Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was doing the Wendy’s app too

I had a list of bags I had experience handling when on the app over the weekend:
TSLA
BTC
ARKF
ARKG
ARKQ
ARKW
Sounds like you should've applied to Kroger. They are always looking for good baggers

Edit: full disclosure, I work for Kroger and am just trying to get a referral bonus so I don't have to also apply to Wendys.

in general Tesla’s design feels super „soft“ to me. Looking at the Audi etron gt, the Model s ist just „soft“, not the aggressive look I’d prefer a lot. Even the roadster, as beautiful as it is, is not really aggressive enough in my eyes.

I hope the local designs from Germany and/or China will change this a bit
Overly aggressive designs are intended to promote the arms race on the roadways to prod folks like soccer moms and "land of the lost boys" pickup truck owners into ever larger and more wasteful vehicles.

Tesla design has shown you can have a graceful, aerodynamic vehicle that also kicks a$$.

Indeed, this latter approach is, or at least was, a time honored strategy in the US: "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" (Theodore Roosevelt).

Soon plenty more of the current crop of macho ICE vehicles will seem like so many "all hat and no cattle" poseurs. ‘Twill also certainly be a relief to see today’s bumptious grilles going the way of the Codpiece - Wikipedia.

After-action Report: Mon, Mar 01, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Rises with the Tide (x2)"

Pre-Market:

Consolidated Last Sale: $689.59 +14.09 (+2.09%)
Pre-Market Volume: 677,390
Pre-Market High: $700.00
Pre-Market Low: $675.50​

Main Session:

Traded: $18,773,622,182.75 ($18.77B)
Volume: 26,486,604
VWAP: $708.80

Close: $718.43 / VWAP: 101.36%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $740 (-$20 from Fri)​

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 1.591544% (Feb 26)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / FB $689.588B / $754.376B = 91.41%
NB: Yahoo has updated Mkt Cap re 10-K shares (Feb 10, 2021)

CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including 10-K (Feb 01) shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $751.72B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $561.90B

Mkt Cap for 10th tranche ($550B) likely achieved Tue, Feb 23, 2021
Mkt Cap for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021
Mkt Cap for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link).
'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 43.4% (42nd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 42.6% (46th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 1.17% of Short Volume (51st Percentile Rank Exempt)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2021-03-01.png

QOTD: @lklundin "This person has delusions of being helpful"

Comment: "True wisdom emerges when the teacher becomes the student"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Aggressive designs (sharp angles) are bad for aerodynamics. I think Tesla will prefer aerodynamics over a super-aggressive look until sometime in the future when there are no longer “range wars” or range anxiety.

I agree that aerodynamics are an important factor in Tesla designs but I think the non-aggressive lines are also a conscious design decision apart from aerodynamic constraints.

To support this, just look at the lead designer's personality. Franz has got to be the definition of non-aggression. Elon has to approve Franz's designs and he is also not much of a peacock personality either.

Tesla is a leader, not a follower, and auto design has become increasingly aggressive over the last couple of decades, in my opinion, aggressive auto designs have already crossed the line where they start to look obviously ridiculous, especially on newer pretend muscle cars and trucks. Tough and macho, chest puffed out, peacock feathers splayed, to the extent that it makes a rational person wonder what deficiencies the owner is trying to compensate for.

It's true that aerodynamic considerations lead to less aggressive looking lines. Tesla chooses not to layer aggressive lines on top of that which would start to look unconvincing and conflicted.

Fashions come and go in regular cycles and Tesla is leading out of this brash, overly masculine cycle and into more intuitive and feminine style that is sensitive to the challenges facing humanity.

Tesla is leading by bucking old tired and overdone fashion trends. Leaders lead and followers follow.

Last edited:
“Green eggs and SPAC”

what does the hive mind decode?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1366514542939828224?s=21

The more important Elon tweet - Elon Musk on Twitter: "@WholeMarsBlog Q2 for sure" / Twitter

Haven't been expecting FSD wide release and subscription for Q1 since he hasn't talked about it and we're in the 3rd month. So the best case scenario would have been Q2.....though I'm still expecting like beginning of Q3.

But Q2 subscription model release will do big things for the stock.....especially when the pricing is announced. Hoping they go for a $200/month price but I think a $150/month to start or maybe do like 150/month for first year, 200/month after would still tremendous for Tesla's valuation.

I agree that aerodynamics are an important factor in Tesla designs but I think the non-aggressive lines are also a conscious design decision apart from aerodynamic constraints.

To support this, just look at the lead designer's personality. Franz has got to be the definition of non-aggression. Elon has to approve Franz's designs and he is also not much of a peacock personality either.

Tesla is a leader, not a follower, and auto design has become increasingly aggressive over the last couple of decades, in my opinion, aggressive auto designs have already crossed the line where they start to look obviously ridiculous, especially on newer pretend muscle cars and trucks. Tough and macho, chest puffed out, peacock feathers splayed, to the extent that it makes a rational person wonder what deficiencies the owner is trying to compensate for.

It's true that aerodynamic considerations lead to less aggressive looking lines. Tesla chooses not to layer aggressive lines on top of that which would start to look unconvincing and conflicted.

Fashions come and go in regular cycles and Tesla is leading out of this brash, overly masculine cycle and into more intuitive and feminine style that is sensitive to the challenges facing humanity.

Tesla is leading by bucking old tired and overdone fashion trends. Leaders lead and followers follow.

If you want aggressive lines... the cyberpunk armored personnel carrier with bare steel finish and nothing but strait lines is probably your jam though.

Reactions: cjkosh
I need my Cybertruck to be able to take up 23 parking spots at once, easily navigate over curbs and road debris like ladders, mattresses, bumpers, whathaveyou, bust thru all fencing types at high speed, be dent and scratch resistant, not require touchup paint or Xpel or ceramic coating for when a bird craps on it, and look like it belongs in the Zombie Apocalypse. Anything else it can do is a bonus.
I just came back from the future. "Flux capacitor" option should be avoided at all costs. Please don't buy the CYBRTRK and avoid visiting the CCCP (Russia) Amerika looks even worse (only has rotted out F-150s) wait a second......o_O Amerika (USA) today dosen't look much different than in 2030 :eek:
86131632.jpg

The more important Elon tweet - Elon Musk on Twitter: "@WholeMarsBlog Q2 for sure" / Twitter

Haven't been expecting FSD wide release and subscription for Q1 since he hasn't talked about it and we're in the 3rd month. So the best case scenario would have been Q2.....though I'm still expecting like beginning of Q3.

But Q2 subscription model release will do big things for the stock.....especially when the pricing is announced. Hoping they go for a $200/month price but I think a $150/month to start or maybe do like 150/month for first year, 200/month after would still tremendous for Tesla's valuation.
If FSD costs $10K and represents a better value, my guess is the monthly subscription cost has to be more than $200.

$150/month for the first year makes no sense for Tesla IMO (again, if $10K flat represents the best value). It would be better to offer 15 or 30 day trial periods.

What I'm curious about is any lock in period.

I can't imagine they're gonna let HW2.x EAP owners get a HW3 swap for 1 month of subscription price- so seems like (for those needing HW upgrade anyway) requiring like a 12 month commitment would make sense.

OTOH maybe there's a small enough # of such folks by this point it's not worth having more than 1 offering and they just eat the cost for whatever the small # who take the cheap HW upgrade without keeping the subscription costs them.