Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT:

I'm no expert in these matters, but would you say you have anger issues? You seem to be at odds with everyone. In this one post alone, you:
1) Called Elon "a complete d***"
2) Referred to Tesla supporters as "fanbois"
3) Are at odds with the moderators. You have this in your profile "tmc moderators are horrible people with too much power"

Here's a tip, if you would like to get an interview with the world's busiest CEO, don't call him "a complete d***."

I've glanced at some of your posts, and in all honesty, if I were Elon, I would never give you an interview. If you are part of the mission "to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy", you are doing it wrong. Good Luck.

Where did I refer to “Tesla supporters” as fanbois? I never used the phrase “Tesla supporters,” you added that. But “fanbois” was the correct term in the context of what I wrote.

Bottom line, I stand by every single damn thing I’ve said. Deal with it.

I’m going to bow out now so the mods don’t get in a tizzy.

Agreed, it’s complete bollocks. I read all EV articles on the danish engineering unions newspage, and it’s amazing and frankly scary how misguided most comments are. Instead of EVs, people there claim that we should just - “just” - electrify all roads, or use hydrogen or what about when you have to haul a boat 1000 km uphill both ways. You have to be an engineer to comment there (I’m not, I just read), and many of them are either completely clueless or keep getting involved in all these elonroad things and hydrogen and what have you.

One person there keeps hijacking threads to discuss his amazing RUF-system. It’ll solve ALL problems with cars. It’s perhaps the most hilarious bad webpage I have ever seen, including 1995 geocities pages.

Anyway, I’m really, really happy to have found this forum.

Don't discount the possibility that Russian disinformation bots (or in some cases, real people working in disinformation 'farms') have infiltrated the comments. Powers in Russia want to do more than sow political discord to weaken others and strengthen Russian standing in the world. The Russian economy and the power of the Russian oligarchs is completely dependent upon fossil fuels remaining the primary energy source of human civilizations. An engineering newspage would be fertile ground to help achieve their aims.

WuWa is out with a new video of the new Supercharger factory in China:

Tesla's second factory in Shanghai, the Tesla Shanghai Supercharger Plant, was officially launched on 3 February. The factory is located approximately 6 km east from the Shanghai plant and leases a local company's warehouse. The charging pile factory is located on Tiangao Road.

There is no prominent Tesla logo at the factory gate and the factory building is not different from the surrounding buildings. Tesla's Shanghai Supercharger Plant, with an investment of approximately RMB 42 million and an area of nearly 5,000 square metres, will combine R&D and production with an initial capacity of 10,000 Superchargers per year, mainly for the V3 product.

The product is Tesla's most advanced charging pile, with a maximum range of 250 kilometres in 15 minutes of charging, and has multiple advantages such as ultra-light liquid-cooled charging cables. Throughout 2020, more than 410 Tesla Superchargers have been built in mainland China, including more than 180 Tesla V3 Superchargers. Previously, Tesla Superchargers were imported from the USA.

The production of Superchargers in China will not only accelerate the popularity of V3 Superchargers, the world's top charging equipment, in China, but will also contribute to the development of a new infrastructure for charging piles in China.

Model 3 with LFP cells: The big nextmove winter test

Detailed charging-report from Germany for the MIC M3 with LFP-Battery (all SR+ RWD).

(Including video with reports of people where i.e. the car goes from 14% to 0% instantly)

Main Takes:
- LFP still seems to be shaky & customers are used as "test-subjects"
- Dial-in of the BMS takes time & is much harder than with NMC (in China people got asked to charge up to 100% once a week)
- 440km WLTP-Range -> drops to 150km in Winter under bad circumstances
- 250km in winter under "good" conditions.

From Nextmove's review, the cold-climate LFP-owners have a couple of options for improving their battery performance (apart from waiting for Tesla to deploy improved firmware). These options are in fact the standard ones:

Ideally, keep the car plugged in overnight and pre-heat the battery before long drives - and when driving to a non-Tesla high-powered charger, use the trick of navigating manually to that charger while at the same time having entered the nearest Tesla Supercharger as destination (to force the battery pre-heating).

PS. Admittedly, charging a near empty battery and seeing the power go to 120kW and then quickly drop to 73kW is not good, even for a SR model - hopefully Tesla can tune the BMS to give owners more supercharging power.

