Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did I refer to “Tesla supporters” as fanbois? I never used the phrase “Tesla supporters,” you added that. But “fanbois” was the correct term in the context of what I wrote.

Bottom line, I stand by every single damn thing I’ve said. Deal with it.

I’m going to bow out now so the mods don’t get in a tizzy.

I'm confused. You are an enthusiastic TSLA investor and you are groveling for book royalties? :confused:

I'm guessing you might have sold too much, too soon. :p

I think the current price action is bollocks.
Max Pain is $840 this morning. TSLA is likely capped by the Mid-BB at $846.67 (triggers technical selling).

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-04.11-10.png

IMO, TSLA is waiting news to trigger the next move.

Ideally, keep the car plugged in overnight and pre-heat the battery before long drives - and when driving to a non-Tesla high-powered charger, use the trick of navigating manually to that charger while at the same time having entered the nearest Tesla Supercharger as destination (to force the battery pre-heating).

Spoofing the car shouldn't be required. It doesn't seem like a challenge for Tesla to have all the fast DC charging stations mapped so they can treat third party chargers in the same manner as a Supercharger (for purposes of battery conditioning).

Love the new avatar photo.
Lol, "Diamond Hand" (singular), since I only* hold one equity: TSLA :p

Now, what are the catalysts we're expecting for TSLA (and how will we know)?
  • China Jan P&D numbers (but Chinese New Year's holiday is Feb 12-22, 2021)
  • signs of Model 2 factory at Giga Shanghai (an effect may req an announcement)
  • firming up mid-year production start at Giga Berlin (likely emails to customers)
  • wider beta for FSD (with attendent risk of 1st incident)
  • public progress on Kato/Roadrunner (possibly 1st cells go to Giga Berlin)
  • Tesla Semi line starts at Giga Nevada (along with new Panasonic bty cell line)
So, I see steady progress this year. The above list is what I see coming over then next 6 mths.

Cheers!

*c.f. "Diworsification" :p

Last edited:

• signs of Model 2 factory at Giga Shanghai (any move may req an announcement)
  • firming up mid-year production start at Giga Berlin (likely emails to customers)
  • Tesla Semi line starts at Giga Nevada (along with new Panasonic bty cell line)
So, I see steady progress this year. The above list is 6 mths worth that I see coming.

Cheers!

Don't forget introduction of FSD subscription!

This sums up the real problem we have in trying to save the world from catastrophic climate change, half the world is currently run by crazies or\and dictators who care for nothing beyond their own power and wealth during their expected lifespan. :(

And the other half is made up of people who don’t want to change, don’t want to be inconvenienced - ever, and are full of excuses why something won’t work before they’ve even tried (ie., no dash display people/the yoke steering wheel is dangerous/impractical/fillintheblank people).

• signs of Model 2 factory at Giga Shanghai (an effect may req an announcement)
So, I see steady progress this year. The above list is what I see coming over then next 6 mths.

Cheers!

Two more things coming this month:

2/14?: Berkshire report to find out what investment they hid last quarter
end of month?: new ARK forecast for TSLA.

Don't forget introduction of FSD subscription!
I agree, it'll help. But I don't see Tesla releasing incomplete features / capabilities from the FSD Beta program to the release version of FSD (the one currently for sale for $10K in the U.S. but which does NOT do 'navigate on city streets'.

So I see a subscription service being a positive for adoption rates of the existing product, but not the 10x 'Home Run' for the SP that I expect from a fully functional release of FSD w. robotaxi fleet.

I'm hopeful for wider release in 2021, but I'm not basing my forcast on that timetable. I'm calling for 2025-7 (and the release of the Model 1 / Robotaxi) for the full effect of FSD on TSLA's SP.

Gonna go out on a limb here and call for the 1st Gigafactory in India to be a Model 1 / Robotaxi plant, and that Tesla will buy most of the production for their own fleet, and sell just enough to fleet operators to fund the program for Tesla.

With a 50% gross margin, it could be that Tesla owns half of all robotaxi's effectively for free, while growing the revenue stream for future income, and managing net profits to minimize taxes.

Note that the combination of EV/FSD/Gigafactories will eat the world by 2040, Mars in the next Century, the Solar System this Millenium, the Galaxy in 100K yrs, the local Group in 1M years, and the visible Universe in 1B years. BTW, that's a shorter timespan than there's been multicellular life on Earth (a paltry 600M years). Amateurs! :p

Winning ^(Cubed) :D

Cheers! #FSD

Last edited:
The Biden Administration Is About to Put Its Stamp on Financial Regulation. What Investors Can Expect.

Wow, there's a lot to unpackage in this article.

"The Labor Department is also expected to soften its stance on retirement plans’ use of ESG funds. A department rule last year made it tougher for plans to include these investments, but Biden has ordered a review of any Trump-era rules that may conflict with his administration’s environmental goals. And while investors big and small gain some powerful advocates at the regulatory agencies, the financial-services industry can look forward to stricter rules and tougher enforcement."