Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Request to the moderators
Is it possible to extract the discussions regarding the 'Closing Cross' into a separate thread? I missed most of the discussion unfortunately, and trying to go back and find all the relevant posts is very difficult.

Finding those posts (to place them in a separate thread) is as hard for a moderator as it is for you :oops:

Today for the first time, I saw my account hit an important milestone. I am pretty certain this has happened once before on the Monday after the stock dividend/stock split, but Fidelity took 3 days for the changes to reflect in the account - so I never saw this beautiful number pop up.

Of course, currently my account is quite heavy on options, which are going up fast, hence this high number. But all my financial decisions, which have been life-changing to my family, have been all thanks to discovering this group. Many many thanks to you all!

upload_2020-12-7_10-53-57.png

Tesla could soar another 300% as the company expands its tech outside the auto industry, a prominent VC investor says

• Tesla could soar over 300% to reach $2,500 in the next three years, the venture capitalist and veteran tech analyst Gene Munster told CNBC on Monday.
  • The Loup Ventures cofounder said Tesla would use its current technology to expand beyond the auto industry into areas like insurance and HVAC.
  • "They're going to evolve outside of cars longer-term," Munster added.
Hold onto your butts guys.... I think Investors might have found our little secret that Tesla isn't just a car company. :rolleyes:
I like Gene and appreciate his comments.

Then he had to mention flying taxis. o_O

Tesla could soar another 300% as the company expands its tech outside the auto industry, a prominent VC investor says

• Tesla could soar over 300% to reach $2,500 in the next three years, the venture capitalist and veteran tech analyst Gene Munster told CNBC on Monday.
  • The Loup Ventures cofounder said Tesla would use its current technology to expand beyond the auto industry into areas like insurance and HVAC.
Hold onto your butts guys.... I think Investors might have found our little secret that Tesla isn't just a car company. :rolleyes:
And an energy creation and distribution company... Just like apple went from PCs to ipods to....

The stock divided (split of 5:1) in August really messes with numbers especially with TSLA climbing as fast as it has. ARK's 2024 "Bull" prediction from Jan 2020 is $3,000 which has already been passed today :eek: (Greater than $600/share). If she gave the presentation in Oct then she would be talking in today's prices, so the $2800 price target would be about 4 times more that the current value today :cool:

ARK's Jan 2020 model had a bull prediction of $15K pre-split. The numbers in my post were already adjusted to the current post-split numbers. FWIW, with Gene Munster stating $2,500 by the end of 2023 that puts him right there with ARK's 2024 bull scenario ($15,000 pre-split, $3,000 post-split).

Ex:
Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 2.02.17 PM.png

The stock divided (split of 5:1) in August really messes with numbers especially with TSLA climbing as fast as it has. ARK's 2024 "Bull" prediction from Jan 2020 is $3,000 which has already been passed today :eek: (Greater than $600/share). If she gave the presentation in Oct then she would be talking in today's prices, so the $2800 price target would be about 4 times more that the current value today :cool:

I did a disagree on your post:

I belive the Golden Goose was $22000 and the Bull was $15000 pre split. Which would be $4400 and $3000 now post split. Their probable case was $7000/$1400.

You seem to have divided by 5 one more time to get $600

CNBC - premarket:

I appreciate the data, but I'm having a hard time interpreting this chart. Is it claiming that share buying from MMs looking to hedge wouldn't level out until about $775? (And that a drop to below ~$590 would result in the selling of a substantial amount of shares as MMs unwind their hedges?)

Again - cannot vouch for the accuracy of this data. But gamma is the increase in delta hedging needed pr move in the underlying (tsla).

I read the chart as showing the increase in shares needed to be bought to be delta hedged as the stock increases in price. (It doesn't make sense if Y axis is $ amount, as that seems way too low of an amount)

@ReflexFunds has done thorough work on the subject of delta hedging and its effect on TSLA.