Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: NooB_cat
Any signs that the EV tax credit will be restored for Tesla?

Yep, it's pretty explicitly restored in the GREEN Act which was reintroduced by the House subcommittees yesterday. Here's the bill description: https://mikethompson.house.gov/sites/mikethompson.house.gov/files/GREEN Act 2021 sxs.pdf

The provision expands the qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit under Section 30D to apply a new transition period for vehicle sales of a manufacturer between 200,000 and 600,000 electric vehicles (EVs), under which the credit is reduced by $500. The provision replaces the current phaseout period (which begins at 200,000 vehicles) with a phaseout period that instead begins during the second calendar quarter after the 600,000-vehicle threshold is reached. At the start of the new phaseout period, the credit is reduced by 50% for one quarter and terminates thereafter. For manufacturers that pass the 200,000-vehicle threshold before the enactment of this bill, the number of vehicles sold in between 200,000 and those sold on the date of enactment are excluded to determine when the 600,000-vehicle threshold is reached.

So Tesla gets an additional 400,000 vehicles worth of ITC. Also worth noting they're introducing a 30% energy storage tax credit that would apply to Powerwall and be stand-alone from the solar tax credit, and a $2,500 refundable credit for low-income families purchasing used EVs.

https://twitter.com/davidtayar5/status/1359553697555091456?s=21
675BE782-F3C0-455A-9C06-B399569EB123.jpeg

Yep, it's pretty explicitly restored in the GREEN Act which was reintroduced by the House subcommittees yesterday. Here's the bill description: https://mikethompson.house.gov/sites/mikethompson.house.gov/files/GREEN Act 2021 sxs.pdf

So Tesla gets an additional 400,000 vehicles worth of ITC. Also worth noting they're introducing a 30% energy storage tax credit that would apply to Powerwall and be stand-alone from the solar tax credit, and a $2,500 refundable credit for low-income families purchasing used EVs.
So ~6 months of Tesla's production. Got it.

So, I should sell my model 3 NOW and wait a couple of months and buy two model Y's ?

Last edited:

The Vanguard Group owns 6.1% of Tesla.

Any entity that owns more that 5% of a company must report through an SC 13-G as seen below.

Tesla - today: teslainc

Benzinga - half hour ago: Tesla 13G Filing From Vanguard Shows Raised Stake From ~43M Shares To ~57.8M Shares, Or 6.1% Stake In Co.

I have chairs held in a Vanguard account.

Do these get included in the Vanguard total?

Or is the Vanguard total including only shares held in Vanguard funds?

Reactions: MikeC and ReddyLeaf
There's a difference between $780 and $800??

To me they are one and the same for all practical purposes.

Think in big chunks, not little thin slivers.

I read this and decided now is the time.
upload_2021-2-10_10-43-3.png

FSD L4 in Germany, COOL! But it doesn't stop there folks. It will be a race to see which countries leap into the future first. Calling on Sweden, Canada, Chandler or Florida maybe to chime in on plans soon?
I will buy more if I have to...

Anyone know when this secret Berkshire Hathaway investment will be revealed - will be in their 10-K, as I understand it, but when is that likely to be?

I imagine if they had invested in $TSLA then the SP would rise on the news, if not it's unclear to me whether it would cause a dip. I'm not sure that many outside the hard-core $TSLA crowd have paid much attention to it