Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was 7% for the first 15 minute breaker, 13% for the second one, and 20% to halt for the day? Which would be 578, 540, and 497.
No that applies to indices.
" Under SEC rules, a stock is required to undergo a trading pause if the stock price moves up or down by 10% or more within a five-minute period."

This really shows how many members of this forum are completely ignoring the competition. It reminds me of the GME apes at WSB.

Which competition, specifically, should we be concerned about and why? I'd genuinely love to hear a coherent bear argument -- I've been holding since shortly after IPO and am yet to hear something that would make me hit the sell button, although the covid shutdown fireworks came closest a year ago. Having been through various dips in the past, especially 2016 and 2018, this little drop doesn't worry me at all. Tesla is past the point of max-q; its domination is pretty much inevitable imo. Just a matter of patience.

Insert diamond, hands, and rocket emojis here.

That was also my thinking. But then I watched a video (AI Driver I think), attempt a right turn 3 times and it improved from a fail to more and more success, no edits, a difficult maneuver, swear it learned it within 10 min to perfection, anticipating the timing.

I saw that too. My `best guess is it was just coincidence that it appeared to be getting better. Because each attempt is slightly different. This is just an artifact of the way neural nets work, especially one that is still a work in progress.

Since we're trading about 5x QQQ on decent volume, is this retail capitulation?

I’m convinced most of this selling has to be retail. Even small orders are being part-filled.

upload_2021-3-5_11-10-36.png

Edited for incorrect info.
What @dl003 said.

See Investopedia:

"Are the rules the same for single-stock circuit breakers?
No. Under SEC rules, a stock is required to undergo a trading pause if the stock price moves up or down by 10% or more within a five-minute period. These rules vary depending on the price of the stock and whether it is a Tier 1, Tier 2, or other NMS listed security."

Things just got exciting around the house. I heard a racket in the other room and found the cat was bouncing off the furniture chasing a mouse. By the time I got out there the mouse was hiding under a desk and the cat was watching closely. Suddenly, the mouse darted across the room and under the sofa. I got over there and lifted one end of it, and being a double recliner that couch is heavy.

I shook it trying to scare the mouse into making a run for it and something fell out and bumped into my foot. I set the sofa back on the floor and investigated. It was exactly enough to buy three chairs at $575.

That made my day!