Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't that what market makers are supposed to do? TSLA shares are freely available at these prices, go ahead and buy(or sell). If you recognize a daily 2% swing in a stock is reliably repeated in a certain window......isn't that a good thing?

I've been saying for years that we needed to create a TSLAMMD hedge fund that just traded this every day. We shoulda done it, by now we'd all be taking golden showers!
WHA WHA what the did you just say?
Seriously? a golden shower?

After watching the drone footages over the last few days I can’t help wondering how much more efficient Fremont would be if it were a Gigafactory instead of a lot of buildings cobbled together with lots of empty space between them. Too many people hanging/loitering around, a lot of storage in the open air, transport with forklifts and carriages, lines of cars waiting with drivers standing around.

The good thing: the more Gigafactories get built, the less Fremont will weigh on the average efficiency. And hopefully the high volume production (Model Y and 3) will eventually fully move to Gigafactories, leaving Fremont for lower volume products.

Not sure what happened to that link to the Italian FUD story, but I did find this quote from that article which explains the true motivation behind it.

During his speech, Marchionne remarked that for every little Fiat 500 electric car it sells in the U.S., it loses about $20,000.

“Doing this on a large scale would, of course, be economic masochism at its extreme,” Marchionne said.
This is bullish for TSLA as it supports what many have indicated for some time regarding ICE OEMs efforts to tip-toe into the EV space having this very consequence to face.
That was me. It was a 2017 article. Deleted. It was from a Frank Peelen tweet.
https://twitter.com/frankpeelen/status/1352638634755674120?s=21

After watching the drone footages over the last few days I can’t help wondering how much more efficient Fremont would be if it were a Gigafactory instead of a lot of buildings cobbled together with lots of empty space between them. Too many people hanging/loitering around, a lot of storage in the open air, transport with forklifts and carriages, lines of cars waiting with drivers standing around.

The good thing: the more Gigafactories get built, the less Fremont will weigh on the average efficiency. And hopefully the high volume production (Model Y and 3) will eventually fully move to Gigafactories, leaving Fremont for lower volume products.
In my opinion, Fremont will be rebuilt in 2023 when Texas is making both Y and 3. The hit will be a much smaller drop in overall production. Tesla could start to build a new model there instead of the 3/Y. New car production will take less space and go faster making Fremont remain valid.

I'm really disappointed in the crowdsourcing effort of the Tesla community.

Passive drones?

Why can't someone stick a Matterport 3D camera on their dome, jump the fence, and run around the Fremont factory?

I want a clickable 3d model like this of the entire space.

MP_RealEstate-doll-house.jpg

Get to it slackers.

Electrek - 15 minutes ago: Survey shows EV owners will not go back to gas, brand loyalty is a bit 'fickle,' and Tesla leads - Electrek

Excerpt:

A new Electric Vehicle Experience (EVX) Ownership Study by JD Power shows that electric car owners will not go back to gas, but brand loyalty is a bit more “fickle.”

Tesla is enjoying a strong lead in EV experience.

Benzinga - early this morning: Tesla Secures Top Spot In JD Power's Survey Of Premium EV Owners

Excerpt:

Tesla Inc secured the most marks in the premium segment in the first-ever U.S. Electric Vehicle Experience Ownership Study carried out by J.D. Power.

What Happened: The Palo Alto, California-based automaker’s Model S vehicle got the highest customer rating from owners with 738 points out of a possible 1,000, reported CNet Roadshow on Thursday.

The study reportedly spanned battery-electric cars and plug-in hybrids from the model years 2015-2021; just under 10,000 owners participated.

Tesla accounted for three spots with its Model 3, Model S, and Model Y vehicles, while Volkswagen AG came in the fourth spot with its Audi E-Tron.
About the part of "brand loyalty is a bit fickle", basically it says whoever bought an EV that's not a Tesla regrets deeply and will most likely "consider" Tesla next time.
Couldn't find the exact numbers but got some snippets from here:
The study finds that 95% of EV owners whose overall ownership satisfaction exceeds 900 points say they will purchase another EV. Nearly two-thirds (64%) of these owners say they “definitely will” repurchase the same brand.
Among owners whose satisfaction is between 600 and 750 points, 77% indicate they “definitely will” purchase another EV—although their likelihood of repurchasing the same brand is only 25%.
I think the "900 points" bar is a typo though, since there is no car ranked above 800, Tesla models took all top ranks in premium segment with:
  • Model S: 798
  • Model 3: 790
  • Model Y: 780
  • Model X: 758
(even considering none-premium, only Kia Niro with 782 is close, others are all well below 750)

So to summarize the report:
Tesla owners satisfied, other EV owners regret, but none will go back to ICE.

Last edited:
OT
Considering the $100 prize Elon is going to give....The best capture of carbon is the already captured carbon.
This isn't like any other tech I am familiar with...
Company Profile | Alliance Bio Energy
As a disclaimer I bought stock several years ago. When it went to .02 I didn't sell just because I believed in it..and hey, what are you going to do, Bail when you see it falling? I knew a "very" original investor, way back when the company was actually producing entertainment Movies. I got to go to the main research facility with the UCF Doctorate Engineers and a mini ball mill separating the cellulose and lignin.
Here's the Article from Seekin Alpha which has bumped the stock considerable (I am now 2x and don't consider bailing till this becomes mainstream.)
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4397491-blue-biofuels-absolute-best-and-no-1-microcap-idea-for-2021
If you believe in improving the world's atmosphere this takes ALL plant waste (yard rubbish crop waste etc) and converts it to carbohydrates/sugars available to microbes, and lignin that is closer to pure than any other commercial source. The lignin may become the more valuable product.
As a last benefit a massive reduction in landfill volume.
Even if it isn't chosen for the award if it just got more exposure it would be implemented sooner...
Can someone give me a webpage for consideration of Elon's Prize?

• Informative
Reactions: FireMedic
Barron's - hour ago: Tesla Is Shaking Up One of the Hottest Areas in Solar Power

Excerpt:

Tesla has launched a new product in a critical area of solar power -- inverters.

The devices attach to solar-panel systems and change the direct current they produce into alternating current, allowing them to be connected to the electrical grid. While that sounds like a mundane industrial part, inverters can be loaded with sophisticated technology. Stocks of companies that make them have been skyrocketing over the past year.

OK, so do we know what they are building next to the Fremont factory on @gabeincal 's latest video? Did Tesla buy extra land and is expanding the factory or is that another company?
View attachment 629719
I asked this here after one of his first videos.I think someone responded it would actually become apartments. My memory is a bit hazy though. I figured Tesla could at least lease it for parking for awhile but apparently something will be built there soon.