Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, HODLer and gleaner here. For all of the ups and downs 2020 brought us, I’m truly thankful for all of the knowledgeable, accomplished, and illuminating posters and members of this thread-- past and present! Wishing you and yours a phenomenal 2021 and beyond. Oh and..

THANK YOU ELON AND TEAM TESLA!!

Last edited:
The real fireworks may come on Monday, when Q4 deliveries are likely to be reported, perhaps along with other announcements. :cool:

i’m hoping the good numbers change the sell the news aspect we’ve seen a few times this year. even though they were short
-lived, it’ll be interesting to see how it handles the news with more eyes on tesla now

This year I reached my last outstanding lifestyle upgrade goal, thanks to TSLA and all the great info here.
I'll never fly long-distance in economy class ever again!
Looking forward to the new roaring 20's!

Hmmm. Not sure if I am willing to do that yet. Still today my wife and I for the 1st time because of estate planning we gifted each of our 3 kids $15K. Thanks Tesla for making Inheritance Tax something we need to think about.

Turns out we ended the first year of 20s on a high note!

Congrats to all that HODL though so far.

2021 will be an interesting year, IMHO, it will be a year of FSD price discovery, with multiple layers:
  • FSD pricing discovery, with FSD closer to reality and subscription coming, price could escalate very rapidly.
  • With that, comes the FSD package take rate rising and even people FOMO buying Tesla cars.(Tesla would stop pre-order of CT and maybe Roadster at that point, or stop offering locked in price)
  • Then comes the TSLA price discovery when people try to model TN, also Tesla licensing FSD + skate board to others(not ICE OEMs, they would go belly up before they put down their pride and take the offer).
  • Did I mention people would FOMO buy the cars? When they realize they are not getting any, second best would be TSLA, haha.
Cheers to all! Deeply thank you all for the contribution here!

Happy new year!

Last edited:
Not the first time I've made a post like this and definitely not the last but this community has been truly life changing. My Tesla investment would have been a fraction of what I actually purchased and I probably would have been far weaker in my convictions. Here's to another great year as part owners of the world's most disruptive and important company. Cheers!

My pure conjecture - just for fun - on how SP will react to different P/D numbers on Jan 4:

<500K down ~5%
500-505K down 3%
505-510K flat +/- 1%
510K+ up 5%

I don't think any of those numbers will matter until we see margin numbers. Delivery numbers around 500k is expected. + or - 5000 to 10000 deliveries wouldn't move the company 34 billion dollars in market cap. Being Tuesday might....

• Funny
Reactions: reardencode