Last edited:
Don't discount the possibility that Russian disinformation bots (or in some cases, real people working in disinformation 'farms') have infiltrated the comments. Powers in Russia want to do more than sow political discord to weaken others and strengthen Russian standing in the world. The Russian economy and the power of the Russian oligarchs is completely dependent upon fossil fuels remaining the primary energy source of human civilizations. An engineering newspage would be fertile ground to help achieve their aims.

This sums up the real problem we have in trying to save the world from catastrophic climate change, half the world is currently run by crazies or\and dictators who care for nothing beyond their own power and wealth during their expected lifespan. :(

I can’t blame Elon here. I sure wouldn’t want a book written about me or my company if I didn’t have direct say on final product. Even if Elon gives all the time in the world to the author, nothing is preventing the author from adding in something just for the controversy.....to sell books.

I have to agree. Almost any CEO has had an experience of being asked questions from a journalist only to see their quotes taken out of context in an article. It’s why biographers need to cultivate trust from their subjects over many, many years. Jobs gave Issacson access, but he had to earn Jobs’ trust over a long period of time. You can’t just rush in and expect such a public figure to trust you right off the bat.

Pro-tip: publicly complaining about your subject doesn’t help.

I'm sure the thought has already crossed everyone's mind, but with the castings eliminating 600 robots (300 each for front and rear--wow is that right?!?) that means that new factories, aside from being cheaper, also come up more quickly. Don't have to wait for those robots to be delivered, or to calibrate each one. Relatively easier to just get a single casting machine set up. So every manufacturing improvement there pays dividends in the future.

Improve the wiring system...now what other machinery is no longer needed for future factories? Optimize. Improve the rate at which you can manufacture. Take over the world. Then Todd cashes in his stock and buys a bunch of girlfriends islands.
For the sake of discussion: How many more factories do you think Tesla will build?

The EV market is crawling and may begin walking soon, but Tesla is moving at warp speed.

By 2024, Tesla's competitiveness will be in another galaxy.

Not concerned about Apple at all. In fact, I don't think legacy OEMs or EV startups should worry about them either.

Not so sure about this. Have owned a Kia Soul EV for five years, and a Tesla model X. I like both. The Kia has doubled its range compared to when I bought it, and offers good value considering its 4x cheaper than the x was...but now about 3x cheaper. Point is Kia is gaining experience in building EV’s, and the ’s may be a red herring in the big picture. No reason to expect their batteries won’t continue to significantly improve as well by 2024.

Have you checked out a Kia telleride? A genesis GV 80? These are impressive vehicles, that if you can make a similar EV , will be great.

charging infrastructure should be increases as well by hen.

Apple can deploy lots of $$$, to probably some user friendly car Technology. and probably source batteries.

when you combine that with apple’s loyal followers, and people like my wife who like the (what they call) seamless architecture of apple products, I can see them being a major competitor, and instantly gobbling up a good chunk of market share.

Agreed, it’s complete bollocks. I read all EV articles on the danish engineering unions newspage, and it’s amazing and frankly scary how misguided most comments are. Instead of EVs, people there claim that we should just - “just” - electrify all roads, or use hydrogen or what about when you have to haul a boat 1000 km uphill both ways. You have to be an engineer to comment there (I’m not, I just read), and many of them are either completely clueless or keep getting involved in all these elonroad things and hydrogen and what have you.

One person there keeps hijacking threads to discuss his amazing RUF-system. It’ll solve ALL problems with cars. It’s perhaps the most hilarious bad webpage I have ever seen, including 1995 geocities pages.

Anyway, I’m really, really happy to have found this forum.

You got a "love" from me for use of the word "bollocks" - that's highly advanced for a non-native speaker and earns you my deepest respects...

Over reported in MSM
.Amazon Rivian Delivery Van
.Apple Kia -- iKia Car starting 2024

UnderReported
.Super Charger factory starts production in China
.Pace of Berlin/Austin GF

I'll buy the dip ;)

As an early reservation holder of the Rivian R1S, I’m more than a bit annoyed that Amazon was able to jump the line and get their vans first. Rivian even used the excuse of the coronavirus as the reason their consumer vehicles weren’t delivered last year, which I guess was total bollocks given the appearance of the Amazon van.