Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, we got half the SP back that was wrongfully taken from us yesterday, looking for the rest tomorrow, plus a pound of flesh to spoil THEIR week

Running up nicely in AH :eek:
Something something filling gap is healthy according to TA something. Apparently parabolic moves are bad and consolidation periods are good. Lame ducks.

Item 8.01 Other Events.

On December 9, 2020, Tesla, Inc. completed the sale of $5.0 billion (before commissions) of its common stock through its “at-the-market” offering program previously disclosed on December 8, 2020. The final settlement of the shares sold is expected to be completed by December 11, 2020

So banks did their best to dump the price by unloading ~8m shares in 1 day.

Yeah unfortunately the options in my 401k are limited to index funds. :/ I probably won't bother to sell on the hope of a 1% savings really.

I received a tracking number from LSO as part of it. It just says "waiting on shipper" though so idk.
Once a year you can roll your 401K into a traditional IRA or Roth IRA. Rinse and repeat...

Yeah unfortunately the options in my 401k are limited to index funds. :/ I probably won't bother to sell on the hope of a 1% savings really.

I received a tracking number from LSO as part of it. It just says "waiting on shipper" though so idk.

You might consider borrowing against your 401K and putting that money into TSLA in an individual account. I did something like this back in 2007, except bought precious metals prior to the collapse. The loan was limited to 50% of the value of the 401K. I just set it up to take payments on the loan from the paycheck and never really noticed it. This solution was better than what happened to many others.

• Informative
Reactions: WattsHappening
Was there any communication about the shipping? The ONLY think I know about mine is a charge from SPEAKEASYCO.COM which I presume is handling this? Just a guess because I don't have any other communications.
Received shipping email on Dec 4 th
Received 2 Tesla tequilas yesterday .
All set to celebrate next week.

Boy, I thought those chairs would overhang the market forever. /s

Lucky, I got 400 of those chairs (had to sell a kidney /s, but it felt like it).

Regret not setting my buy order a little bit higher at opening. Thought I would be as lucky as last week at 545 with a continuous dip. Should have listened to the guys here who put buy orders at 569.
Could have also couple hundred more chairs to sit on for the show.

Reactions: H Mak and M|S|M MYP
46D5D483-0A4F-4BB1-9652-CF67CAC91F39.jpeg

Once a year you can roll your 401K into a traditional IRA or Roth IRA. Rinse and repeat...

Not necessarily...
All depends on the company rules
I have a 401-K but I cannot roll over any of the $$ until I leave the job...
This is limited to only to mutual funds (so obviously I'm in Baron Partners)

Do you mean while you're still employed at the company where your 401k funds are invested? Is this standard practice? New to me if it is. I'm going to have to look into this.

EDIT: checked with my 401k plan. Our plan does not allow rollovers until employment termination.

Last edited:
I'm thinking just use it to buy more shares if and when there's a big dip & sell calls against them at the same strike & expiry. IV should still remain elevated when it dips in the short term. That way you end up with more shares at an even lower cost. Those shares appreciating should help you roll the CCs up when needed.

Your thinking and risk appetite is very similar to mine! Thank you for this idea, do let us know once you execute!

Reactions: dl003