Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I desperately need to go do something for the next hour but $3500 was my original get out because you are stupid rich price. Originally planned for 2028 or so. I'm obviously not, getting out that is, anymore but I really don't want to miss breaking $700. So I stay and we won't get there. I go and we will but I'll miss it.

Life is so hard sometimes.

I desperately need to go do something for the next hour but $3500 was my original get out because you are stupid rich price. Originally planned for 2028 or so. I'm obviously not, getting out that is, anymore but I really don't want to miss breaking $700. So I stay and we won't get there. I go and we will but I'll miss it.

I like to look at my "get out" moment like this:

When someone asks me in the future when I sold TSLA, I'd like to say, "when I felt good enough to know that my money helped ensure climate change was averted".

Dosnt have to be all or nothing. 50/50 60/40 70/30 80/20 90/10.

I could now officially buy a Model S with my earnings, but I need a home. Holding off for mb 1,111 or thereabouts. I’m nervous too, be well!

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Question: If we keep our slow trajectory, moving up with a few catalysts along the way, we will have many resistance levels. Does anyone have a estimate for a MAJOR resistance level. 1K?Knowing the first parabolic rise last year from 300-900. I would consider 300 the last MAJOR resistance. Since then it’s been relatively easy money :)

According to TA, the major resistance TSLA needs to close above is 695. If it doesn't close above 695 and get rejected 2x, then a correction sets in. If it closes above 695, then next PT is 740ish.

Some of us are still wage slaves and are expected to get things done. I know that's not a popular viewpoint here. All of us would like to be able to retire from the rat race.

Very much the truth as I am in the same boat. The guiding light for us, is that with belief in the mission we’ll all get there sooner than later ;)

GST is Federal and is 'basically' a VAT. It replaced multiple indirect taxes with a single VAT-like tax. The descriptions online help, but in practice it is considerably more complex than it appears to be. Zero doubt, BEV have vastly reduced road taxes in early all significant States. GST incentives do exist for a variety of categories including specific investment incentives. Thus 28% to 5% is not exactly correct, but overall the impact fo road tax reduction for BEV is a big deal. Not mentioned is reduced operating costs, which can vary quite a bit from city to city, state to state. India taxes are not unlike those of the US. Easy to generalize but WYSIWYG... NOT!

Otherwise it is true that the overall market for Model 3 is not tiny, the gross sales of similar priced vehicles are substantial, although these have been recently undergoing major changes.

see PM
I always have taken the position that GST and VAT are functionally synonymous, and that any distinctions are purely bureaucratic. Perhaps the India situation may demonstrate the facileness - superficiality, if you will - of this position. If so, I don't know whether it's better to say "thank you" or "drat you".

But here's a conciliatory tip: you and all others may use without fear of copyright abuse: "WYSINOTWYG".:D

GO!!

The rest of us would like to see $700 - don't be selfish.

Diversified 1% into ARKG yesterday and look what happened. I always knew this diversification is no good.

I just read on twitter that "Diversifying is the insurance for ignorance”.

One thing we on TMC is not, is ignorant. So I don't diversify...
One of my principles is to newer buy extra "insurance", on anything (except house, car and travel). ;-)

Our wealth manager has an "exit plan" for me which he will call about "after Christmas." I've informed him nature already has three scenarios. My wife already knows my deathbed advice: "Don't sell TSLA."

HODLAD.

Maybe some of these wealth managers and financial advisors are getting a commission for convincing their clients to part with their TSLA shares in addition to getting commissions for selling them other crap? :confused: