Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why you avoid committees, and really meetings altogether. What kind of psychopath sees the largest inclusion in history looming, one where the retail base has ZERO interest in selling at any price, and thinks.....let's add 25 days to the process!

Good life lesson you'll see repeated constantly if you pay attention. There are stupid people everywhere.

This is why you avoid committees, and really meetings altogether. What kind of psychopath sees the largest inclusion in history looming, one where the retail base has ZERO interest in selling at any price, and thinks.....let's add 25 days to the process!

Good life lesson you'll see repeated constantly if you pay attention. There are stupid people everywhere.
Stupid people enable us smart people to make $$ :)

Today for the first time, I saw my account hit an important milestone. I am pretty certain this has happened once before on the Monday after the stock dividend/stock split, but Fidelity took 3 days for the changes to reflect in the account - so I never saw this beautiful number pop up.

Of course, currently my account is quite heavy on options, which are going up fast, hence this high number. But all my financial decisions, which have been life-changing to my family, have been all thanks to discovering this group. Many many thanks to you all!

View attachment 615384

With that kind of gain in 1 day, you should be required buy a new roadster. :eek:

With that kind of gain in 1 day, you should be required buy a new roadster. :eek:

Do you think my husband has not already considered it and brought it up a few times? :rolleyes: Especially the red one would look so snazzy

But I want the Cybertruck - probably because I am only 5' tall, so sitting in a driving a Cybertruck towering over the other puny cars on the road has enormous appeal :D

I shoulda sold 100 shares and bought more calls (or at least leaps) when inclusion was announced. Was scared off by the thought that indexes already had agreements on shares / swapping shares between overweight funds / general strategy for inclusion because this was an inevitable scenario.

Nope...I gave too much credit to the institutions lol.

Yep this is just unreal. IV is still not at dangerous levels and low volumes so you have to think there is much more room to run.

I’ll be looking to sell some covered calls if IV is greater than 120.

Given the price moves on low volume and the stability in the rallies, I'm pretty confident that whatever share price we end up at EOD Friday will be the bottom of any pullback post inclusion date + 15-20%.

So if we end the week at 700, added 15%, which is 105/share to get 805 share price. The reason I'm adding 15% is because based on the relatively low amount of volume, I don't think the selling volume from those front running inclusion + any investors willing to sell in the 800-900 will be able to match the buying volume of index funds that WILL NOT be selling any shares once they buy. So the net gain percentage wise is 15% to me, maybe 20%.

Yeah, if they had done this as usual they we wouldn't even know the inclusion is planned for 12/21. So shares would probably have been $400-450 right now.

Reactions: saniflash
I think a major value in FSD is when it is legal for your own car to drive itself. Feeling sleepy on a road trip? Take a nap while AI drives for you. Bored on a long drive? Watch a movie while AI drives. Had a couple drinks? Let AI be your designated driver.

I'm skeptical that a full robotaxi service will happen within the next 3 or 4 years. At least one more year for the technology to be robust enough, another year or so of regulators approving it, and at least another year before people beyond earlier adopters and enthusiasts feel comfortable having AI drive them somewhere.

The ability for your own car to legally drive itself is a $1T opportunity IMHO.
People are going to get Tore the hell up! Bars might become the community centers for adults. I realize that the reason I am not seeing the very drunk in bars like I did in the 1970's is the DUI cloud. When DUI's are no longer a restrain bars will prosper...
On a broader view. FSD will be disruptive like ONLY I can imagine. It's impact will be a multiple of trillions of dollars on other aspects of the world. The FSD will be trained in the Dojo to be everything to everyone, and placed in so many robot forms that the world will be saved from humans.
Till then enjoy your mere pittance of an investment. Money is nothing. All the TSLA you plan to leave to make the lives of your children better will be useless.
(The above was done without the aid of psychoactive drugs, honest).

and the stock is at $641 let's party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I called Wells Fargo Advisors in 2010 and asked them how I can move my tiny $22k 401k into entirely TSLA. They told me it was impossible so I eventually just gave up, being young and stupid. Kind of wish I had pursued that a little more tenaciously, or Wells Fargo cared about their customers enough to explain my real options.
Our company 401K is administered by Wells. We have a self direct option through Schwab with Wells. Never thought about it until now....