.

*Ahem* O/T, but there was talk, some ages ago about a TMC Meetup in Iceland when the SP hit $420.69... PRE-SPLIT. I guess that means we'll all need to make some 7 trips there now, which is fine by me :)

SP $500 was the trigger...

I had my flight booked and Karen had sorted out AirBnB's, C19 killed it off though :(

TMC Iceland Meetup 2020!

Assuming this gamma chart is somewhat accurate, these levels are forcing a lot of increased dealer hedging.

bb6e8f8dc47f2b1b1db5645a4d9e78a7.png

I appreciate the data, but I'm having a hard time interpreting this chart. Is it claiming that share buying from MMs looking to hedge wouldn't level out until about $775? (And that a drop to below ~$590 would result in the selling of a substantial amount of shares as MMs unwind their hedges?)

Tesla could soar another 300% as the company expands its tech outside the auto industry, a prominent VC investor says

• Tesla could soar over 300% to reach $2,500 in the next three years, the venture capitalist and veteran tech analyst Gene Munster told CNBC on Monday.
  • The Loup Ventures cofounder said Tesla would use its current technology to expand beyond the auto industry into areas like insurance and HVAC.
  • "They're going to evolve outside of cars longer-term," Munster added.
Hold onto your butts guys.... I think Investors might have found our little secret that Tesla isn't just a car company. :rolleyes: