Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've passed my goal and I'm retired - which means I'm selling a little every month.

In my retirement spreadsheet I ended up with 420.69 as my retirement goal share price - purely a mathematically calculated number I assure you. No memes involved.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased that I can sell for 2x that number this month.

I don't blame you guys earlier on your path to retirement for rejoicing when you can buy at a discount. But I'm rooting for the other team now - the another ATH please crowd.

Edit:

If you don't remeber then I can remind you that on October 30th we closed @ $388.
So if you feel that the share price is much lower than expected then perhaps think again.
Sure - we got $1200 from the experts - but even at todays $842 we've come a long way.
Why are you selling? Get a collateral loan on your stock. It is low interest and cost me (as an example) 2.65% and some are getting a better rate than that. Keep all your money in the stock. Good times and good luck!

Edit: Look up SBL lending (Securities Based Lending)

Last edited:
Why are you selling? Get a collateral loan on your stock. It is low interest and cost me (as an example) 2.65% and some are getting a better rate than that. Keep all your money in the stock. Good times and good luck!

But.......you would need to sell stock to pay the loan payments anyway? Only now you'd be paying interest on that loan too?

So I've passed my goal and I'm retired - which means I'm selling a little every month.

In my retirement spreadsheet I ended up with 420.69 as my retirement goal share price - purely a mathematically calculated number I assure you. No memes involved.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased that I can sell for 2x that number this month.

I don't blame you guys earlier on your path to retirement for rejoicing when you can buy at a discount. But I'm rooting for the other team now - the another ATH please crowd.

Edit:

If you don't remeber then I can remind you that on October 30th we closed @ $388.
So if you feel that the share price is much lower than expected then perhaps think again.
Sure - we got $1200 from the experts - but even at todays $842 we've come a long way.

Instead of selling stock, why not sell covered calls?

Just sayin'

Of course it gets walked right back down. It'd be nice if the stock action wasn't so predictable when low volume sets when it comes to weekly options :rolleyes:

I have a variety of stocks I own or track with varying market caps of the companies from micro to macro and Tesla stock by far tracks to options the most of any of them. The moment I saw volume dry on Tuesday I was like "Well looks like we're done for the week"

Volume is lower than a midget at the world limbo championships...

Perusing the MP chart, as it stands on here I would predict $847.50 as the target for tomorrow, but of course this isn't bang up-to-date:

upload_2021-2-4_19-40-18.png

Ford sells 900k or so F-150s a year, surely the Cybertuck can hit at least half that number.

The bottleneck isn't producing the vehicle, it producing the batteries.

900K Cybertrucks requires over 100 GWh of bty cells (and that's with a 90:10 ratio of Std/Dual mtr w 100KWh to Plaid w. 200KWh btys, so more bty req'd if the Plaid:Std C/T prod. ratio is higher).

That's doable, but will consume the entire output of a 2nd Austin Bty plant (or adding ~5 modular bty lines @ 20GWh/yr to the 1st plant).

So quite obvious how a rampup will proceed:
  • 200K Cybertrucks initial production capacity
  • C/T prod. sized to match cell capacity of 1 bty line
  • prove C/T market and establish revenue stream
  • 400K Cybertrucks in phase 2 (2nd bty line added)
  • prove Market and establish revenue stream
  • 600, 800K modules in phases as demand allows
  • total time: at least 4 years, w. options for more lines
Cheers!

For the sake of discussion: How many more factories do you think Tesla will build?
About 2 orders of magnitude more than they have now give or take.

This would be including off-earth factories. Also, tunnels may allow efficient fractionation of factories and tunnels themselves may contain factories.

Once self assembly becomes a thing there may be more orders still, but the semantic distinctions around what constitutes a "factory" may make the original question more or less meaningless.

This sums up the real problem we have in trying to save the world from catastrophic climate change, half the world is currently run by crazies or\and dictators who care for nothing beyond their own power and wealth during their expected lifespan. :(

All good. The trend is one fewer nation run by crazy per month. (Based on one data point).

I have to agree. Almost any CEO has had an experience of being asked questions from a journalist only to see their quotes taken out of context in an article. It’s why biographers need to cultivate trust from their subjects over many, many years. Jobs gave Issacson access, but he had to earn Jobs’ trust over a long period of time. You can’t just rush in and expect such a public figure to trust you right off the bat.

Pro-tip: publicly complaining about your subject doesn’t help.

Thanks for pro-tip, Phil. I didn’t know you had a lot of journalism experience. Also, Isaacson is a lightweight historian who tends to overlook important facts, misleads readers with historical inaccuracies you could sail a Glovis ro-ro ship through, and doesn’t do the deep homework, but whatever. And the taken out of context argument seems reasonable on the surface but is not at all the issue here.

Everybody is shooting from the hip here. This is not adding value, just spreading ignorance. I recommend returning to learned speculation on stock price.

But.......you would need to sell stock to pay the loan payments anyway? Only now you'd be paying interest on that loan too?

As I understand it, there is no mandatory payment. The broker is happy to keep earning their percentage. At worse you might want to pay the interest so they aren't ringing up interest on the interest. :eek: As long as the stock is gaining more than the margin loan is costing it seems like a pretty good arrangement. If that changes, be ready to settle up.

I just got similar advice today from a family member telling me "Apple is making an electric car, you should sell all your TSLA stock, seriously"

I just made a friendly wager with that family member. In a paper trading account at my brokerage, I bought $10,000 worth of both TSLA and AAPL shares. I told him we will check this account 5 years from today and see who wins.

Relating to Tesla investment:- increased demand for
I think the Roadster 2 will be the dog's bollocks!

Ha ha, gotcha!!

I can't imagine how the Roadster 2 (R2) can be improved upon unless the cold jets become even more powerful & standard on high performance cars (track only?).

Maybe this.. Rimac C Two - Wikipedia (C2)

Not sure if includes 1 foot rollout for R2 or C2, but this is another smackdown to ICE. Creator comes across as another great Polymath, EV star. 0-60 for C_Two 1.85 seconds according to Wiki

On matters of English English

Typography
:-

Personally, on a family friendly forum, I prefer
Ballcock.svg

• Funny
Reactions: Unpilot